- Tensions mounting after lawmakers can't load internet radio Updated: May-05-15 4:46 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Tensions are boiling in the Vermont statehouse between lawmakers and the state's technology and innovation commissioner.
- Hezbollah captures Syrian village from Islamic militants Updated: May-05-15 3:13 pm
BEIRUT - Hezbollah fighters captured a Syrian village Tuesday near the border with Lebanon after intense fighting with Islamic militants, the group's television station said, while an activist said battles are concentrating near a strategic Syrian hill.
- Comcast now has more Internet than cable customers Updated: May-04-15 9:15 am
NEW YORK - Just before its $45 billion deal with Time Warner Cable collapsed over regulators' fears about a giant cable company's control over the Web, Comcast was racking up more Internet customers.
- Cable, pay-per-view problems leave viewers fighting mad Updated: May-03-15 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - For some boxing fans, the big fight Saturday night turned out to be between them and their cable companies.
- Comcast must show what's next after collapse of deal Updated: May-01-15 6:36 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, which reports financial results on Monday, faces some tough questions about what's next for the country's biggest cable company after its dreams of a far-reaching network collapsed with the death of its $45 billion Time Warner Cable deal.
- 3 boys saved by customized airway tube made on 3-D printer Updated: Apr-29-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - In a striking example of how 3-D printers could customize medical care, doctors turned powdered plastic into tiny devices that saved the lives of three baby boys by holding open defective airways so they could breathe - and the implants even expanded as the tots grew.
- Booming China film industry mines Web for oddball talent Updated: Apr-29-15 3:04 am
BEIJING - Yi Zhenxing's movie career started by posting clips of himself online with a paper bag over his head commenting on computer games.
- Cablevision strikes deal to offer Hulu streaming services Updated: Apr-28-15 3:52 pm
NEW YORK - Cablevision Systems Corp. struck a deal with Hulu to offer the Internet television service's on-demand content to its Optimum customers, the first pay-TV company to do so.
- 'Avengers' stars wary of artificial intelligence Updated: Apr-27-15 12:41 pm
BURBANK, California - The cast of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" may battle out-of-control artificial intelligence onscreen but in real life, they're not so sure about cutting-edge technology. The Associated Press talked with the "Ultron" cast about what they embrace and what they fear in today's high-tech landscape:
- Winners and losers of the demise of the big Comcast deal Updated: Apr-24-15 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - In the aftermath of Comcast's decision to walk away from buying Time Warner Cable, some winners and losers are emerging.
- Comcast abandons Time Warner Cable bid after gov't pushback Updated: Apr-24-15 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - What killed Comcast's $45 billion bid for Time Warner Cable? Regulators' desire to protect the Internet video industry that is reshaping TV.
- Sports video software company building new Lincoln HQ Updated: Apr-23-15 12:43 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A sports video software company plans to build a new headquarters on the west side of Lincoln's Haymarket District.
- Forest Heights student receives 3-D printed hand Updated: Apr-19-15 8:02 pm
HARRISON, Arkansas - Cameron Little gave his mom a few playful jabs with his left hand.
- Ohio high school students make prosthetic hand for toddler Updated: Apr-18-15 10:39 am
FINDLAY, Ohio - When Addy Johnson twirls and dances around her Findlay living room, it's obvious the 20-month-old has an affection for the color pink and her Finding Nemo stuffed animal.
- Verizon slices up the bundle, lets customers choose Updated: Apr-17-15 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - Under pressure from an expanding number of cheaper online video services, the long-dominant bundle of channels offered by cable companies is becoming a bit more flexible.
- Crackle streaming service acting like TV network Updated: Apr-14-15 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Crackle video streaming service, known best for Jerry Seinfeld's motorized interview series with fellow comics, says it wants to be more like a traditional television network.
- Apple Watch isn't the only gadget out this week Updated: Apr-09-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - The public will have its first chance to see, touch and buy the Apple Watch on Friday, as Apple stores in the U.S. and eight markets abroad start previews and online orders commence.
- YouTube to give viewers ad-free option for monthly fee Updated: Apr-08-15 7:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - YouTube will soon give viewers the option of paying a monthly fee to skip ads.
- Vivendi confirms offer for video sharing site Dailymotion Updated: Apr-07-15 1:40 pm
PARIS - Vivendi, the Paris-based media multinational, confirmed an offer for the online video sharing platform Dailymotion on Tuesday, a day after a Hong Kong company blamed France's protectionist policies for its decision to abandon its bid.
- Consumer groups say YouTube Kids app is deceiving Updated: Apr-07-15 12:10 am
WASHINGTON - The new YouTube Kids mobile app targets young children with unfair and deceptive advertising and should be investigated, a group of consumer advocates told the Federal Trade Commission in a letter Tuesday.