- Auburn University signs Space Act Agreement with NASA Updated: Jul-31-15 4:19 am
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University has signed a Space Act Agreement with NASA to explore and advance the applications of additive manufacturing, or 3D printing.
- Nokia launches virtual reality camera for 3D video Updated: Jul-29-15 10:07 am
HELSINKI - Nokia says it's launching a virtual reality camera that will be able to capture three-dimensional video designed for professional content creators.
- VidCon a chance for fans to see online video stars in person Updated: Jul-25-15 6:04 pm
ANAHEIM, California - A swarm of spontaneous selfie sessions has commenced in the lobby of the Anaheim Convention Center as hundreds of fans have gathered for impromptu interaction with folks they watch online. There are no personal bodyguards or VIP areas. It's simply a sea of human energy.
- AT&T buys DirecTV, now biggest traditional TV provider in US Updated: Jul-24-15 7:58 pm
NEW YORK - Even as TV watchers increasingly go online, AT&T has become the country's biggest traditional TV provider with its $48.5 billion purchase of DirecTV.
- YouTube makes virtual reality push with 360-degree 3-D Updated: Jul-23-15 10:29 pm
ANAHEIM, California - YouTube says it's making a further push into virtual reality, promising to add 3-D support for videos that play back in its 360-degree format.
- YouTube creators looking elsewhere for money Updated: Jul-23-15 8:07 pm
ANAHEIM, California - When 29-year-old YouTube star Meghan Tonjes launched a podcast with crowd-funding site Patreon a year ago, it was one of dozens of things the singer-songwriter was doing to grind out a living online. Today, it's paying her rent.
- Comcast adds Internet customers; box office pumps up revenue Updated: Jul-23-15 4:03 pm
NEW YORK - Despite a slowdown in subscriber growth, the Internet is still propelling Comcast.
- Michigan boy goes to White House for anti-bullying video Updated: Jul-22-15 6:44 pm
HARTFORD, Michigan - A southwestern Michigan boy's online video in which he stood up to cyberbullies has earned him messages from prominent figures, appearances on news stations and now a private tour of the White House.
- Beijing police detain 4 for sex video that spread online Updated: Jul-20-15 9:52 am
BEIJING - Four people have been detained in connection with a sex video purportedly taken inside a Uniqlo fitting room that spread rapidly online, Beijing police said.
- In Tech: Comcast games, Microsoft music, HBO online Updated: Jul-16-15 4:20 pm
Comcast is adding another hook to try to keep customers in front of the TV: video games in its set-top boxes.
- Review: Apple Music has everything, perhaps too much Updated: Jul-16-15 4:40 am
LOS ANGELES - Apple's new music service is a valiant effort to catch up in the emerging business of offering unlimited music on demand for a monthly price. It does so while acknowledging the legacy of iTunes, the world's most popular store for buying individual songs to own.
- New Comcast online video service for its Internet customers Updated: Jul-13-15 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, the country's largest cable company, is offering its own online video alternative as people spend fewer hours watching live TV and more time using tablets and phones for entertainment.