- Netflix facing protests over DVD-less baby benefit policy Updated: Aug-20-15 8:16 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Netflix is getting jeered for excluding the employees in its DVD-by-mail service from a recently introduced benefit that gives up to a year of paid leave to most of its workers after the birth or adoption of a baby.
- A meal and a webcam form unlikely recipe for S. Korean fame Updated: Aug-19-15 12:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Every evening, 14-year-old Kim Sung-jin orders fried chicken, delivery pizza or Chinese food to eat in a small room in his family's home south of Seoul. He gorges on food as he chats before a live camera with hundreds, sometimes thousands, of teenagers watching.
- Felicia Day embraces her geek stardom status in 'Weird' Updated: Aug-11-15 10:11 am
"You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)" (Simon & Schuster), by Felicia Day
- Vice digital editorial staffers join union Updated: Aug-08-15 3:28 pm
NEW YORK - Vice Media's digital editorial staff are joining a union - the latest in a wave of digital staffers voting to unionize.
- AP Interview: Japan's 'Godzilla' director wants to surprise Updated: Aug-05-15 4:11 am
TOKYO - Radiation-breathing Godzilla destroyed so many cities and fought so many monsters, the original Japanese film series outgrew its budget and audience. So the filmmaker working on the revival will go back to the basics while still looking to surprise.
- FDA clears first 3-D printed prescription drug Updated: Aug-03-15 3:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration has approved the first prescription drug made through 3-D printing: a dissolvable tablet that treats seizures.
- Auburn University signs Space Act Agreement with NASA Updated: Jul-31-15 4:19 am
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University has signed a Space Act Agreement with NASA to explore and advance the applications of additive manufacturing, or 3D printing.