- As it closes AOL deal, Verizon teases new video service Updated: Jun-23-15 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Verizon is launching a mobile video service this summer that would show sports, concerts and other types of content.
- Apple's about-face reveals cracks in music industry Updated: Jun-22-15 8:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - Apple's abrupt about-face on paying royalties for songs during a three-month free-trial period for its new music service was a symbolic victory for superstar Taylor Swift and other artists, and a shrewd business move by Apple, at a time when the streaming phenomenon is causing major changes in the music industry.
- 3D-printing company to add 170 new jobs in Wake County Updated: Jun-18-15 12:04 pm
CARY, North Carolina - A Minnesota-based company specializing in 3D printing will be expanding its Wake County operations and is expected to create 170 new jobs over the next five years.
- Churches gain attendees, money when Internet is a sanctuary Updated: Jun-14-15 10:01 am
ATLANTA - The Christian population in the U.S. reportedly is on the decline and parishioners aren't donating as much, which means some churches are rethinking how they manage their money.
- YouTube to launch app, site dedicated to gaming Updated: Jun-12-15 6:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - YouTube is seeking to win over gamers.
- Black film festival shifts focus to Web as options expand Updated: Jun-12-15 10:16 am
NEW YORK - As scrutiny continues over diversity in film and opportunities for African Americans in Hollywood, some black actors and producers are looking to another avenue where they see growth - the Web.
- Spotify gets investment as it faces competition from Apple Updated: Jun-10-15 8:41 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Music streaming company Spotify said Wednesday it has gotten a new investment from a Nordic telecoms company as it looks to compete globally, particularly with a rival service that Apple is due to launch this month.
- Who's Who in music streaming: Apple, Spotify, Pandora & more Updated: Jun-09-15 5:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple shook up the music world more than a decade ago when it offered an easy way to buy songs digitally for 99 cents each. Now, it's trying to do it again with a subscription music streaming service.
- Apple Music brings change to streaming, but is it enough? Updated: Jun-09-15 1:07 pm
When Apple launches its Apple Music streaming service at the end of June, it will affect things big and small in the music industry.
- Apple makes product upgrades, pushes into streaming music Updated: Jun-08-15 6:46 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple announced a major new foray into streaming music on Monday as it showed off a host of new software features for its iPhones, iPads and Mac computers.
- Showtime online streaming will include Roku, PlayStation Updated: Jun-08-15 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - Showtime said Monday its online streaming service will be available through Roku and through Sony's PlayStation Vue cloud TV service.
- The Latest from Apple show: iPad to look, act more like Mac Updated: Jun-08-15 2:39 pm
11:35 a.m. EDT (2:35 p.m. PDT)
- 3-D surprise: Girl missing part of arm gifted a prosthetic Updated: Jun-04-15 6:09 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - When 10-year-old Annika Emmert patted Winter the dolphin's smooth back at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium on Thursday, she thought that was the best part of her morning.
- Gawker website employees vote to unionize Updated: Jun-04-15 2:48 pm
NEW YORK - Gossip and news site Gawker Media employees say they have voted to join the Writers Guild of America, East, making it the first digital media outlet to organize.
- Showtime follows HBO into the streaming game Updated: Jun-03-15 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Showtime will join rival HBO with an online streaming service for those that don't want to pay for cable.