- Report: Colombia collecting bulk data without warrants Updated: Aug-31-15 4:08 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Intelligence agencies in Colombia have been building robust tools to automatically collect vast amounts of data without judicial warrants and in defiance of a pledge to better protect privacy following a series of domestic spying scandals, according to a new report by Privacy International.
- Benton County deputies to get tablet computers Updated: Aug-30-15 12:31 pm
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - Benton County deputies are getting dozens of tablet computers they can take to their calls, allowing them to upload reports directly from the field.
- State police get new, high-tech devices to stop bad guys Updated: Aug-26-15 4:13 am
PAW PAW, Michigan - Michigan State Police are being equipped with a set of new, high-tech "stop sticks" that will be deployed during risky high-speed chases on Interstate 94 in southwestern Michigan.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Aug-21-15 12:37 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Aug. 20
- Some Honolulu police officers using personal body cameras Updated: Aug-21-15 7:29 am
HONOLULU - While the Honolulu Police Department has not implemented a body camera program, some officers are using their own personal devices while in the field.
- Police: Explosive device found outside of Missouri motel Updated: Aug-18-15 12:02 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia police are trying to determine who left an explosive device in a vacant parking lot that led to the evacuation of guests from a nearby motel.
- Milwaukee police to fire GPS trackers onto fleeing vehicles Updated: Aug-06-15 1:46 pm
MILWAUKEE - New tracking technology acquired by Milwaukee police will allow officers to keep tabs on criminal suspects without a dangerous high-speed chase.
- Bellingham police consider 'predictive policing' software Updated: Aug-06-15 11:58 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Bellingham Police Department wants to adopt software to help officers predict where crimes are most likely to occur.