- Device helps police find missing elderly, vulnerable faster Updated: May-01-16 10:01 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Marion County sheriff's office wants people to know there a device that would help them track down missing elderly and vulnerable people more quickly. The device called Project Lifesaver is a bracelet with a beacon inside that allows search and rescue teams to zero in on a missing person.
- City commits $1M for camera system to combat violent crime Updated: Apr-26-16 12:17 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke says the city will commit $1 million for an expanded camera system to cut down on violent crime.
- Murder evidence tossed due to cellphone-surveillance device Updated: Apr-26-16 10:07 am
BALTIMORE - A judge has tossed key evidence in the 2014 killing of a woman in Baltimore after ruling that police illegally obtained it using a clandestine cellphone-surveillance device.
- Honolulu patrol officer arrested for prostitution, bribery Updated: Apr-20-16 7:33 pm
HONOLULU - A Honolulu Police Department patrol officer was arrested in Waikiki for attempted bribery, unauthorized use of a computer and prostitution.
- Bellingham to make body cameras mandatory for officers Updated: Apr-20-16 3:06 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Bellingham Police Department will require all uniformed patrol officers to wear and use body cameras starting this summer.
- Newark police: Cyberattack disrupted some computer systems Updated: Apr-16-16 12:53 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newark police officials say a cyberattack shut down some of their computer systems for three days last week.
- Poaching charges dismissed over GPS device Updated: Apr-13-16 7:17 am
MADISON, Minnesota - A Minnesota judge has dismissed criminal charges against a man accused in a high-profile poaching case because of a tracking device used by authorities.
- Maryland legislature passes criminal justice reform bill Updated: Apr-11-16 8:35 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The General Assembly gave final passage Monday to a comprehensive reform of Maryland's criminal justice system, while a tax-relief plan and a bill to provide sick days for employees of companies with at least 15 employees appeared to be stalled with only hours left in the session.
- Man detained after guns, explosives found in car near church Updated: Apr-08-16 4:56 pm
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - A man has been arrested after police found homemade incendiary devices and guns in his car in the parking lot of a Mississippi church.