- La. motor vehicles offices expected to reopen day after fire Updated: May-21-15 7:52 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Office of Motor Vehicles locations across Louisiana were expected to reopen Friday, a day after being unable to process transactions because of a fire at the state police data center.
- Las Cruces police updates policy on body cameras Updated: May-19-15 6:56 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Officials say 60 Las Cruces patrol officers will be getting body cameras after completing a mandatory training next month.
- Report shows few Utah agencies report using drones Updated: May-19-15 6:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A new state report published online this week shows only three government agencies in Utah reported using drones over the past year.
- Hancock County police see stun guns as key part of arsenal Updated: May-19-15 9:46 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - It started with a shout, followed by a click and pop.
- Emails show FBI privacy concerns about license-plate readers Updated: May-15-15 2:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in license-plate reader technology, but it halted a purchase order at least temporarily after lawyers raised privacy concerns about the surveillance three years ago, according to emails and other documents obtained by The Associated Press.
- Gov. Baker: Police body cameras raise privacy concerns Updated: May-05-15 6:55 am
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - Gov. Charlie Baker remains unsold on the idea of body cameras for police in Massachusetts.
- Va. governor vetoes bill limiting license plate readers Updated: May-01-15 3:37 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe announced Friday he had vetoed legislation aimed at restricting the use of automatic license plate readers.