- Column: Fuel-careful F1 less of a guilty pleasure Updated: Apr-17-14 5:20 am
- Tesla factor: Recharging Nevada's lithium industry Updated: Apr-11-14 3:40 pm
- Toyota gas cars get efficient engine from hybrids Updated: Apr-10-14 5:47 am
- Swiss unveil new solar plane for global flight Updated: Apr-09-14 3:34 pm
- GM to invest $449M in 2 Detroit-area factories Updated: Apr-08-14 2:28 pm
- Tesla to offer electric car leases to businesses Updated: Apr-08-14 9:29 am
- 1st fast-charging station for electric cars Updated: Apr-03-14 5:12 am
- CBS dubs sound for quiet electric car Updated: Apr-01-14 12:58 pm
- Daimler acquires lithium-ion battery maker Updated: Apr-01-14 6:10 am
- Feds close investigation of Tesla battery fires Updated: Mar-28-14 12:01 pm
- Cadillac takes on Tesla with plug-in ELR Updated: Mar-26-14 3:32 pm
- Deal allows Tesla to sell cars in Ohio Updated: Mar-26-14 6:37 am
- Arizona bill would allow Tesla to skip dealers Updated: Mar-19-14 6:56 pm
PARIS - As Earth's atmosphere warms alarmingly and fills with heat-trapping gases, and the writing on the wall - "People, we're in trouble!" - looms ever larger, Formula One has steadily become a guilty pleasure, the motorsport equivalent of blue whale burger or wearing panda fur.
RENO, Nevada - Take away the remnants of more than 200 exploratory drill holes and you're left with a rural landscape that looks just like any other in Humboldt County.
TOKYO - Toyota has developed an efficient gasoline engine using technology fine-tuned with gas-electric hybrids, in which the Japanese automaker is an industry leader.
PAYERNE, Switzerland - The Swiss-made airplane built for the first round-the-world solar flight has wings longer than a Boeing 747 jumbo jet yet weighs only about as much as a large car.
DETROIT - General Motors plans to invest $449 million in two Detroit-area factories to build the next-generation Chevrolet Volt hybrid electric car and two unspecified new vehicles.
DETROIT - Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. says it will begin leasing cars to small and midsize businesses.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah government leaders are unveiling the Salt Lake City area's first fast-charging station for electric cars.
NEW YORK - CBS News says an editor made an "audio error" in dubbing the sound of a loud traditional car engine over footage of the much quieter Tesla electric car in a "60 Minutes" story that aired Sunday.
BERLIN - Automaker Daimler AG is acquiring the remaining shares in a lithium-ion battery cell maker from specialty chemical company Evonik Industries AG as it intensifies its focus on electric cars.
DETROIT - The U.S. government's auto safety watchdog has closed an investigation into Tesla electric car battery fires after the company said it would install more shields beneath the cars.
Finally, there's an electric car that rivals Tesla's eye-catching Model S.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio auto dealers have struck an agreement that will allow Tesla Motors to sell its electric cars in the state.
PHOENIX - Electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors would be allowed to sell cars in Arizona without establishing a dealer network under a bill approved by a state Senate committee Wednesday.