- Tennessee restarting rebates for electric vehicles Updated: May-22-15 12:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation is restarting a rebate program for electric car buyers.
- Bill allowing 3 Tesla car stores clears Connecticut House Updated: May-21-15 8:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that would allow car-maker Tesla Motors to sell its electric vehicles directly to Connecticut consumers, but in a limited fashion, passed the state House of Representatives on Thursday.
- Lawmakers hoping for deal this year to allow Tesla in Utah Updated: May-20-15 5:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers said Wednesday they hope to work out a compromise law this year that would allow Tesla Motors to start selling its electric cars at its $3 million showroom in Salt Lake City.
- Professor seeks retraction of Science article he co-authored Updated: May-20-15 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Citing irregularities on the part of his colleague, a prominent Columbia University professor has asked Science magazine to retract a study he co-authored last year about the ability of openly gay canvassers to shift voters' views toward support for same-sex marriage.
- Spark electric car's price sparks a sales run Updated: May-20-15 12:07 pm
It took a price cut to generate a run on Chevrolet's 2015 Spark EV, with savvy car buyers realizing the lower price and federal electric vehicle tax credit can make for a super deal.
- Oregon to test pay-per-mile idea as replacement for gas tax Updated: May-20-15 2:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon is about to embark on a first-in-the-nation program that aims to charge car owners not for the fuel they use, but for the miles they drive.
- CEO: Nissan will be ready with autonomous driving by 2020 Updated: May-18-15 2:47 am
YOKOHAMA, Japan - Nissan Motor Co. will have vehicles packed with autonomous driving technology by 2020 but whether people will be able to drive them on roads is up to government regulators, Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said Monday.
- Fire breaks out for second time at Abu Dhabi's Masdar site Updated: May-17-15 5:46 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The company behind a high-profile green-energy technology community in Abu Dhabi says a fire has broken out on the site for the second time in a week.
- Toyota, Mazda announce 'long-term partnership' in technology Updated: May-13-15 7:19 am
TOKYO - Toyota Motor Corp. and Japanese rival Mazda are expanding their partnership to a long-term one focusing on technologies in the areas of safety and fuel efficiency.
- Tesla to build its first supercharging station in Norfolk Updated: May-11-15 10:26 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Tesla Motors has plans to build its first supercharging station in southeastern Virginia.
- GM cuts 2016 Volt plug-in hybrid car price by almost $1,200 Updated: May-03-15 12:58 pm
DETROIT - General Motors is knocking nearly $1,200 off the price of the 2016 Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid car.
- Tesla CEO plugs into new market with home battery system Updated: May-01-15 4:34 pm
FOSTER CITY, California - Never lacking daring ideas, billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk is determined to jolt the electricity market.
- Indianapolis officials question city's electric car program Updated: May-01-15 3:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Questions about cost and a heavily redacted contract are plaguing Indianapolis' plan to rent more than 400 electric cars for city employees.
- Iowa group looks to Moline's heavy use of alternative fuels Updated: Apr-30-15 1:14 pm
MOLINE, Illinois - Moline's use of alternative fuels to power its city fleet has caught attention across the border in Iowa.
- Expats try phones, social apps to connect to quake-hit Nepal Updated: Apr-27-15 10:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - After the earthquake hit Nepal, Prem Raja Mahat spent a sleepless night at his Baltimore home, trying again and again to reach his son, who was visiting friends and family back in Mahat's home country.
- New law aims to boost electric vehicle charging stations Updated: Apr-26-15 8:28 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A new state law is designed to help increase the number of electric vehicle charging stations in Maine.
- Yellowstone, Teton get $200K for electric vehicles, chargers Updated: Apr-24-15 11:47 pm
MOOSE, Wyoming - Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks have teamed up with a clean energy coalition to secure more than $200,000 to add a plug-in hybrid electric car to their vehicle fleets and to install six public electric vehicle charging stations.