- Grand Canyon commercial boaters eye alternative fuel Updated: Jul-05-15 5:51 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A group of commercial boaters in northern Arizona are set on one day leading excursions along the Colorado River in greener fashion.
- About $131,250 in Connecticut electric car rebates approved Updated: Jul-05-15 1:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officials say more than $131,250 in state rebates have been paid out or committed to consumers who've purchased or leased electric vehicles since May 19.
- Tesla tops 11,000 vehicles delivered in second quarter Updated: Jul-02-15 4:43 pm
PALO ALTO, California - Electric car maker Tesla's second-quarter deliveries surged 52 percent to set a company record exceeding 11,000 vehicles.
- Toyota, Nissan, Honda back hydrogen stations for fuel cells Updated: Jul-01-15 5:22 am
TOKYO - Toyota, Nissan and Honda are working together to get more fuel cell vehicles on roads in what they call Japan's big push toward "a hydrogen society."
- Hyundai sees green future in hydrogen-powered cars Updated: Jun-29-15 6:25 am
YONGIN, South Korea - Hyundai Motor Co. said Monday it believes hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are the future for eco-friendly cars despite challenges of limited infrastructure and slow sales.
- Electric car wins title at Pikes Peak race Updated: Jun-28-15 5:05 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Rhys Millen took an electric car to an overall title at The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday.
- Economic officials say Tesla factory will open in a year Updated: Jun-25-15 10:13 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada economic officials say work on a massive Tesla Motors battery factory east of Reno is going smoothly and it should be operational within a year.
- ADB: Asia must boost investment in clean energy Updated: Jun-17-15 5:27 am
MANILA, Philippines - Asia has made huge strides in developing clean energy over the last decade but must boost investment and its use of energy efficiency technology to meet rising demand and cope with climate change, Asian Development Bank officials and other experts said Wednesday.
- Sandoval announces electric car chargers between Vegas, Reno Updated: Jun-16-15 7:42 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Hoping to attract millennials and eco-conscious tourists to rural parts of Nevada, Gov. Brian Sandoval is announcing a plan to install electric car charging stations at regular intervals on the lonely stretch of road between Las Vegas and Reno.
- Slow sales cause Honda to scrub natural gas, hybrid Civics Updated: Jun-15-15 4:01 pm
DETROIT - Slow sales and falling gasoline prices have prompted Honda to stop selling gas-electric hybrid and natural gas-powered versions of its Civic compact car.
- Toyota close to unveiling 4th-generation Prius hybrid Updated: Jun-11-15 6:00 pm
YORK TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The timing isn't perfect, but Toyota is getting close to rolling out the next generation of its Prius gas-electric hybrid car.
- Chemical tanks, beer, Teach for America: 47 new W.Va. laws Updated: Jun-11-15 12:18 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Starting Friday, West Virginia will make life easier for craft brewers, many chemical tank owners and people who want to teach without a formal education background under laws taking effect this week.
- Indianapolis council sues over $32M electric car contract Updated: Jun-09-15 6:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis City-County Council has voted to sue the city as a way to prevent it from implementing a $32 million plan to rent 425 electric cars for its vehicle fleet.
- New hybrid grapes help grow wine industry in cold US regions Updated: Jun-07-15 11:16 am
CORINTH, New York - The Marquette grapevines clinging to a steep, rocky hillside in the southeastern Adirondacks are among a host of new grape varieties that have enabled a boutique wine industry to take root in areas of the Northeast and Midwest that were previously inhospitable.