- Researchers say charging stations key to electric cars Updated: Oct-06-15 2:17 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho National Laboratory study has found that widespread adoption of electric vehicles could reduce the country's gas consumption, but that the availability of charging stations will determine if more people buy.
- GM warns the Valley: Prepare to compete over driverless cars Updated: Oct-01-15 3:19 pm
MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Move that tiny self-driving pod out of the way.
- Correction: Loose Emu story Updated: Sep-30-15 6:25 pm
BOW, New Hampshire - In a story Sept. 28 about the return of an emu that had been on the loose in New Hampshire, The Associated Press reported erroneously the job of a man who took the bird back to Vermont. Kermit Blackwood is the curator at Taft Hill Farm, not the owner of the emu.
- Yellowstone all in on clean energy project Updated: Sep-19-15 11:43 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - A historic Yellowstone National Park property that a century ago was at the leading edge of wildlife conservation is now being used as a model for harnessing renewable energy on-site.
- Businesses, organizations committing to electric vehicles Updated: Sep-16-15 12:05 pm
SHELBURNE, Vermont - A group of Vermont businesses, hospitals and schools are committing to advance their efforts to use electric vehicles in the state.
- 31 Detroit ambulances going green with new technology Updated: Sep-15-15 3:30 pm
DETROIT - Some Detroit ambulances are being retrofitted with new green technology that is expected to save the city cash on fuel use and reduce exhaust emissions.
- Toyota launches hydrogen-fueled sedan Updated: Sep-15-15 7:59 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Toyota is taking the next step in its quest for carbon-free travel with the launch of the Mirai hydrogen-fueled sedan.
- LA police, city vehicles go green with 160 new electric cars Updated: Sep-12-15 2:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sounds of city vehicles on Los Angeles streets are about to get a bit quieter.
- Hopi hotel partners with Tesla for charging station Updated: Sep-12-15 6:15 am
MOENKOPI, Arizona - People who drive electric cars now have another place to charge their vehicles in the Four Corners area.
- Oregon firm first in US to be certified for new wood product Updated: Sep-11-15 9:45 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Southern Oregon company has become the first in the United States to be certified to produce cross-laminated timber, a product that could provide an economic shot in the arm for rural communities.
- Lake County making electric car chargers available to public Updated: Sep-11-15 4:31 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - Drivers will be able to charge their electric cars for free as part of a pilot program in one suburban Chicago county.
- Fun not fuel-saving focus in Las Vegas debut of Toyota Prius Updated: Sep-09-15 10:22 am
LAS VEGAS - Where does a practical car like the Toyota Prius go to reinvent itself? The same place many people go to let loose and have fun: Las Vegas.
- Indianapolis car sharing service launches amid questions Updated: Sep-08-15 8:45 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An electric car sharing program that's launched in Indianapolis faces lingering questions about its city subsidies and complaints about the charging stations tying up parking spaces.