- Food industry looks to Congress as GMO labeling law nears Updated: Feb-04-16 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The food industry is pressuring Congress to act before the state of Vermont requires food labels for genetically modified ingredients.
- Latin America scrambles to squash Zika-spreading mosquito Updated: Feb-04-16 12:42 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - With no hope for a vaccine to prevent Zika in the near future, authorities are focusing on the most effective way to combat the virus: killing the mosquito that carries it.
- Johnson & Johnson, ViaCyte testing possible diabetes cure Updated: Feb-04-16 12:05 am
Johnson & Johnson, continuing its long quest for a Type 1 diabetes cure, is joining forces with biotech company ViaCyte to speed development of the first stem cell treatment that could cure the life-threatening hormonal disorder.
- Britain approves controversial gene-editing experiments Updated: Feb-01-16 3:42 pm
LONDON - In a landmark decision that some ethicists warned is a step down the path toward "designer babies," Britain gave scientists approval Monday to conduct gene-editing experiments on human embryos.
- Maine lawmakers to debate changing GMO label laws Updated: Jan-21-16 4:37 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine leaders will debate the possibility of changing the state's law regarding food grown with the use of genetically modified organisms.