- Using new gene drive to create malaria-resistant mosquitoes Updated: Nov-23-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - California researchers hatched some malaria-resistant mosquitoes and then gave evolution a shove - using a groundbreaking technology to ensure the insects pass on that protective gene as they reproduce, with implications far beyond the promise of fighting malaria.
- UF researchers find hope in battle against citrus greening Updated: Nov-23-15 12:34 pm
LAKE ALFRED, Florida - Researchers at the University of Florida say they have good news in the war against citrus greening: genetically modified citrus trees that show enhanced resistance to the disease.
- What's for dinner? Genetically engineered salmon OK'd by FDA Updated: Nov-19-15 10:48 pm
WASHINGTON - What's for dinner? Before long, it may well be genetically modified salmon, the first such altered animal cleared for human consumption in the United States.
- Delegation critical of FDA on genetically modified salmon Updated: Nov-19-15 2:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she's "livid" at the federal Food and Drug Administration's approval of genetically modified salmon for human consumption.
- EU lawmakers block opt-out from GMO rules Updated: Oct-28-15 11:36 am
BRUSSELS - European Union lawmakers have rejected a draft law that would have allowed countries to ban certain genetically modified food and animal feed even if the produce was authorized by EU authorities.