- Hawaii is genetically engineered crop flash point Updated: Apr-19-14 9:58 am
- Nonprofit groups allowed to join Kauai law defense Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- W.Va. grower promotes unmodified feed corn Updated: Apr-12-14 9:19 am
- Kitzhaber doesn't expect consensus from GMO panel Updated: Apr-10-14 8:34 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers gut and replace contents of bills Updated: Apr-10-14 2:25 am
- Oregon task force on GMO agriculture to meet Updated: Apr-09-14 5:31 pm
- Maui group gathers signatures for GMO initiative Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 pm
- Agribusinesses give $380,000 to beat anti-GMO vote Updated: Apr-03-14 7:38 pm
- Engineered salmon may be a tough sell Updated: Apr-03-14 8:41 am
- Bugs resistant to genetically modified corn found Updated: Mar-23-14 8:10 pm
- Hawaii House revives and kills GMO food-label bill Updated: Mar-20-14 7:05 pm
WAIALUA, Hawaii - You can trace the genetic makeup of most corn grown in the U.S., and in many other places around the world, to Hawaii.
HONOLULU - A federal judge has decided to allow four nonprofit organizations to join Kauai County in defending a new law regulating pesticides and genetically modified crops in court.
KEARNEYSVILLE, West Virginia - Lyle Tabb is hoping that his non-genetically modified corn will take off with farmers who can charge top dollar for "all natural" eggs.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber told members of his newly created task force on genetically engineered agriculture that he does not expect them to reach a consensus or produce any specific proposals for next year's legislative session.
HONOLULU - A series of bills that lawmakers passed in the Hawaii Senate were drafted without giving the public the proper chance to weigh in, following a "gut-and-replace" maneuver scorned by government watchdog groups.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon's task force on genetically engineered agriculture has been formed and will meet for the first time this week.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui group says it has submitted more than 9,500 signatures in support of a temporary ban on growing or testing genetically modified organisms in Maui County.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Six major producers of herbicides and genetically modified crops are shoveling $380,000 into the campaign to defeat measures to prohibit genetically modified crops in southwestern Oregon.
WASHINGTON - Don't expect to find genetically modified salmon - or any other engineered fish or meat - on store shelves anytime soon.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Researchers say bugs are developing resistance to the widely popular genetically engineered corn plants that make their own insecticide, so farmers may have to make changes.
HONOLULU - An effort to require labels on genetically modified foods in Hawaii was brought back to life in the state Legislature, but it died in committee on Thursday almost as quickly as it was revived.