- Google, Apple settle high-tech workers' lawsuit Updated: Apr-24-14 9:13 pm
- Ariz. county restricts cellphone use while driving Updated: Apr-24-14 1:49 pm
- Walker signs bill prohibiting cellphone tracking Updated: Apr-23-14 4:04 pm
- Minn. Senate backs new cell phone tracking rules Updated: Apr-23-14 10:10 am
- Expanded don't-call list, fuel protections advance Updated: Apr-22-14 6:38 pm
- Rapid City Council OKs texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-22-14 10:01 am
- 550 cited for texting and driving during crackdown Updated: Apr-22-14 7:20 am
- 'Wicked' composer, others fight sheet music piracy Updated: Apr-22-14 1:01 am
- Texting-and-driving ban may still fail after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 4:49 pm
- SC towns and counties spur state to ban texting Updated: Apr-19-14 12:13 pm
- Bismarck police tougher on texting and driving Updated: Apr-18-14 6:41 pm
- Chafee signs digital proof of insurance bill Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 pm
- Senate approves hand-held cellphone ban in NH Updated: Apr-17-14 2:17 pm
- State Senate leader seeks review of GPS tracking Updated: Apr-16-14 8:34 pm
- MS Ethics board: Text messages are public records Updated: Apr-14-14 9:31 pm
- Authors Guild asks US court to rule against Google Updated: Apr-11-14 6:16 pm
- Senate, House pass versions of texting ban Updated: Apr-09-14 11:07 pm
- Change in Illinois' GPS monitoring law advances Updated: Apr-09-14 1:43 pm
- Ark. police join effort to end texting and driving Updated: Apr-07-14 2:35 pm
- Beaufort County text ban usually brings warnings Updated: Apr-07-14 8:29 am
- Police to increase enforcement of anti-texting law Updated: Apr-06-14 3:16 pm
- Bill restricting cellphones in cars comes back Updated: Apr-04-14 3:28 pm
- Miss. House rejects texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-03-14 3:24 pm
- Miss. lawmakers finish budget, end 2014 session Updated: Apr-02-14 11:34 pm
- Samsung: Patents developed by Google engineers Updated: Apr-01-14 8:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google, Apple, Intel and Adobe Systems have settled a class-action lawsuit alleging they conspired to prevent their engineers and other highly sought technology workers from getting better job offers from one another.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Coconino County has approved a new ordinance that generally bans texting and making calls with cellphones and other electronic devices while driving, though the ban has several exceptions.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin police could not track cellphone locations without a warrant under a bill Gov. Scott Walker has signed into law.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - New restrictions on police use of cell phone tracking technology have won backing from the Minnesota Senate.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An expanded "do-not-call" registry that includes text messaging and new protections for heating oil customers were among several consumer protection bills that cleared the Connecticut Senate on Tuesday and will head to the House for final action.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The Rapid City Council has approved a ban on texting while driving that is stricter than state law.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says law enforcement officers across Minnesota cited 550 people for texting while driving during a recent 10-day crackdown on distracted driving.
NEW YORK - By now, some young musical theater fans have received an email from Stephen Schwartz asking them to stop illegally downloading sheet music from any of his shows. Or anyone's show, for that matter.
AUSTIN, Texas - Repeated efforts to implement a statewide ban on texting while driving in Texas may continue to fail even after Gov. Rick Perry leaves office next year.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - After years of facing fierce opposition, the idea of South Carolina passing a statewide texting-while-driving ban is becoming a real possibility. Earlier this month the state Senate and House passed separate bills aimed at putting to an end to the confusing hodgepodge of local bans. However many believe it will fall short of its intention to deter distracted driving.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Bismarck Police issued 31 citations during a texting and driving crackdown last week.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Lincoln Chafee has signed into law legislation allowing motorists in Rhode Island to use their smartphones to offer police proof they have auto insurance.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held cellphone use would be banned while driving in New Hampshire in mid-2015 under a bill passed Thursday by the Senate.
SACRAMENTO, California - The leader of the state Senate is seeking an independent review of how parole officers tracked a sex offender charged with four Southern California slayings, a spokesman said Wednesday.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Public officials' text messages about government business are public records, the Mississippi Ethics Commission says.
NEW YORK - Saying Google Inc. is stealing business from online book retailers, the Authors Guild asked a federal appeals court Friday to reinstate its lawsuit contending that the Internet giant is violating copyright laws with its massive book digitization project.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is closer to having its first statewide ban on texting while driving, a measure that would eliminate the confusion and conflicts resulting from municipalities and counties having their own separate ordinances.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bill that would let law enforcement officials use GPS tracking on people with a restraining order is advancing in the Illinois Legislature.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Law enforcement agencies across Arkansas are joining a national effort to stop texting while driving, Arkansas State Police said Monday.
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - It's again the law to text and drive now in almost all of Beaufort County.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Seven police departments in North Dakota plan to increase their enforcement of a 2011 law aimed at curbing accidents caused by individuals who were texting while driving.
DENVER - For a while, it seemed Colorado lawmakers had hung up on a proposal to restrict cellphone use in cars this year, but it turns out the bill was just on hold.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state House says it's OK, so Mississippi drivers can text away.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers ended their 2014 session Wednesday night after passing the final parts of a state budget for the year that begins July 1.
SAN JOSE, California - Samsung fired back at Apple's accusations of patent theft Tuesday, saying the South Korean tech giant didn't write any of the Android software on its smartphones and tablets, Google did.