- UFC champ Holly Holm too busy to see New Mexico Legislature Updated: Feb-09-16 5:06 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - UFC bantamweight champion Holly Holm just can't find time to visit the New Mexico Legislature for a possible memorial in her honor.
- Thompson knocks out Hendricks in first round at Fight Night Updated: Feb-07-16 2:07 am
LAS VEGAS - Stephen Thompson used a devastating left to complete an impressive first-round knockout against former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks and catapult himself into title contention in the main event of UFC's Fight Night on Saturday night.
- Tattoos, martial arts and poker? Casinos wooing millennials Updated: Feb-05-16 12:50 am
BOSTON - Casinos worried that millennials aren't getting into traditional gambling like their parents and grandparents are bringing in tattoo studios, mixed martial arts competitions and other offbeat attractions to attract a younger clientele.
- UFC: Means out of Pittsburgh show due to potential doping Updated: Feb-03-16 8:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tim Means will be unable to fight in the main event of the UFC show in Pittsburgh on Feb. 21 due to a potential doping violation.
- Holly Holm's trainer has one of his champ belts stolen Updated: Feb-03-16 6:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Nationally known MMA trainer and former world champion kickboxer Mike Winkeljohn says he wishes he could have confronted the burglars who broke into his shed and took one of his championship belts.
- NY Senate votes for 7th time to legalize mixed martial arts Updated: Feb-02-16 3:10 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's Senate has voted again to legalize and regulate professional mixed martial arts.
- 4 to be inducted into Southern Nevada Sports Hall of Fame Updated: Jan-28-16 11:51 am
LAS VEGAS - A mixed martial artist, a former major league baseball player, a champion UNLV golf team and a former state athletic commissioner-turned-political kingmaker will be inducted this year into the Southern Nevada Sports Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.
- UFC 196 not pay-per-view after heavyweight fight scrapped Updated: Jan-27-16 10:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - UFC 196 will no longer be a pay-per-view show after heavyweight challenger Cain Velasquez and champion Fabricio Werdum dropped out of the main event with injuries.
- Ex-champ, lawmakers push for legal mixed martial arts in NY Updated: Jan-26-16 2:15 pm
ALBANY, New York - Former mixed martial arts champion Chris Weidman wants his title back and wants to fight in New York, where the sport is banned.
- Champ Werdum says he's pulling out of UFC 196 title fight Updated: Jan-25-16 7:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - Heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum says he is pulling out of his title fight at UFC 196 on Feb. 6.
- Velasquez out of UFC heavyweight title fight; Miocic in Updated: Jan-24-16 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Cain Velasquez has been forced out of his UFC 196 heavyweight title fight with champion Fabricio Werdum due to a back injury.
- Cruz regains UFC bantamweight title, outpointing Dillashaw Updated: Jan-18-16 1:06 am
BOSTON - Dominick Cruz regained the UFC bantamweight title Sunday night, outpointing T.J. Dillashaw by split decision at the TD Garden.
- Former WWE star CM Punk hopeful for UFC debut in July Updated: Jan-15-16 4:32 pm
CM Punk has sparred, trained, even sprayed down workout mats at his training academy.
- Alvarez hopes win against Pettis launches him to title shot Updated: Jan-14-16 6:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Eddie Alvarez got a kick out of seeing the landmarks in his Kensington neighborhood on the big screen in "Creed."
- Cuomo: Spend $700M from settlements on Thruway projects Updated: Jan-13-16 3:23 pm
ALBANY, New York - The latest on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's State of the State address and budget presentation (all times are local):
- McGregor moves up to face Dos Anjos, Holm vs Tate at UFC 197 Updated: Jan-12-16 4:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor will move up to fight lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos at UFC 197 on March 5.