- Young divers, wounded vets join to restore coral in the Keys Updated: Aug-01-15 1:14 am
BIG PINE KEY, Florida - With military precision, divers Bobby Dove and Billy Costello zip-tied a staghorn coral fragment to a 3-inch nail driven into Heroes Reef a couple of weeks ago in 25 feet of water south of Big Pine Key.
- Playing the Lower Keys: Concert piped underwater in Florida Updated: Jul-11-15 5:02 pm
BIG PINE KEY, Florida - Hundreds of music-loving snorkelers and divers, joined by distance swimmer Diana Nyad, ducked beneath the waves Saturday as a radio station broadcast a concert underwater at the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.
- Hundreds gather for underwater radio broadcast in Florida Updated: Jul-11-15 3:17 pm
BIG PINE KEY, Florida - Hundreds of divers and snorkelers submerged Saturday to listen to a local radio station's four-hour concert piped beneath the sea in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.
- Piece by piece, life returns to Ocean City sea floor Updated: Jul-11-15 9:04 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - A few miles off the coast of Ocean City, a wave picked up the 56-foot Morning Star headboat and took no care in its descent.
- US scientists: Warm oceans cause concern of coral bleaching Updated: Jul-06-15 9:26 pm
HONOLULU - Abnormally warm ocean temperatures are creating conditions that threaten to kill coral across the equatorial Pacific, north Pacific and western Atlantic oceans, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Monday.