- Nonprofit: $50K goal met in initial funding for footbridge Updated: May-21-15 3:41 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Organizers of an effort to build a bridge designed to look like one that once spanned the Mississippi River say they have succeed in obtaining initial funding.
- Nonprofit group raising funds for pavilion at Harmonie SP Updated: May-13-15 7:11 pm
NEW HARMONY, Indiana - A private nonprofit has raised almost half of the projected cost of an outdoor education pavilion at Harmonie State Park to replace a nature center that now can barely hold a dozen visitors at a time.
- Nonprofits receive leftover dollars from inaugural balls Updated: May-12-15 7:04 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - About 30 nonprofits are receiving a share of the leftover funds from this year's inaugural balls.
- Massachusetts town gets $25K from Tiger Woods Foundation Updated: May-12-15 4:47 am
MANSFIELD, Massachusetts - Officials say a Massachusetts town has accepted a donation to boost nonprofits from the Tiger Woods Foundation.
- Oklahoma businesses, nonprofits seek halt to tax cut Updated: May-05-15 12:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - With the state facing a $611 million budget hole, more than 90 Oklahoma businesses, foundations and nonprofit agencies are asking the governor and Republican legislative leaders to halt a scheduled income tax cut.
- Key senator wants answers from mental health care officials Updated: Apr-27-15 6:50 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A key Democratic state senator is asking Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's administration for answers as a mental health provider prepares to pull out of southern New Mexico.