- Davenport reaches deal for $110M land-based casino Updated: Nov-27-13 12:16 pm
- Chicago nonprofit gets funds to train farmers Updated: Nov-23-13 5:05 am
- Iowa gaming regulators deny casino nonprofit plan Updated: Nov-21-13 12:23 pm
- LA utility cuts funding to 2 nonprofits Updated: Nov-20-13 12:52 pm
- McMinnville's Evergreen museum: We'll stay open Updated: Nov-12-13 6:43 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - After months of negotiations, the Davenport City Council has approved plans to develop a $110 million casino and hotel project near Interstate 80 under a deal that would close the downtown casino on the Mississippi River.
CHICAGO - A Chicago nonprofit group is getting a $300,000 grant to equip and train up to 50 local urban farmers.
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Iowa gaming regulators have denied a request from the owner of the Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino to redirect a portion of its revenues to a new nonprofit group.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power has cut off funding to two affiliated nonprofit institutes after questions surfaced about how they spent more than $40 million in ratepayers' money.
MCMINNVILLE, Oregon - The nonprofit Evergreen aviation museum across the highway from the Evergreen International Airlines headquarters in McMinnville will remain open despite plans for the company to shut down, museum officials say.