- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup Updated: Mar-08-14 2:32 am
- Minor earthquake shakes western Los Angeles area Updated: Mar-07-14 11:34 pm
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out Updated: Mar-07-14 4:46 pm
- Snowpack still far below normal in Southern Oregon Updated: Mar-07-14 4:40 pm
- More Mukilteo mudslides hit railroad tracks Updated: Mar-07-14 1:57 pm
- US says New Jersey acted properly in Sandy cleanup Updated: Mar-07-14 9:17 am
- Search ends for snowmobiler missing in avalanche Updated: Mar-07-14 7:31 am
- St. Paul reaches settlement in fatal landslide Updated: Mar-06-14 5:24 pm
- Obama signs renewal of drought info system Updated: Mar-06-14 5:01 pm
- Here comes El Nino; good news for US weather woes Updated: Mar-06-14 3:05 pm
- Idaho highway closed by avalanche threat reopens Updated: Mar-06-14 2:16 pm
- Oklahoma kids get helmets for tornado protection Updated: Mar-06-14 2:11 pm
- Avalanche again blocks BNSF tracks near Essex Updated: Mar-06-14 12:53 pm
- NJ plans traffic changes to avoid Rt 35 gridlock Updated: Mar-06-14 11:47 am
- Mukilteo mudslide hits railroad tracks Updated: Mar-06-14 11:31 am
- Firefighters credit public help after avalanche Updated: Mar-06-14 10:56 am
- NJ boosts Sandy grants to some towns, cuts others Updated: Mar-06-14 8:52 am
- Snowstorm dampens Shenandoah National Park fire Updated: Mar-06-14 6:43 am
- After FEMA denial, Ill. turns to state tornado aid Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Ranchers, tribes reach deal on Klamath water Updated: Mar-05-14 7:01 pm
- Sweeney, advocates submit Sandy aid plans Updated: Mar-05-14 4:55 pm
- Missouri settles with Joplin tornado fundraiser Updated: Mar-05-14 4:00 pm
- Indiana residents receive old tornado alerts Updated: Mar-05-14 4:00 pm
- NJ closes on first 8 home buyouts in South River Updated: Mar-05-14 3:05 pm
- Gifford faces tough decisions after FEMA denial Updated: Mar-05-14 12:09 pm
TOKYO - There is something surprising in the radioactive wreck that is the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: opportunity. To clean it up, Japan will have to develop technology and expertise that any nation with a nuclear reactor will one day need.
LOS ANGELES - A minor earthquake has shaken western areas of Los Angeles.
NEW YORK - An 8-year-old western Montana boy who spent about an hour buried in the snow after a deadly avalanche roared into his backyard says he tried to "lick and bite" his way out before becoming tired and falling asleep.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - One pineapple express after another bringing warm rain across Oregon has helped boost reservoirs west of the Cascades and snowpacks in the northern mountains.
MUKILTEO, Washington - Two more mudslides hit Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad tracks near Mukilteo Thursday night, following one Thursday morning.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A federal audit finds New Jersey did nothing wrong when it used a no-bid contract to hire a firm to clean up debris left behind by Superstorm Sandy in 2012.
CORTEZ, Colorado - Authorities have called off the search for now for a snowmobiler caught in an avalanche in the La Plata Mountains because it isn't safe.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The city of St. Paul has agreed to pay $1 million to the families of two children who were killed and one who was injured in a landslide during a school field trip last May.
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama has signed into law a reauthorization of the National Integrated Drought Information System.
WASHINGTON - Relief may be on the way for a weather-weary United States with the predicted warming of the central Pacific Ocean brewing this year that will likely change weather worldwide. But it won't be for the better everywhere.
BOISE, Idaho - A 61-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 12 in northern Idaho near the Montana border has reopened after being closed due to avalanche danger.
MOORE, Oklahoma - As many as 34,000 students and workers in the Moore school district soon will have access to helmets to protect them during severe weather.
KALISPELL, Montana - For the second time in a week, BNSF Railway's main line across northwestern Montana is closed after several avalanches came down on the tracks between Essex and Marias Pass.
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, New Jersey - The northern Ocean County beach towns along Route 35 are no stranger to traffic jams along the narrow, heavily traveled highway. But two weeks ago, a perfect storm of unseasonably mild weather, a charity swimming event in Seaside Heights and the torturous process of fixing the damage from Superstorm Sandy created epic gridlock.
MUKILTEO, Washington - A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad tracks on Thursday morning near Mukilteo.
MISSOULA, Montana - In the midst of chaos, humanity reigned in the lower Rattlesnake Valley last Friday.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Some New Jersey towns are seeing their allocations change in a post-Superstorm Sandy energy program as they state re-evaluates the applications.
CRIMORA, Virginia - Firefighters battling a wildfire in Shenandoah National Park have gotten some help from Mother Nature.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After the denial of federal disaster assistance, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced the state will be making $45 million available to help local governments recover from November's deadly tornadoes.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A deal to share scarce water between ranchers and the Klamath Tribes has cleared another hurdle on its way toward becoming part of a bill in Congress to overcome a century of fighting over water in the Klamath Basin.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Senate President Stephen Sweeney has crafted his own plan for how the second round of Superstorm Sandy recovery funds is distributed.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A New Orleans-based fundraiser has agreed to pay Missouri for using Joplin tornado relief donations to pay for clothes, veterinary visits, food and her children's baby sitter.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The National Weather Service is investigating why some northwestern Indiana residents received alerts Tuesday about a tornado warning even though the day was sunny and cold with no severe weather in sight.
SOUTH RIVER, New Jersey - New Jersey officials have completed buyouts of eight homes damaged by Superstorm Sandy in South River as its program to buy and demolish storm-prone properties continues.
GIFFORD, Illinois - Officials in one small Illinois town hit by a tornado last November say the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of the state's appeal for federal disaster assistance will leave them to make tough financial decisions.