- Diego Costa left out of Spain squad for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 10:16 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday left Diego Costa out of the squad for the team's last two qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Germany calls up Leverkusen keeper for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 7:05 am
BERLIN - Germany coach Joachim Loew has given Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno his first call-up for the side's final two European Championship qualifying games.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Ben Arfa back under the spotlight in French league Updated: Oct-01-15 6:27 am
PARIS - After months of questions regarding his future, the former golden child of French football is back.
- Cavani in fine form ahead of Champions League match Updated: Sep-29-15 6:54 am
LVIV, Ukraine - Last January, when reports linking Edinson Cavani to Arsenal emerged, the most commonly identified reason behind the Uruguay striker's unhappiness at Paris Saint-Germain was his fraught relationship with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- Austria missing 3 midfielders for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Sep-29-15 6:37 am
VIENNA - Already-qualified Austria will be without three regular starters in midfield for next month's European Championship qualifiers against Montenegro and Liechtenstein.
- Russia coach Slutsky brings back Capello's favorites Updated: Sep-25-15 8:43 am
MOSCOW - New Russia coach Leonid Slutsky has recalled some of his predecessor Fabio Capello's favorite players for the final two group stage matches of qualification for next year's European championships.
- UEFA punishes Hungary for fan racism in Euro 2016 qualifier Updated: Sep-18-15 3:29 pm
NYON, Switzerland - Hungary has been punished for racist behavior by fans and must play its next home European Championship qualifying match in an empty stadium.
- Croatia loses 1 point in qualifying for swastika incident Updated: Sep-18-15 12:26 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA on Friday rejected Croatia's appeal against the one-point deduction in its European Championship qualifying group after a swastika was painted on the field before a match against Italy.
- UEFA wants new president by Euros if Platini gets FIFA job Updated: Sep-17-15 1:57 pm
ST. JULIAN'S, Malta - UEFA wants a new president elected before the European Championship if Michel Platini replaces Sepp Blatter at FIFA.
- Romania to play 1 qualifier in empty stadium for fan racism Updated: Sep-17-15 11:09 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania has been punished for racist and violent behavior by fans with an order to play its final European Championship qualifying home match in an empty stadium.
- UEFA adds steroid monitoring to anti-doping program Updated: Sep-11-15 11:58 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has added monitoring of steroid use by players to its biological passport program this season.