- Column: Up next for Leicester: "Multiple traps," coach warns Updated: May-06-16 10:55 am
PARIS - Claudio Ranieri and his Leicester players should cherish the moment of lifting the Premier League trophy. Because the histories of other modest clubs that surpassed themselves suggest that the fortunes of the odds-beating Foxes could plunge sharply from here.
- England midfielder Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss Euro 2016 Updated: May-06-16 6:26 am
LONDON - England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to miss the European Championship after being ruled out for up to two months by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- Costs for fan zone security at Euro 2016 to be shared 3 ways Updated: Apr-27-16 5:50 pm
PARIS - Spending on security at fan zones during the European Championship in France will be shared between the host cities, the government and European soccer's ruling body, UEFA.
- Passing security test at Euro 2016 will help 2024 Paris bid Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
PARIS - Hosting a successful European Championship for soccer fans in June and July would provide further proof that France could stage a safe Olympic Games in Paris in 2024, French Olympic Committee president Denis Masseglia said Wednesday.
- Champ Sergey Kovalev agrees to fight Isaac Chilemba next Updated: Apr-23-16 7:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sergey Kovalev has found an opponent for a homecoming bout this summer to prepare him for his showdown with Andre Ward.
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho fails UEFA doping test Updated: Apr-23-16 11:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho failed a drugs test after last month's Europa League game against Manchester United and he has until Tuesday to explain it to UEFA.
- Albania to build a new 22,300-seat stadium Updated: Apr-21-16 11:30 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albania is expected to start work on a new 22,300-seat national stadium next month, a boost for the country's soccer team as it prepares to play in its first major championship.
- France reshuffles police forces to avoid rivalries in crisis Updated: Apr-19-16 12:09 pm
PARIS - France is reorganizing its police special forces, responding to allegations that rivalries between the three major branches of law enforcement hampered the response to the attacks in November.
- Italy midfielder Marchisio out of Euro 2016 with injury Updated: Apr-17-16 2:07 pm
TURIN, Italy - Italy midfielder Claudio Marchisio will miss the European Championship after injuring his knee while playing for Juventus on Sunday.
- German federation chooses new president in wake of scandal Updated: Apr-15-16 10:40 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Reinhard Grindel was elected president of the German football federation on Friday, tasked with restoring credibility in the wake of a scandal resulting from dubious payments before the 2006 World Cup.
- Karim Benzema ruled out of Euro 2016 because of ongoing case Updated: Apr-13-16 2:25 pm
Karim Benzema will not play for France at this year's European Championship after his national federation ruled against his return due to an ongoing legal case, clearly fearing that his inclusion would disrupt harmony within the host nation's squad.
- Italy reserve goalkeeper Mattia Perin out of Euro 2016 Updated: Apr-12-16 7:11 am
GENOA, Italy - Italy reserve goalkeeper Mattia Perin will miss the European Championship after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament while playing for Genoa.
- Henderson out for 6-8 weeks, could miss Euro 2016 Updated: Apr-08-16 1:01 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is set to miss the rest of the season and possibly the European Championship for England after hurting his knee in a Europa League match against Borussia Dortmund.
- Janne Andersson to take over Sweden after Euro 2016 Updated: Apr-06-16 2:58 pm
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's football association says Janne Andersson, the coach of Swedish league champion IFK Norrkoping, will take charge of the national team after the European Championship this summer.