- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut next year Updated: Dec-09-13 7:31 am
- Swimming pool is setting for musical work Updated: Dec-09-13 4:06 am
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas opens new theater Updated: Dec-09-13 3:41 am
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors Updated: Dec-08-13 11:02 pm
- Santino Fontana and Tony Shalhoub to share role Updated: Dec-08-13 2:46 pm
- Memphis orchestra reaching out to community Updated: Dec-08-13 2:02 pm
- 'La Cage aux Folles' director dies Updated: Dec-08-13 9:10 am
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviews Updated: Dec-07-13 5:16 pm
- Clearwater dad teaches Mexican dancing Updated: Dec-07-13 1:44 am
- 'Harry Potter' stars up for theater awards Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of Music' Updated: Dec-06-13 10:52 am
- Sondheim himself sings in HBO's 'Six by Sondheim' Updated: Dec-06-13 9:01 am
- Review: Burt Bacharach classics get tasty update Updated: Dec-05-13 11:13 pm
- Tony Stewart wins prestigious Myers Brothers award Updated: Dec-05-13 6:58 pm
- Yo, Adrian! Rocky devotees set to make tribute run Updated: Dec-05-13 2:49 pm
- Marin Mazzie joins 'Bullets Over Broadway' cast Updated: Dec-05-13 2:34 pm
- Ballet's 'Nutcracker' gets Civil War-era makeover Updated: Dec-05-13 1:10 pm
- Ravens Tucker shows range in kicking and singing Updated: Dec-04-13 4:15 pm
- Bolshoi dancer gets 6 years for attack on director Updated: Dec-03-13 2:13 pm
- The Rascals abandon 2nd Broadway concert series Updated: Dec-02-13 3:37 pm
- Broadway's 'Pippin' recoups $8.5M investment Updated: Dec-02-13 1:49 pm
- Pyrotechnic trouble blamed for theater sulfur odor Updated: Dec-01-13 1:13 pm
- Meth Awareness Week events scheduled for 4 islands Updated: Dec-01-13 11:04 am
- New director for Stamford Center for the Arts Updated: Nov-30-13 11:28 am
- 'If/Then' brings new life to DC's National Theatre Updated: Nov-29-13 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Former "Gossip Girl" star Leighton Meester will make her Broadway debut next year as a beautiful temptress in the revival of "Of Mice and Men."
CHICAGO - An indoor swimming pool will be the setting for three additional performances of Chicago Opera Theater's production of "Orpheus and Euridice."
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas appears to have a winner when it comes to hyper-specific themes. The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas has opened a concert venue intended to evoke a 1930s-era theater dropped into an Eastern European glass factory.
WASHINGTON - The "Piano Man" who became one of the world's best-selling artists of all time with such hits as "Just the Way You Are," ''Uptown Girl" and "Allentown" was awarded the nation's highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.
NEW YORK - Santino Fontana and Tony Shalhoub will be sharing a Broadway role this spring - both will play legendary writer and director Moss Hart.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Symphony Orchestra is going to jail - to perform, that is.
PARIS - Edouard Molinaro, nominated for an Oscar for directing "La Cage aux Folles," a French farce about a gay couple that struck a chord with a broad range of audiences, has died at 85.
MILAN - La Scala's gala season premiere Saturday opened with spontaneous applause for Nelson Mandela's memory and closed with mixed reviews for "La Traviata."
CLEARWATER, Florida - They stood in front of the full-length mirrors and waited for dancing instructions delivered in fast-paced Spanish.
NEW YORK - Whew, that was nerve-wracking, right? All those kids and staircases, pillow fights, candles and dancing. But somehow the cast and crew of NBC's three-hour live telecast of "The Sound of Music" pulled it off Thursday night with only a trodden-on dress, some inconsistent sound levels and a flubbed few words.
NEW YORK - At age 9, America Ferrera came across a videotape that changed her life.
NEW YORK - Hang on to your martini: Some of the most famously smooth, sophisticated songs created by American musical icon Burt Bacharach have been youthfully reinterpreted into something new and tasty.
LAS VEGAS - Tony Stewart thought he was making a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to play the role of supportive team owner.
PHILADELPHIA - Yo, Adrian, Rocky devotees are gonna run now, a grueling tribute to their mythical champ.
NEW YORK - Marin Mazzie will get to play an aging diva in the Broadway musical based on Woody Allen's crime caper "Bullets Over Broadway."
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - With new sets under way and antebellum-style costumes for the Christmas Eve party scene, a production of "The Nutcracker" is taking on a hometown feel - Huntsville in the 1850s.
MOSCOW - Bolshoi dancer Pavel Dmitrichenko was sentenced to six years in prison on Tuesday for his role in an acid attack on the ballet's artistic director, after a trial that at times made it seem as if the victim was the one in the dock.
NEW YORK - Two concert series in a year on Broadway is apparently too much for The Rascals: The '60s-era blue-eyed soul quartet has abandoned plans to play the Marquis Theatre this month.
NEW YORK - The current revival of "Pippin" has proved magical at the box office and now comes proof: The show has recouped its $8.5 million costs.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Malfunctioning pyrotechnics are being blamed for a sulfur smell that forced theatergoers out of a performance of "The Phantom of the Opera" at the Providence Performing Arts Center.
HONOLULU - Students and volunteers will be waving signs, performing poetry and giving presentations on four islands to spread the word about the dangers of meth.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - The Stamford Center for the Arts has a new artistic director.
WASHINGTON - A Washington theater with a long history of incubating Broadway-bound shows is getting a rebirth of its own while hosting a new world premiere from the creative team behind "Next to Normal" and the star power of "Rent."