- NBC's 'The Wiz Live!' to ease on down that tuneful road Updated: Nov-25-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - Soon, a determined girl named Dorothy will ease on down that road in NBC's "The Wiz Live!"
- Drama 'The Humans' by Stephen Karam will leap to Broadway Updated: Nov-24-15 3:49 pm
NEW YORK - A highly regarded play about a fractious family's Thanksgiving get-together has something to really be thankful for this holiday season - it's going to Broadway.
- 'Annie' on national tour is led by a keeper of the flame Updated: Nov-24-15 3:37 pm
NEW YORK - If you catch the latest national tour of "Annie," you're in for a treat - the original director and lyricist is running the show. That's like drinking real Coke after years of only having New Coke.
- 'Sylvia' joins 'Dames at Sea' on the Broadway scrap heap Updated: Nov-24-15 11:50 am
NEW YORK - Two Broadway shows will close just as your New Year's Eve hangover is subsiding.
- New Rocky story 'Creed' balances brutality and theatricality Updated: Nov-24-15 10:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Sylvester Stallone knows most of Rocky Balboa's famous fights would have been stopped by a real-life referee long before the battered and bloodied fictional heavyweight champion rallies his will to win.
- Townie dances with the flakes Updated: Nov-24-15 10:25 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - From childhood training on plastic snow in Indiana to flipping into the air as a collegiate ballet skier to demonstrating Pieps avalanche beacons abroad, skiing has been an important part of Carl Pelletier's life for almost four decades.
- Tony Awards telecast finds a home for 2016 further uptown Updated: Nov-24-15 10:15 am
NEW YORK - The next Tony Awards have found a home - a familiar one but one far from Broadway.
- Public hearing to be held on planned Robinson Grand project Updated: Nov-24-15 2:00 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A public hearing on the planned restoration of the Robinson Grand Theater is set.
- Review: Goofy 'Important Hats' capped by chiffon-thin plot Updated: Nov-23-15 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - A madcap power struggle between a pair of rival designers in New York's 1930s fashion industry is the crux of the latest fevered production from Nick Jones.
- 'Motown the Musical' to Broadway: 'I'll Be There' - again Updated: Nov-23-15 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - We've heard it through the grapevine - "Motown the Musical" is coming back to Broadway.
- Stage show 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' heading to NYC Updated: Nov-23-15 10:02 am
NEW YORK - Some beloved creatures by children's' book author Eric Carle - including a certain hungry caterpillar - are headed to a New York stage next year.
- CBS drama 'Code Black' welcomes cast from 'The Lion King' Updated: Nov-23-15 9:14 am
NEW YORK - The medical drama CBS' "Code Black" gets a dose of Broadway magic this week when cast members from "The Lion King" - and one memorable Mufasa - end up in the emergency room.
- Polish protest over 'pornographic' play leads to arrests Updated: Nov-22-15 12:15 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Authorities have arrested 12 people who tried to block the entrance to a theater performance in Poland they deemed pornographic.
- Former central Nebraska theater to reopen Updated: Nov-20-15 3:05 pm
ORD, Nebraska - A former central Nebraska theater is set to reopen as a space for community events.
- Tony-winning actor Nathan Lane marries longtime love Updated: Nov-20-15 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Tony Award-winner Nathan Lane has tied the knot with playwright and producer Devlin Elliott.
- Meet the 3 new Illusionists to appear on Broadway Updated: Nov-20-15 10:32 am
NEW YORK - The magic super group "The Illusionists" has reappeared on Broadway this fall and three new acts are among the seven performers. Here's a look at them:
- Long-lost Faulkner play published for the first time Updated: Nov-20-15 6:28 am
NEW YORK - "'Twixt Cup and Lip," written soon after World War I and being published for the first time, is a one-act comedy in which a modern, free-thinking woman finds herself courted by two men and changes her mind at the last moment.
- Skateboards are art at St. Clair County Community College Updated: Nov-20-15 4:11 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - The Fine Arts Theatre at St. Clair County Community College is playing host to a moving experience.
- 'Lion King' franchise roars again with TV movie, series Updated: Nov-19-15 2:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - When Ford Riley was tasked with adding a new TV project to Disney's treasured - and lucrative - "Lion King" screen and stage franchise, he knew he had to do right by it.
- Hold onto your helicopter: 'Miss Saigon' returns to Broadway Updated: Nov-19-15 1:38 pm
NEW YORK - That familiar sound of thwak, thwak, thwak is coming back to Broadway - the musical "Miss Saigon," complete with iconic helicopter, will land in New York again.
- Jussie Smollett talks 'Empire' ratings, Mariah Carey Updated: Nov-19-15 12:14 pm
NEW YORK - Cookie, the artist? Possibly.
- Dancer Misty Copeland writing health-and-fitness book Updated: Nov-19-15 11:17 am
NEW YORK - Dancer Misty Copeland is working on a health-and-fitness book.
- Wayne Brady - 'I look pretty damn good in those heels' Updated: Nov-19-15 9:24 am
NEW YORK - Ladies in heels, you've got an apology from Wayne Brady.
- Kelsey Grammer to return to 'Finding Neverland' in January Updated: Nov-19-15 8:02 am
NEW YORK - The original Captain Hook is coming back to "Finding Neverland" on Broadway.
- Review: Blithe approach to middle-aged gay angst in 'Steve' Updated: Nov-19-15 7:57 am
NEW YORK - If you want a lighthearted play about sex and death, with some talented singing thrown in, then The New Group's production of "Steve" will provide a pleasant diversion.