- Mamie Gummer 'recalibrates' her career, returns to stage Updated: Oct-13-15 10:42 am
NEW YORK - It takes about an hour to thoroughly disfigure Mamie Gummer.
- Gloria and Emilio Estefan celebrate immigrants in musical Updated: Oct-12-15 9:24 am
NEW YORK - With some U.S. presidential candidates on the campaign trail demonizing immigrants, a powerhouse husband-and-wife team, who both happen to be immigrants themselves, hope they can offer some balance - and some pop songs.
- Jazz producer Larry Rosen, co-founder of GRP label, dies Updated: Oct-09-15 10:40 pm
NEW YORK - Larry Rosen, one of the most influential and tech-savvy modern jazz producers who co-founded GRP Records with pianist Dave Grusin, died Friday, his publicist said. He was 75.
- Prince serenades Madonna at Paisley Park party Updated: Oct-09-15 4:16 pm
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Some lucky music fans got to see two icons in the same room early Friday, as Prince performed for Madonna at Paisley Park.
- New York theater named after stage and TV actor John Cullum Updated: Oct-09-15 3:35 pm
NEW YORK - Two-time Tony Award-winner John Cullum has gotten the ultimate stage honor - a theater named after him.
- Marlo Thomas on her dad and why everyone needs to be free Updated: Oct-09-15 9:16 am
NEW YORK - In a little off-Broadway theater - actually in a theater above that little theater - you can catch a woman who has four Emmys, a Golden Globe, a Grammy, a Peabody and a Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Rylance, Shakespearean maverick, catches Spielberg's eye Updated: Oct-08-15 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Rylance is strolling around a conference table, doing his best impression of a Robert Mitchum walk.
- Andrew Rannells to temporarily star in Broadway's 'Hamilton' Updated: Oct-08-15 2:15 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew Rannells has a new gig - and it's a royal one.
- Inside the 'Hamilton' cast album that is 'breaking ground' Updated: Oct-08-15 9:25 am
NEW YORK - Most Broadway cast albums are not the kind of things you typically blast in your car with the windows rolled down. But most shows aren't like "Hamilton."
- Injury forces Keira Knightley to miss Broadway show Updated: Oct-07-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - These are trying times at the Broadway show "Therese Raquin" - first a show was interrupted by a man in the audience who threw flowers and now star Keira Knightley has had to withdraw from Wednesday's performance.
- Dancing star Rumer Willis talks 'Chicago,' dad on Broadway Updated: Oct-07-15 12:23 pm
NEW YORK - You don't have to tell Rumer Willis to "break a leg" before she goes on a Broadway stage every night. She already did that.
- James Earl Jones, Cicely Tyson beg you not to clap for them Updated: Oct-07-15 9:35 am
NEW YORK - James Earl Jones and Cicely Tyson are happy that theatergoers are excited to see them onstage together again, but please, please, hold your applause when they first appear.
- Review: Chilly, enigmatic 'Old Times' returns to Broadway Updated: Oct-06-15 10:01 pm
NEW YORK - That Thom Yorke is the first from the creative team to greet you at the new revival of "Old Time" is the first indication you're in for an unsettling show.
- Arpad Goncz, Hungary's 1st post-communist president, dies Updated: Oct-06-15 1:01 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Arpad Goncz, a much-loved Hungarian writer and translator who survived a communist-era life sentence for taking part in the 1956 anti-Soviet revolt and later become Hungary's first democratically chosen president, died Tuesday at age 93.
- Bob Saget to appear in Broadway play 'Hand to God' Updated: Oct-06-15 12:29 pm
NEW YORK - Edgy and irreverent comedian Bob Saget is returning to Broadway - as a pastor.
- At age 12, a second Broadway role awaits in 'Fun Home' Updated: Oct-06-15 10:55 am
NEW YORK - Taking over a big Broadway role? No problem. Replacing a Tony Award nominee? Sure. Doing both while not yet a teenager? No sweat - if you're Gabriella Pizzolo.
- Kate Shindle, the young head of Actors' Equity, reaches out Updated: Oct-06-15 10:20 am
NEW YORK - One of the most powerful people on Broadway has a corner office with a stunning view of Times Square. But there's a catch: The salary is lousy.
- Steven Van Zandt, Paul Shaffer sign on to Bert Berns show Updated: Oct-05-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - A musical celebrating the little-know songwriter Bert Berns has gotten some help from some serious musicians - Steven Van Zandt and Paul Shaffer.
- Theater gossip Michael Riedel writes a history of Broadway Updated: Oct-05-15 10:33 am
NEW YORK - When you read New York Post theater columnist Michael Riedel, there's no mistaking whom the writer is. He's snarky and skewering and gleeful. That makes his latest project all the more interesting.
- Sandy Valley schools need renovations Updated: Oct-03-15 9:29 am
SANDY VALLEY, Nevada - Shana Hairston can still remember sitting in class in the old building on the Sandy Valley School campus.
- Playwrights' Center hosts new plays festival in Minneapolis Updated: Oct-03-15 5:06 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Playwrights' Center in Minneapolis will feature new plays at the 32nd annual PlayLabs festival this month.
- NYC celebrates 150th anniversary of 'Alice in Wonderland' Updated: Oct-03-15 1:15 am
NEW YORK - New York City is marking the 150th anniversary of "Alice in Wonderland" with an array of events celebrating the adventures and characters in the beloved children's tale.
- Levine withdraws from new Met Opera staging of Berg's 'Lulu' Updated: Oct-02-15 9:21 pm
NEW YORK - Metropolitan Opera music director James Levine is withdrawing from the company's new production of Berg's "Lulu" to concentrate on a revival of Wagner's "Tannhaeuser."
- Irish playwright Brian Friel, famed for 'Lughnasa,' dies Updated: Oct-02-15 3:33 pm
DUBLIN - Brian Friel distrusted the reliability of mere facts. Ireland's greatest playwright of his generation, who died Friday at the age of 86, spent much of his life trying to convey the deeper truths of our existence - of a world filled with compelling fictions constructed by people, families and whole nations.
- Arizona's pregame haka coming to an end Updated: Oct-02-15 2:39 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona's football players will no longer perform a pregame haka dance after a New Zealand expatriate in California started a petition to stop it.