- Kokomo officials pass measure aimed at limiting police calls Updated: Apr-27-16 2:50 pm
KOKOMO, Indiana - In an effort to limit unnecessary calls to the Kokomo Police Department, local officials have decided to impose fines on property owners who frequently rely on officers to resolve small issues.
- Cuomo taps Bronx state senator for housing post Updated: Apr-22-16 10:31 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed state Sen. Ruth Hassell-Thompson as special adviser for policy and community affairs at the state agency responsible for building and preserving affordable housing and enforcing rent regulation laws.
- US home rents up in March, but signs suggest an easing trend Updated: Apr-22-16 9:05 am
WASHINGTON - Americans paid more to rent homes last month, but broader measures suggest that the surging increases of prior years have moderated in much of the country.
- Homeowners say woman occupying house moves out Updated: Apr-20-16 11:42 am
NAMPA, Idaho - Authorities say an Idaho woman living in a couple's vacant home without their permission has agreed to move out.
- EPA says it's settled case over Lincoln lead paint violation Updated: Apr-19-16 7:56 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Environmental Protection Agency says it's settled a civil enforcement action against a Lincoln landlord for what the agency says was a violation of rules regarding lead paint.
- Community development nonprofit fights Omaha gentrification Updated: Apr-16-16 10:51 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Headed to the nearby supermercado, Josh Strobel and his dog, Gucci, sauntered out of their revamped Park Avenue apartment building - the one that until its makeover a few years ago was shuttered and fraught with social ills.
- Lincoln police investigate shooting deaths of 2 people Updated: Apr-14-16 4:18 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln Police are investigating the shooting deaths of two people who were found inside an apartment complex for senior citizens.
- California transplant asks Oregonians to pay for his return Updated: Apr-13-16 11:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Daniel Bullington is challenging Oregonians who complain about Californian transplants to put their money where their mouths are.
- Study: Southern California rents to see steep rise by 2018 Updated: Apr-12-16 10:26 am
LOS ANGELES - A university study sees a steep rise in Southern California apartment rents as population and job growth outpaces construction.
- Agency says 50,000 NYC apartments returned to rent control Updated: Apr-10-16 9:31 am
ALBANY, New York - State authorities say they have returned 50,000 improperly deregulated apartments in New York City to rent regulation while restoring more than $2.25 million in overcharged rent to tenants in the last four years.
- Amid shuttered Blockbusters, Top Hat Video going strong Updated: Apr-08-16 2:05 am
BOUNTIFUL, Utah - In a world where most video rental stores are abandoned and look like sets from an episode of "The Walking Dead," one store in Utah is still going strong.
- Oakland OK's emergency moratorium on rent hikes Updated: Apr-06-16 9:48 am
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland City Council has unanimously passed a 90-day emergency moratorium on residential rent hikes.