- US general's accuser was ambitious soldier too Updated: Mar-09-14 10:54 pm
- Biden says Venezuela 'concocting' bogus stories Updated: Mar-09-14 9:56 pm
- Flamengo wins Guanabara Cup in Rio de Janeiro Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 pm
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls Updated: Mar-09-14 9:31 pm
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike Updated: Mar-09-14 9:25 pm
- Haiti's new cardinal celebrates first Mass Updated: Mar-09-14 8:31 pm
- Orthodox NYC Jews protest proposed Israeli draft Updated: Mar-09-14 8:19 pm
- Syrian rebels release nuns held since December Updated: Mar-09-14 8:13 pm
- Volunteers help fill potholes in Waterloo Updated: Mar-09-14 7:31 pm
- Topeka family finally makes it home from Ukraine Updated: Mar-09-14 7:19 pm
- Selma, Ala. honors anniversary of 'Bloody Sunday' Updated: Mar-09-14 7:16 pm
- St. George plans $240k homeless shelter expansion Updated: Mar-09-14 6:50 pm
- Legislative studies often precede tough action Updated: Mar-09-14 6:35 pm
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties Updated: Mar-09-14 6:20 pm
- Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw Updated: Mar-09-14 6:18 pm
- Rural schools ask Wis. lawmakers for more cash Updated: Mar-09-14 6:13 pm
- Analysis: Amendments seek to get around Jindal Updated: Mar-09-14 6:05 pm
- Fraternity to cut pledging after Salisbury hazing Updated: Mar-09-14 5:56 pm
- In China, brutality yields confessions of graft Updated: Mar-09-14 5:35 pm
- Utah bill would change details of abortion law Updated: Mar-09-14 5:02 pm
- Fair planned to help veterans with jobs, education Updated: Mar-09-14 4:46 pm
- Trial set Monday in Yakima alleged sex abuse case Updated: Mar-09-14 4:25 pm
- Land donated for medical school near Fort Smith Updated: Mar-09-14 4:07 pm
- Community pulls together to help new residents Updated: Mar-09-14 3:53 pm
- Pope departs on bus for weeklong retreat Updated: Mar-09-14 3:37 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The Army captain who has accused Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair of sexually assaulting her during their three-year relationship was an ambitious soldier with plans to make the military her career, much like the boss she loved and admired.
CARACAS, Venezuela - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden calls Venezuela's situation alarming in remarks published Sunday, suggesting its government is using "armed vigilantes" against peaceful protesters and accusing it of "concocting false and outlandish conspiracy theories" about the United States.
SAO PAULO - Flamengo defeated Botafogo 2-0 at the Maracana on Sunday to ensure it finishes top in the Guanabara Cup; the first stage of the Rio de Janeiro state championship.
ANAHEIM, California - Investigators combed through a collapsed theater stage at a Southern California high school Sunday, trying to determine why it buckled during a performance and sent 25 students to the hospital, some with broken bones but most with minor injuries like bruises and scrapes.
TACOMA. Wash. - The Northwest Detention Center locked down areas holding violent offenders as a precaution amid a continuing hunger strike Sunday by hundreds of detainees protesting their treatment and calling for an end to deportations.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti's new Roman Catholic cardinal celebrated his first Mass on Sunday, telling an audience of several thousand people there is a need to show compassion for others.
NEW YORK - Lower Manhattan turned into a human river of black-garbed people on Sunday as tens of thousands ultra-Orthodox Jews took to the streets, their anguished prayers booming through loudspeakers in protest of Israel's proposal to draft strictly religious citizens into its military.
MASNA, Lebanon - Rebels in Syria freed more than a dozen Greek Orthodox nuns on Monday, ending their four-month captivity in exchange for Syrian authorities releasing dozens of female prisoners.
WATERLOO, Iowa - The streets of Waterloo are a bit smoother now thanks to the efforts of volunteers who spent part of their weekend filling potholes.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas couple and their four newly adopted children have made it home after a month in Ukraine, where they were stranded amid violence and civil unrest.
SELMA, Alabama - Speakers at the commemoration Sunday of a key event in African Americans' fight for voting rights urged Congress to resurrect the requirement that many southern states get federal approval for changes in election laws.
ST. GEORGE, Utah - The St. George City Council has agreed to spend $450,000 worth of federal grants to help establish a new homeless shelter and provide other services for low-income residents.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers have only a few more days this week before they wrap up the 2014 legislative session. But that doesn't mean they're totally done for the year.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - The chaos at the University of Massachusetts over the weekend during a pre-St. Patrick's Day celebration brought new attention to an old problem affecting colleges across the country: How to deal with alcohol-fueled revelers during the March festivities.
PARIS - When you travel, airport security agents may pat you down, inspect your deodorant and scan your body from head to toe. But there's a good chance that no one's checking whether you're using someone's lost or stolen passport.
CUBA CITY, Wisconsin - If one employee leaves Cuba City High School for a higher-paying position elsewhere in Wisconsin, it can leave the school short of instructors in two or more subjects.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers frustrated with the policies of Gov. Bobby Jindal and his allies have turned to the Louisiana Constitution, finding it the only path to bypass the power of a governor and his veto pen.
SALISBURY, Maryland - A fraternity suspended for hazing at Salisbury University says it has eliminated the pledging process for members.
LILING, China - The local Chinese official remembers the panic he felt in Room 109. He had refused to confess to bribery he says he didn't commit, and his Communist Party interrogators were forcing his legs apart.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Senate approved a change in the state's abortion laws so that women whose lives are at risk can undergo the procedure without first having to watch a state-mandated video on alternatives and read information about adoption.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A resource fair will be held to help veterans with education, jobs, training, health care and other issues.
YAKIMA, Washington - A federal judge in Yakima is scheduled on Monday hear a case involving a man who sued the Catholic Diocese of Yakima over alleged clergy sexual abuse when he was a teenager.
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - The Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority has reclassified 200 acres of land donated to a planned medical school near Fort Smith.
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - To say that Michael Curry was stressed is an understatement.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has traveled to a retreat outside Rome aboard a bus with cardinals and bishops.