- City sues restaurant where lawyers were sickened in February Updated: May-21-15 5:46 am
PHILADELPHIA - City officials have filed a lawsuit against a Philadelphia restaurant where nearly 100 attorneys and law students were sickened in February.
- Police: 2 middle school students poisoned by other students Updated: May-20-15 5:05 am
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - Two 14-year-olds were taken to the hospital after accepting a drink police say was spiked with lab chemicals by other students.
- Nigeria: 28 kids killed by lead poisoning from gold mining Updated: May-15-15 11:57 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Twenty-eight children have died from lead poisoning from illegal gold mining in a remote west-central village, Nigerian health officials said, while doctors still are treating thousands from an earlier outbreak.
- A food poisoning report with good news: Fewer E. coli cases Updated: May-14-15 2:03 pm
NEW YORK - Fewer Americans are getting sick from a nasty germ sometimes found in undercooked hamburgers, the government reported Thursday.
- Oklahoma police officer pleads in dog poison case Updated: May-13-15 12:48 pm
ARDMORE, Oklahoma - A police sergeant accused of trying to poison dogs in his neighborhood has been assigned to do community service at the department he works for.
- 4 hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: May-11-15 12:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Four people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide scare at a downtown Providence apartment building.
- Suit: Care lacking for inmate who died of water poisoning Updated: May-07-15 6:10 am
IONIA, Michigan - A lawsuit filed against the Michigan Department of Corrections says staff did not do enough to help an inmate who died of water poisoning in April 2014.
- Missouri woman pleads guilty in relatives' poisoning deaths Updated: May-06-15 7:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri woman has admitted that she plotted with her mother to fatally poison her brother and father using antifreeze, and that she attempted to kill her sister the same way.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 11:01 pm
Two Delaware teenagers sickened by a banned pesticide that was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying are still in critical condition more than six weeks later, their family said Monday.
- State health officials confirm case of shellfish poisoning Updated: May-04-15 3:29 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Officials have confirmed a case of paralytic shellfish poisoning from a mixture of clams harvested from a beach north of Ketchikan.
- 2 Florida men sentenced for poisoning animals in Alabama Updated: Apr-30-15 8:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say two Florida men have been sentenced for poisoning animals in central Alabama.
- Jury awards $9.3 million in lead-paint poisoning case Updated: Apr-30-15 2:59 am
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore jury has awarded $9.3 million to a man who says he was poisoned by lead-based paint at his former rowhouse.
- Vets ID chemical used to poison animals near Meeteetse Updated: Apr-30-15 12:02 am
CODY, Wyoming - Veterinarians have confirmed that the chemical used to poison several animals in the Meeteetse area was an insecticide that is known to be highly toxic to animals.
- Ex-egg execs appeal jail sentences in salmonella outbreak Updated: Apr-28-15 12:38 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Two former egg industry executives are appealing the three-month jail sentences a judge has ordered for their roles in a 2010 food poisoning outbreak.