- Missouri woman pleads guilty in relatives' poisoning deaths Updated: May-06-15 12:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri woman has admitted that she plotted with her mother to fatally poison her brother and father using antifreeze, and that she attempted to kill her sister the same way.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 11:01 pm
Two Delaware teenagers sickened by a banned pesticide that was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying are still in critical condition more than six weeks later, their family said Monday.
- State health officials confirm case of shellfish poisoning Updated: May-04-15 3:29 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Officials have confirmed a case of paralytic shellfish poisoning from a mixture of clams harvested from a beach north of Ketchikan.
- 2 Florida men sentenced for poisoning animals in Alabama Updated: Apr-30-15 8:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say two Florida men have been sentenced for poisoning animals in central Alabama.
- Jury awards $9.3 million in lead-paint poisoning case Updated: Apr-30-15 2:59 am
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore jury has awarded $9.3 million to a man who says he was poisoned by lead-based paint at his former rowhouse.
- Vets ID chemical used to poison animals near Meeteetse Updated: Apr-30-15 12:02 am
CODY, Wyoming - Veterinarians have confirmed that the chemical used to poison several animals in the Meeteetse area was an insecticide that is known to be highly toxic to animals.
- Ex-egg execs appeal jail sentences in salmonella outbreak Updated: Apr-28-15 12:38 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Two former egg industry executives are appealing the three-month jail sentences a judge has ordered for their roles in a 2010 food poisoning outbreak.
- Family who died of carbon monoxide poisoning laid to rest Updated: Apr-18-15 8:26 pm
PRINCESS ANNE, Maryland - Eight white hearses carried a Maryland family to their funeral Saturday at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore, each hearse with a picture of a family member staring out from a window.
- Dad dead, 5 others sickened from carbon monoxide in Florida Updated: Apr-13-15 7:25 pm
WILTON MANORS, Florida - A Florida father has died and five others were sickened from carbon monoxide poisoning after the family car was left running in the garage.
- 354 Long Islanders died from alcohol poisoning in 5 years Updated: Apr-11-15 12:53 pm
NEW YORK - A new report finds that at least 354 people died from alcohol poisoning on Long Island in the past five years.
- 4 dead in home; carbon monoxide eyed, car running in garage Updated: Apr-11-15 2:43 am
NEW YORK - Four elderly people were found dead in a home Friday in an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning after a car was left running in an attached garage, police said.
- Suspect in Litvinenko's death: he could have poisoned self Updated: Apr-08-15 12:55 pm
MOSCOW - One of the main suspects in the poisoning of ex-Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko said Wednesday the former KGB officer may have accidentally killed himself with radioactive polonium.
- 8 deaths in home bring scrutiny of carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Apr-08-15 9:47 am
PRINCESS ANNE, Maryland - Utility regulators and police are trying to determine what could have been done to prevent the deaths of a man and his seven children who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator installed after their home's power had been disconnected.
- US probes pesticide poisoning that sickened family in USVI Updated: Apr-07-15 3:22 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. authorities have determined that the highly toxic pesticide methyl bromide caused a Delaware family to become seriously ill at a U.S. Virgin Islands resort, and that the chemical was used at the resort several times in the past year, officials said Tuesday.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in Alhambra death Updated: Apr-07-15 9:04 am
ALHAMBRA, California - Police say a 25-year-old woman found unresponsive on the floor of a Los Angeles County home may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Father, son, nephew die from fumes of gas generator in home Updated: Apr-07-15 8:01 am
WARTBURG, Tennessee - A father, his teenage son and his 8-year-old nephew have died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Morgan County home.