- Litvinenko judge slams 'charade' of suspect's testimony bid Updated: Jul-28-15 8:02 am
LONDON - The British judge investigating the radioactive poisoning death of former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko on Tuesday accused Russian authorities or a key suspect of interfering with his inquiry.
- Man pleads guilty after poisoned meat kills 3 bald eagles Updated: Jul-26-15 8:53 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York man has pleaded guilty in the deaths of three young bald eagles that ate poisoned meat he set out to kill coyotes.
- Life sentence urged in peanut salmonella case Updated: Jul-23-15 6:29 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Federal court officers have recommended a sentence of life in prison for a peanut company executive convicted of selling salmonella-tainted food, a move that attorneys on both sides called "unprecedented" for a food-poisoning case.
- 9 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Melrose Park Updated: Jul-22-15 2:44 pm
MELROSE PARK, Illinois - Police in the western Chicago suburb of Melrose Park say nine people were being treated at local hospitals after they were overcome by carbon monoxide.
- Sheriff: 4 marking milestones likely died of carbon monoxide Updated: Jul-18-15 3:49 pm
BYRON, Maine - Four young people celebrating a birthday and a graduation at a cabin in Maine likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning hours after their arrival earlier this week, a sheriff said Saturday.
- Lawsuit filed against restaurant where lawyers were sickened Updated: Jul-15-15 4:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A lawsuit has been filed against a Philadelphia restaurant where nearly 100 attorneys and law students were sickened in February.
- Washington officials warn about marijuana exposure to kids Updated: Jul-15-15 4:20 pm
SEATTLE - Public health officials in Washington say they're increasingly concerned about children accidentally ingesting marijuana.
- Coroner: No evidence B.B. King was poisoned before death Updated: Jul-13-15 8:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - Medical examiners found no evidence to prove the allegation that blues legend B.B. King was poisoned before he died of natural causes in May, according to autopsy findings made public Monday.
- Candy sickens 1,080 students in southern Philippines Updated: Jul-10-15 8:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - More than 1,000 students in a southern Philippine province fell ill Friday after eating fruit-flavored candy sold by vendors during their school recess, officials said.
- Death of loon at Lake Winnipesaukee linked to lead poisoning Updated: Jul-08-15 11:23 am
MOULTONBOROUGH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire authorities say a loon found dead at Lake Winnipesaukee has been linked to lead poisoning.
- Man died at sea of carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Jul-06-15 11:34 am
YORK, Maine - Maine authorities say a 59-year-old Vermont man died at sea of carbon monoxide poisoning last month about 13 miles off of York Harbor.
- Mom who poisons daughters sentenced to 6 years in prison Updated: Jul-03-15 1:06 pm
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - A Carbondale mom who tried to poison herself and her two daughters has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- 2 Condon-area dogs found dead, poisoned with strychnine Updated: Jul-02-15 9:45 am
CONDON, Montana - Authorities are looking for whoever is responsible for poisoning two Labrador retrievers near Condon.