- Conn. DMV opposes online license plate auction Updated: Mar-05-14 1:31 pm
- Online auction begins for 14,000 unclaimed pieces Updated: Mar-05-14 4:06 am
- Internet shopping slowly transforms funerals Updated: Mar-01-14 12:04 pm
- Macy's 4Q profit up 11 pct; sales miss forecasts Updated: Feb-25-14 12:13 pm
- Judge temporarily blocks Colorado e-tailing law Updated: Feb-20-14 10:37 am
- Japan net retailer Rakuten to buy Viber for $900M Updated: Feb-14-14 6:25 am
- Vt. updates form to remind taxpayers of use tax Updated: Feb-10-14 3:51 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Department of Motor Vehicles commissioner is urging state legislators to scrap a bill that would require the agency to set up a system for selling certain license plate registrations through an Internet auction.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois state treasurer's office will offer more than 14,000 pieces of unclaimed property for sale in an upcoming auction.
RACELAND, Louisiana - With its bold Corinthian columns and gold lettering, Falgout Funeral Home stands out on Raceland's main thoroughfare, looking timeless among clapboard-sided Cajun country homes. But times are changing for the 102-year-old business as the Internet opens up new avenues for sales.
NEW YORK - Macy's Inc.'s fourth-quarter profit rose 11 percent, but the department store chain suffered a sales shortfall because a string of winter storms chilled business in January.
DENVER - A Denver District Court judge has issued a preliminary injunction preventing Colorado from enforcing a law requiring retailers that don't charge customers Colorado's sales tax to report on purchases and sales to consumers and the revenue department.
TOKYO - Japan's Rakuten Inc. is buying Cyprus-based Viber Media, which operates a popular Internet phone application, for $900 million, fortifying the online retailer's social networking footprint.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermonters are getting an extra reminder on their tax forms to report out-of-state and online purchases this year.