- Egypt's president: Lack of 'justice' fueling extremism Updated: May-22-15 10:08 am
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Egypt's President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, who has led a massive ongoing crackdown on Islamists, said on Friday that the fight against extremism in the region must go hand-in-hand with pursuing greater "freedom, equality and justice."
- Britain's Cameron to take tougher stance on extremism Updated: May-13-15 2:25 pm
LONDON - Britain's prime minister has pledged to take a tougher stance on extremism, revealing controversial plans to confront what he called "poisonous Islamist extremist ideology."
- Bosnian police launch raids against Islamic extremism Updated: May-06-15 8:49 am
BANJA LUKA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnian Serb authorities say they detained several people linked to radical Islamic movements and suspected of recruiting potential fighters for the Islamic State group.
- Germany sees rise in anti-Semitic, anti-foreigner crime Updated: May-06-15 6:20 am
BERLIN - Germany's top security official says new statistics show a sharp rise in anti-Semitic offenses last year, as well as in crimes against foreigners.
- Some Muslim groups concerned about terror prevention program Updated: May-01-15 7:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - About 40 Muslim groups in Minnesota are voicing concern about a federal program designed to fight terror recruiting, according to a statement sent out Friday by the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
- Iranian opposition leader: Tehran is force behind extremism Updated: Apr-29-15 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - A top Iranian opposition leader told a House subcommittee Wednesday that Iranians have dubbed their government the "godfather" of the Islamic State militant group.