- UN envoy: Extremism threatens both Israelis, Palestinians Updated: Jul-23-15 4:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Mideast envoy has warned that "the rise of violent extremism and terrorism" in the Mideast poses as much a danger to Palestinian statehood aspirations as to Israel's security
- UK's Cameron offers plan to counter attraction of extremism Updated: Jul-19-15 7:05 pm
LONDON - Prime Minister David Cameron is launching a five-year plan to defeat Islamic extremism, saying it is time to counter the ideology that has attracted so many young people to the Islamic State group.
- Touched by tragedy: Survivors and kin recall London bombings Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 am
LONDON - To lose your sister. Your son. Your legs.
- Pakistani artists look to counter violent extremism Updated: Jul-01-15 2:37 am
LAHORE, Pakistan - At a militant training camp in Pakistan, a new recruit asks his instructor why his comrades are attacking churches and mosques rather than enemy bases. "This world is full of sin. It needs to be bathed in blood," the instructor replies, nurturing seeds of doubt that will eventually lead the young man to turn away from violence.
- Tunisia struggles to find balanced response to terror Updated: Jun-29-15 4:57 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - Tunisia has reason to fear a terror attack. The only democracy that emerged from the turmoil of the 2011 Arab Spring has seen more of its young men join the Islamic State group than any other nation, and many have returned, battle-hardened, to spread radical ideologies back home. It's also a country full of vulnerable targets, with an economy that depends on welcoming European tourists to its warm Mediterranean shore.