- Some Muslim groups concerned about terror prevention program Updated: May-01-15 7:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - About 40 Muslim groups in Minnesota are voicing concern about a federal program designed to fight terror recruiting, according to a statement sent out Friday by the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
- Iranian opposition leader: Tehran is force behind extremism Updated: Apr-29-15 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - A top Iranian opposition leader told a House subcommittee Wednesday that Iranians have dubbed their government the "godfather" of the Islamic State militant group.
- African, Asian leaders agree to cooperate against terrorism Updated: Apr-23-15 10:04 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Asian and African leaders agreed to develop concrete ways to cooperate in fighting extremism and the financing of terrorism, they said at the conclusion of a summit in Indonesia's capital Thursday.
- Thousands of Ethiopians march against Islamic extremism Updated: Apr-22-15 7:49 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - More than 100,000 Ethiopians on Wednesday protested the killing of Ethiopian Christians in Libya and their own government's failure to raise living standards of the poor, with poverty fueling the flow of migrants through dangerous areas.
- Where US sees terror prevention, some Muslims see profiling Updated: Apr-20-15 12:18 pm
MISSION VIEJO, California - Sameer Mohiuddin grew more confused by the second as panelists speaking at his Southern California mosque trumpeted a new national initiative to prevent violent extremism.
- Hezbollah blames Saudi Arabia for spread of extremism Updated: Apr-17-15 2:10 pm
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group launched his harshest criticism yet of Saudi Arabia on Friday, blaming the kingdom for the spread of extremist ideology in the Muslim world and the killing of civilians in Yemen.
- Swiss arrest man suspected of trying to join extremists Updated: Apr-08-15 11:25 am
BERLIN - Swiss authorities say they have arrested a 24-year-old man who is suspected of seeking to join an Islamic extremist group in Syria or Iraq.