- Rutgers revamps lab disaster plans following Sandy Updated: Dec-01-13 12:11 pm
- SC research lab aims to change building methods Updated: Nov-30-13 2:04 pm
- Project aims to improve storm predictions Updated: Nov-30-13 9:28 am
- Cuomo: Funding approved for NYC waterfront project Updated: Nov-29-13 4:59 pm
- Review of NJ Transit Sandy performance unfinished Updated: Nov-28-13 10:16 am
- Sandy-struck NJ town may borrow for new town hall Updated: Nov-27-13 6:01 am
- Rutgers report: University handled Sandy well Updated: Nov-25-13 4:52 pm
- NJ man sentenced for Superstorm Sandy scam Updated: Nov-21-13 1:52 pm
- Dredging ongoing at Lynnhaven Inlet in Va Beach Updated: Nov-21-13 6:38 am
- Lawmaker's punch lines raise $11K for charity Updated: Nov-20-13 11:04 am
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-20-13 10:39 am
- Conn. opens 2 more Superstorm Sandy relief centers Updated: Nov-19-13 1:19 pm
- NY to buy homes in NYC neighborhood hit by Sandy Updated: Nov-18-13 6:55 pm
- Federal refuges undergo cleanup after Sandy Updated: Nov-17-13 12:23 pm
- 10 ideas chosen for coastal shields in NY, NJ Updated: Nov-14-13 5:34 pm
- NYC kitten, rescued after hurricane, finds a home Updated: Nov-13-13 1:35 pm
- iTunes to allow donations for typhoon relief Updated: Nov-12-13 2:48 pm
- Judge: NYC doesn't protect disabled in emergencies Updated: Nov-08-13 2:43 am
- $25M beach replenishment work starts in Manasquan Updated: Nov-07-13 7:44 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - When Hurricane Sandy knocked out the power to most of New Jersey last year, the lights - and more importantly, the freezers - stayed on at Rutgers University's Cell and DNA Repository in Piscataway.
RICHBURG, South Carolina - The insurance industry hopes a 21,000-square-foot lab in rural South Carolina can help revolutionize the way homes are built and stem the cost of Mother Nature's disasters.
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Scientists at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science Horn Point Laboratory have a new project in the works that aims to better predict the intensity of storm surges on the Chesapeake Bay, Delaware Bay and the Atlantic Coast.
ALBANY, New York - The federal government has approved funding to start a $50 million flood-mitigation project along the Queens waterfront to better protect Howard Beach against rising sea levels and storm surges similar to those that caused extensive damage during Superstorm Sandy, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The anniversary of Superstorm Sandy has come and gone, and an independent review of how New Jersey's transportation agency responded to the storm has yet to be released, despite officials' assurances that it would be completed months ago.
MANTOLOKING, New Jersey - One of the towns hardest hit by last year's Superstorm Sandy is trying to figure out how to pay for a new borough hall.
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A Rutgers University task force has found the university handled Superstorm Sandy well but offers some areas for improvement.
NEWARK, New Jersey - A central New Jersey man has been sentenced to five years in state prison after admitting he preyed on Superstorm Sandy victims by promising them low-cost housing or cars and defrauding them of approximately $55,000.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The annual dredging of a Chesapeake Bay inlet has been accelerated by the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey Assembly Republican Leader Jon Bramnick shouldn't give up his day job.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state of Connecticut is opening two additional intake centers to help homeowners seeking disaster assistance for losses caused by last year's Superstorm Sandy.
NEW YORK - Residents of a flood-prone area battered by Superstorm Sandy are getting a financial lifeline, with state officials announcing a plan to buy all 129 homes in a neighborhood sandwiched between a tidal marsh and the Atlantic Ocean.
NEPTUNE, New Jersey - Across its 50 miles and 47,000 acres, the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge gives shelter to thousands of migrating birds.
NEW YORK - Federal officials have selected 10 winners in an international design competition aimed at finding ways to better protect the coast from the kind of catastrophic flooding caused by Superstorm Sandy.
NEW YORK - They're two of a kind.
NEW YORK - Apple is giving iTunes users a chance to donate to relief efforts for the typhoon tragedy in the Philippines.
NEW YORK - A judge cited the spectacle of disabled Superstorm Sandy victims stranded in high-rise towers as he ruled that New York City is violating law by failing to protect disabled people in emergencies.
MANASQUAN, New Jersey - Wider beaches are on the way for some Jersey shore towns whose coast took a pounding during Superstorm Sandy as a $25 million beach replenishment project led by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers begins Friday in Manasquan.