- NYC to change maligned Sandy rebuilding program Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- Poll: Residents sour on NJ's Sandy recovery effort Updated: Apr-16-14 5:05 am
- Suspect Sandy charity begins distributing dollars Updated: Apr-15-14 6:17 am
- Sandy stormproofing ideas coming from residents Updated: Apr-13-14 8:50 am
- Superstorm damages forces closure of park bridge Updated: Apr-07-14 6:16 pm
- 2 NJ homeowners accused of Sandy fraud Updated: Apr-07-14 4:04 pm
- Grants awarded in NJ community to elevate homes Updated: Apr-04-14 3:37 pm
- Fewer than 600 appeal denials for NJ Sandy aid Updated: Apr-01-14 4:29 pm
- NJ bar closes - again - victimized twice by Sandy Updated: Apr-01-14 6:04 am
- After Sandy, feds mull plan for artificial islands Updated: Mar-29-14 10:02 am
- NJ adds storm recovery aid for low-income families Updated: Mar-26-14 5:36 pm
- Suffolk County, NY seeks $1B in Sandy aid Updated: Mar-26-14 3:17 pm
- Storm-damaged NYC boilers to be replaced Updated: Mar-23-14 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled a sweeping report Thursday that examined New York City's recovery progress from Superstorm Sandy and promised to reform a much-maligned program that was supposed to rebuild wrecked homes.
NEPTUNE, New Jersey - A new poll finds New Jerseyans are souring on how the state is handling Superstorm Sandy recovery efforts.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Superstorm Sandy charity that was suspected of fraud has started distributing money nearly a year after a settlement with New Jersey prosecutors.
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - While scientists, politicians and engineers ponder ways to better protect New Jersey from storms like Superstorm Sandy, some of the best ideas are coming from those who suffered the most.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - State parks officials say they have permanently closed a bridge in a park near Wilmington after damage from Superstorm Sandy and flooding rendered it unsafe.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Two New Jersey homeowners have been charged with filing fraudulent applications for Superstorm Sandy aid.
BRIGANTINE, New Jersey - A low-lying barrier island community north of Atlantic City is the first to be awarded state aid since Superstorm Sandy to help residents elevate their homes.
TRENTON, New Jersey - About one-tenth of the New Jersey residents who were given more time to appeal denials of housing aid after Superstorm Sandy have taken up the offer.
UNION BEACH, New Jersey - Superstorm Sandy trashed Jakeabob's Bay, a thriving bar and restaurant where locals and vacationers took in gorgeous sunsets over the Raritan Bay.
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, New Jersey - A string of artificial islands off the coast of New Jersey and New York could blunt the impact of storm surges that proved so deadly during Superstorm Sandy, according to a proposal vying for attention and funding as the region continues its recovery.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's administration is calling for creating a new Superstorm Sandy recovery fund for low-income families who have not applied for money to repair damaged homes in response to criticism that storm aid has not reached low-income people and minorities as it should have.
WEST BABYLON, New York - Suffolk County is seeking nearly $1 billion in Superstorm Sandy recovery aid for a sewage treatment project designed to help restore wetlands and marshes.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and Sen. Charles Schumer say the federal government will pay for new boilers in more than 100 city public housing buildings damaged in Superstorm Sandy.