- MCSO investigating possible case of animal abuse in Mesa Updated: May-05-15 9:47 pm
MESA, Arizona - Authorities say they're looking into a possible case of animal abuse in Mesa after three dogs were found locked in a box.
- Mixed-breed terrier bouncing back after being shot 5 times Updated: May-05-15 11:53 am
HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania - A stray 8-month-old mixed-breed terrier that was shot five times in Chester is alive and kissing, thanks to the efforts of four city police officers and a team at Keystone Veterinary Emergency & Referral. Not to mention Russell Wayne Harper, Wolf for short - the humane officer with Justice Rescue who brought them all together.
- Dog rescued after being found impaled, dangling from tree Updated: May-05-15 5:04 am
WADMALAW ISLAND, South Carolina - A dog has been rescued after he was found impaled on a tree limb and dangling 15 feet in the air in a South Carolina marsh.
- Florida man shoots, kills neighbor's puppy with shotgun Updated: May-05-15 5:01 am
BURNELL, Florida - Deputies have arrested a Florida man they say shot a family's puppy to death with a shotgun after it ran into his yard.
- Bellingham man accused of shooting corgi dies before trial Updated: May-04-15 11:19 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man charged with killing a neighbor's dog in Bellingham has died before his case could go to trial.
- Machete attack on dog sparks dozens to protest animal abuse Updated: May-04-15 12:49 pm
MERCED, California - Dozens of people gathered in Merced to protest animal abuse after a 1-year-old Siberian Husky was tied to a fire hydrant and slashed by two men with machetes.
- Lincoln police officer cleared in fatal dog shooting Updated: May-03-15 5:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln police said the officer who fatally shot a dog charging at him in March didn't violate the department's rules.
- Pit bull at center of W.Va. Supreme Court case euthanized Updated: May-03-15 1:04 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Authorities have euthanized a pit bull that was at the center of a West Virginia Supreme Court case involving municipal court powers.
- Renowned Maryland dog trainer a pioneer for positive method Updated: May-03-15 10:16 am
FAIRPLAY, Maryland - Down a long lane surrounded by fields, the blue roof of a farmhouse marks a quiet place in Washington County that has made an impact across the globe.
- Hundreds of dogs gather for annual Prattville fundraiser Updated: May-03-15 9:47 am
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Dressed in a pink dress and a fetching hat, Trinity lingered around a group of pools set up at Cooter's Pond in Prattville, not certain whether to plunge in or not.
- 2 men arrested, suspected of attacking dog with machetes Updated: May-03-15 1:32 am
MERCED, California - Two men have been arrested in Central California on suspicion of tying a dog to a fire hydrant and slashing it with machetes and leaving it for dead.
- Therapy dogs helping children control their emotions Updated: May-02-15 5:26 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - Therapists are using dog therapy for children's programs where children learn to control their emotions and learn boundaries of behavior, including dogs that build confidence and dogs that help foster children and children with broken families.
- Dog reportedly thrown from car window in Rochester Updated: May-02-15 4:07 pm
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police are looking for the person who reportedly threw a dog out of a car window in Rochester.
- Medford police may have to retire their pot-sniffing dogs Updated: May-02-15 1:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Narc and Cody are finding out there's truth to the adage "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."
- Chicago breeder says masked men stole pit bulls at gunpoint Updated: May-02-15 12:41 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago dog breeder says several masked men have stolen three of his pit bulls at gunpoint.
- Police shoot pit bull after it lunges at, bites officer Updated: May-01-15 1:20 am
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a western Pennsylvania police officer shot a pit bull after it bit his partner as the two investigated a burglar alarm.
- Man bitten in face sues, saying police told dog to attack Updated: Apr-30-15 9:07 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man who says his face was badly bitten by a West Jordan police dog even though he put his hands in the air filed a civil rights lawsuit Thursday against the city.
- Cop investigating burglary report kills dog at wrong address Updated: Apr-30-15 8:25 pm
WYCKOFF, New Jersey - A police officer investigating a report of a home burglary mistakenly went to the wrong address and ended up killing a family's dog.
- Dog owner: Police shot pet during her rough sex with husband Updated: Apr-30-15 7:14 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A New Jersey woman said a dog that police fatally shot wasn't a threat and that her screams for help that led officers into her bedroom were because the pit bull was biting her husband while the couple was having rough sex.
- 2 vets, dogs start cross-country trek to help vets with pets Updated: Apr-30-15 3:01 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Two veterans and their dogs passed through Birmingham and Huntsville this week on a 6,000-mile journey across the country to raise money for military families and vets with pets.
- Ore. woman awarded more than $100,000 for dog bite Updated: Apr-30-15 2:02 am
MCMINNVILLE, Oregon - An Oregon woman who was bitten in the face by the hosts' dog at an afternoon cocktail party has been awarded more than $108,000 by a jury.
- Stolen Yorkie found in Iowa is reunited with Louisiana owner Updated: Apr-29-15 4:11 pm
KENNER, Louisiana - With smiles, tears of joy and lots of licking, a Yorkshire terrier picked up as a stray in Iowa was reunited Wednesday with the 14-year-old girl from whom he was stolen in 2012.
- Mayor: Charges dropped against man who shot Bay police K-9 Updated: Apr-29-15 12:47 pm
BAY, Arkansas - The mayor of an Arkansas city where the only police dog was fatally shot by a resident says charges have been dropped against the shooter.
- Ski patroller trains Tater for search, rescue certification Updated: Apr-29-15 11:45 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - Sir Tater Tot of the Tetons is a 2-month-old golden retriever who may someday save a life.
- Fayette authorities find dogs, cats abandoned at residence Updated: Apr-29-15 10:38 am
DANESE, West Virginia - The Fayette County Sheriff's Office is investigating the abandonment of five dogs and numerous cats at a residence in the Danese area.