- Florida prisoners train therapy dogs to help veterans Updated: Jul-05-15 11:40 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - A group of Florida prisoners are training therapy dogs for veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as part of a new program.
- Poop-sniffing dogs work for wildlife researchers Updated: Jul-05-15 10:04 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Shelter dogs too intense or feisty to be adopted are helping wildlife scientists by doing what comes naturally - running through the woods and sniffing for the poop of other animals.
- 77-year-old woman attacked by dogs while walking in Anderson Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 pm
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Authorities say three dogs attacked a 77-year-old woman as she walked with a friend in Anderson.
- Owners of former Vick dogfighting house clash with county Updated: Jul-04-15 2:06 pm
SMITHFIELD, Virginia - The black two-story shed still stands out back at 1915 Moonlight Road - a haunting reminder of the brutal dog fights that took place upstairs when NFL quarterback Michael Vick owned the place.
- Removal of animals from Alabama shelter continues Updated: Jul-04-15 1:49 pm
DECATUR, Alabama - Volunteers will continue removing animals from a shelter in Alabama that's now the focus of a police investigation.
- Removal of animals from Lawrence County shelter continues Updated: Jul-04-15 10:46 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Volunteers will continue removing animals from a shelter in Lawrence County that's now the focus of a police investigation.
- Animals with special needs face hurdles to finding a home Updated: Jul-04-15 10:09 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jenny, a 2-year-old spayed American bulldog, has a torn ACL in one leg and is deaf. She needs a foster home to take her in until she can get surgery to repair the leg.
- Brave dog Leo honored with monument in Serbian town Updated: Jul-04-15 7:40 am
PANCEVO, Serbia - Normally, Leo would run away at the sight of a bigger dog. The small dachshund liked most to cuddle with his owners or ride in the back seat of the family car. But, one day Leo showed that true bravery knows no limits.
- Pueblo shelter says fireworks driving dog boom Updated: Jul-03-15 10:35 am
PUEBLO, Colorado - Holiday fireworks are being blamed for a huge spike in dogs coming to an animal shelter in Pueblo.
- Youngtown woman accused of animal abuse after dog found dead Updated: Jul-03-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - A Youngtown woman is facing charges after a pit bull she was taking care of died from heat and lack of shelter.
- Dog flu concerns keep dachshunds out of July 4 parade Updated: Jul-03-15 2:02 am
HARBOR SPRINGS, Michigan - Concerns about dog flu are keeping a group of dachshunds from participating in a Fourth of July parade in northern Michigan.
- NY Court: Emaciated dog is proof of owner's abuse Updated: Jul-02-15 2:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court says the obviously emaciated condition of a starving dog in a Queens backyard showed the owner knowingly abused the animal.
- 2 Condon-area dogs found dead, poisoned with strychnine Updated: Jul-02-15 9:45 am
CONDON, Montana - Authorities are looking for whoever is responsible for poisoning two Labrador retrievers near Condon.
- Pennsylvania man, dog drown when SUV overturns in lake Updated: Jul-02-15 8:55 am
LINESVILLE, Pennsylvania - A coroner says a man and his dog drowned when a sport-utility vehicle overturned on a narrow road and wound up upside down in a northwestern Pennsylvania lake.
- Police: Boy seriously hurt after dog bites him in Evansville Updated: Jul-02-15 7:20 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Police say a 3-year-old boy is seriously hurt after he was bitten by a dog in Evansville.
- Reward increases to $17,000 in decapitated dog case Updated: Jul-02-15 4:05 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - An animal rights organization says it is adding $5,000 to the reward in the Knox County case of two dogs that were found beheaded and skinned, and the total offered has reached $17,000.
- Love your country, love your dog: Keep pets safe over July 4 Updated: Jul-01-15 11:14 am
LOS ANGELES - To us, fireworks are the sparkling embodiment of July Fourth. But to dogs, they truly are bombs bursting in air.
- St. Paul police investigate dogs' death Updated: Jul-01-15 8:59 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul police are investigating the discovery of two dogs found dead in a car.
- Dog, rabbit infected with tularemia in El Paso County Updated: Jul-01-15 8:02 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A dog has been infected and at least one rabbit has died recently in Yoder of tularemia, a bacterial infection known as "rabbit fever."
- 1 dog returned after 2 were swiped from Ohio pet stores Updated: Jul-01-15 4:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in central Ohio are searching for a woman who they say nabbed two French bulldog puppies from separate pet stores over the weekend.
- Man who performed illegal vet work on dogs heads to prison Updated: Jul-01-15 2:38 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man who butchered dogs while performing illegal veterinarian work, then posted videos of the procedures online, is headed to prison for one year.
- Man with 67 pit bulls at Del. home sentenced for dogfighting Updated: Jun-30-15 9:07 pm
HOUSTON, Delaware - A Delaware man has been sentenced to more than 7 years in prison for dogfighting after 67 pit bulls were found at his home.
- Lawton police ID boy killed in dog attack Updated: Jun-30-15 4:41 pm
LAWTON, Oklahoma - Lawton authorities have identified a 3-year-old boy who died after being attacked by a dog over the weekend.
- 4 dangerous dogs identified under law enacted last year Updated: Jun-30-15 2:27 pm
BAKER, Oregon - A city in northwest Oregon is identifying dangerous dogs under an ordinance put in place last year as a result of the mauling death of a 5-year-old boy.
- Man faces charges for letting shelter dogs out Updated: Jun-30-15 6:16 am
UKIAH, California - A 19-year-old Hydesville man is facing charges after letting the dogs out at a Mendocino County animal shelter.