- Uber, blind riders reach settlement over service dogs Updated: Apr-30-16 6:59 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber and advocates for the blind have reached a lawsuit settlement in which the ride-hailing company agrees to require that existing and new drivers confirm they understand their legal obligations to transport riders with guide dogs or other service animals, an advocacy group announced Saturday.
- Man to serve 3 years in prison for burning puppy alive Updated: Apr-30-16 3:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge has sentenced a Northern California man to three years and eight months in state prison for burning his weeks-old Chihuahua dog alive.
- Wee-lief! Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own Updated: Apr-30-16 9:22 am
NEW YORK - Little Simba couldn't wait to check it out.
- Iditarod bans musher in domestic violence case from '17 race Updated: Apr-29-16 7:12 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A musher who has been charged in a domestic violence case has been banned from next year's Iditarod, race officials announced Friday in Alaska.
- All but 1 of animals rescued from SUV in Spearfish adopted Updated: Apr-29-16 3:44 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A year after police found 36 dogs and six cats in the back of an SUV in Spearfish, all but one animal has been adopted.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Dog missing 10 years found in Alabama, returning to owner Updated: Apr-29-16 10:14 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Tracy Dove assumed the worst after her 1-year-old dog named Charlie disappeared in 2006. Days without the animal turned into years, and Dove figured the brown-and-white pointer was dead.
- Officials vote Boyle County-wide 'dog' ordinance into law Updated: Apr-29-16 9:58 am
DANVILLE, Kentucky - A Boyle County-wide "dog" ordinance has been voted into law following months of discussion and several revisions.
- Police: Woman facing charges for abandoning animals Updated: Apr-29-16 6:43 am
SOUTH HUNTINGTON, New York - Authorities say a Long Island woman is facing animal cruelty charges after she abandoned animals in her home, including a dog that was found dead.
- Authorities: Deputies shoot, kill dog that attacked K-9 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:17 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Authorities say sheriff's deputies shot and killed a dog that attacked a police K-9 during a community event in Columbus.
- Animals rescued in Spearfish doing well a year later Updated: Apr-28-16 11:47 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The story could have ended very differently if someone hadn't called for a welfare check in the Wal-Mart parking lot on April 25, 2015.
- Pet store owner, brother face 134 animal cruelty charges Updated: Apr-28-16 3:58 am
PARAMUS, New Jersey - The owner of a northern New Jersey pet store and his brother are facing 134 counts of animal cruelty after more than 60 puppies were found inside a van behind the shop earlier this month.
- Dog that killed 3-day-old baby in San Diego is euthanized Updated: Apr-27-16 9:23 pm
SAN DIEGO - A family dog that killed a 3-day-old San Diego boy has been put down at the owners' request.
- Dog rescued after he was shot, tied up and mouth taped shut Updated: Apr-27-16 7:09 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A Labrador mix dog that had been shot and tied to an Illinois bridge with his mouth taped closed so he wouldn't bark was starting to show signs of recovery from a long list of injuries, a veterinarian said Wednesday.
- German shepherd helps rescue children from burning home Updated: Apr-27-16 6:14 am
LONGWOOD, Florida - Authorities in central Florida say a German shepherd helped firefighters locate the two young children of his owners in heavy smoke as a blaze destroyed their home.
- Suspect in dog's death pleads not guilty to animal cruelty Updated: Apr-27-16 2:51 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man charged in connection with the sexual assault and hanging of a dog in Thurston County has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty.
- New K9 policy sparks protest from some Martinsburg residents Updated: Apr-26-16 3:44 pm
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Some Martinsburg residents are protesting a new police that'll assign a police dog to another handler.
- Oxford animal control officer accused of stealing puppies Updated: Apr-26-16 6:50 am
SOUTHBURY, Connecticut - Oxford's animal control officer has turned herself in to Connecticut State Police on a warrant accusing her of stealing two pure-bred dogs from a resident in the town.
- Autopsy: Newborn killed by dog died of bites to head Updated: Apr-25-16 9:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - A 3-day-old California boy mauled to death by the family dog died from bites to his head, according to autopsy results released Monday.
- Rescue pup Vincent crowned 'Beautiful Bulldog' in Iowa Updated: Apr-24-16 7:35 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The owners of Vincent, a rescued 60-pound English bulldog, aren't quite sure how old he is.
- Charge: Woman faked dog hearing test certificate for sale Updated: Apr-24-16 7:20 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Picayune woman who pleaded guilty to animal abuse is now accused of faking a certificate for a dog's hearing test to sell a puppy from a breed with hearing problems.
- Animal abuse charges after dog found dead in stolen car Updated: Apr-24-16 1:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County grand jury has indicted a 34-year-old man on animal abuse and theft charges after a dog was found dead in a stolen car earlier this month.
- Ohio funeral home offers canine comfort to grieving families Updated: Apr-24-16 9:18 am
MAUMEE, Ohio - Funeral homes go out of their way to help grieving families.
- Hundreds walk pooches to protest dog-walking limits Updated: Apr-23-16 8:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hundreds of dog owners walked their poodles, corgis, dachshunds and many mutts to protest the proposed limits on dog-walking in San Francisco's Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
- New Jersey man charged with fatally hitting puppy with ax Updated: Apr-23-16 6:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, New Jersey - Authorities say they have arrested a New Jersey man with killing a 6-month-old puppy after striking it with the back side of an ax.