- Dog's death prompts warning of toxic algae in Russian River Updated: Sep-04-15 8:40 pm
FORESTVILLE, California - Authorities are urging people to keep their pets out of the Russian River in Northern California this Labor Day weekend after a dog died from toxic algae.
- Tenn. state Sen. Kerry Roberts injured in dog attack Updated: Sep-04-15 12:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Tennessee - State Sen. Kerry Roberts has been hurt in a dog attack while riding his bike.
- Ex-animal shelter director pleads not guilty to charges Updated: Sep-04-15 8:20 am
MOULTON, Alabama - The former director of a north Alabama animal shelter has pleaded not guilty to charges of animal abuse and neglect.
- Officials: Man facing more charges in animal cruelty case Updated: Sep-04-15 7:14 am
NORTH PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A North Providence man who allegedly owned a malnourished dog that had to be euthanized is facing additional charges.
- Woman gets 6 months in prison for vicious pit bull attack Updated: Sep-04-15 5:42 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A woman has been sentenced after authorities say her dog viciously attacked a 9-year-old girl and her mother last year in Chester.
- Kennel owner: Ex-Steeler doesn't deserve dog he left there Updated: Sep-03-15 7:35 pm
BALTIMORE - The owner of a Baltimore kennel where former Pittsburgh Steeler Chris Kemoeatu has left his dog for the past 10 months says he's racked up an $11,000 bill and she may find a new home for the animal.
- Report: Dog charged police, prompting gunfire in wrong home Updated: Sep-03-15 6:01 pm
ATLANTA - A dog charged police officers who entered the wrong Atlanta home searching for a burglar, prompting gunfire that seriously wounded an officer, injured the homeowner and killed the animal, according to a police report released Thursday.
- Detroit dog owner pleads guilty in brutal mauling of man Updated: Sep-03-15 5:46 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit dog owner has pleaded guilty in the brutal mauling of a man who was attacked while feeding a pack of pit bulls.
- UNK reaches settlement with Justice Dept. in housing lawsuit Updated: Sep-03-15 3:53 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska at Kearney has agreed to enact new student housing policies and pay $140,000 to settle a Justice Department lawsuit that accused the university of violating federal law by not allowing therapy animals in student housing.
- NYC woman with therapy dog says she's denied entry to buses Updated: Sep-03-15 7:59 am
NEW YORK - A New York City woman says she's been harassed by city bus drivers on least seven occasions since May because she travels with a therapy dog.
- Specially trained dogs help out farmers with disabilities Updated: Sep-03-15 2:40 am
MAYSVILLE, Missouri - The demanding daily chores of a farmer were always a little different for Alda Owen, who is legally blind, able to see some blurry shapes and very close objects but not much else.
- New collars monitor pets for pain, problems Updated: Sep-02-15 6:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - You can use wearables with GPS to keep track of wandering dogs. Others help you track animals' physical activity.
- Video of Arizona police officer whipping dog prompts probe Updated: Sep-02-15 6:10 pm
PHOENIX - A suburban Phoenix police officer is being investigated after a video posted online purportedly shows him whipping and kicking a police dog.
- Woman charged with animal cruelty after dead puppy found Updated: Sep-02-15 3:16 am
SHELTON, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut woman was arrested after they found a dead puppy and four other animals living in poor conditions.
- Off-duty Norfolk police dog bites 3; handler placed on leave Updated: Sep-01-15 4:54 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk police dog bit three people after escaping from his off-duty handler's back yard.
- Wilber family demands action after police officer kills dog Updated: Sep-01-15 3:58 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A southeastern Nebraska couple is demanding the firing of a Wilber police officer, saying he shot their dog in front of their 13-year-old daughter.
- Los Angeles County man accused of abusing his family's dogs Updated: Sep-01-15 8:55 am
PALMDALE, California - Authorities have arrested a 22-year-old Los Angeles County man for allegedly abusing his family's dogs after one animal was discovered with broken legs and the other had injuries to its neck.
- North Texas boy, 11, sentenced for beating dog to death Updated: Aug-31-15 3:55 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A judge has sentenced an 11-year-old North Texas boy who pleaded guilty to beating his neighbor's dog to death.
- No bones about it: Dog mayor plans to run for president Updated: Aug-31-15 11:22 am
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - She might be a bit shaggy, but Lucy Lou wants to run for president - and she comes with political experience.
- Woman and her dog killed in Springfield townhouse fire Updated: Aug-29-15 2:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A woman has been killed in a townhouse fire Friday night in Springfield that also injured two other people.
- Wilmington police kill loose, aggressive pit bull dog Updated: Aug-29-15 12:28 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police say two officers shot and killed an aggressive pit bull that was on the loose.
- Photos help connect pets up for adoption with new owners Updated: Aug-29-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - When Susan Frazier decided to adopt a dog last year, she hopped online and started browsing the websites of central Ohio animal groups.
- Woman accused of killing puppy agrees to smaller jury Updated: Aug-28-15 2:39 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A central Illinois woman accused of killing her boyfriend's pit bull puppy has agreed to a jury of six people instead of 12.
- Movie debuting about abused dog named 'Gucci' Updated: Aug-28-15 9:11 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Doug James smiles when reminiscing about his "rock star" best friend.
- Authorities: Man charged after dog tests positive for meth Updated: Aug-28-15 8:13 am
JEFFERSON, Georgia - A Jackson County man has been charged after authorities say his dog tested positive for methamphetamine.