- 2 Condon-area dogs found dead, poisoned with strychnine Updated: Jul-02-15 9:45 am
CONDON, Montana - Authorities are looking for whoever is responsible for poisoning two Labrador retrievers near Condon.
- Pennsylvania man, dog drown when SUV overturns in lake Updated: Jul-02-15 8:55 am
LINESVILLE, Pennsylvania - A coroner says a man and his dog drowned when a sport-utility vehicle overturned on a narrow road and wound up upside down in a northwestern Pennsylvania lake.
- Police: Boy seriously hurt after dog bites him in Evansville Updated: Jul-02-15 7:20 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Police say a 3-year-old boy is seriously hurt after he was bitten by a dog in Evansville.
- Reward increases to $17,000 in decapitated dog case Updated: Jul-02-15 4:05 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - An animal rights organization says it is adding $5,000 to the reward in the Knox County case of two dogs that were found beheaded and skinned, and the total offered has reached $17,000.
- Police: Search of Moulton animal shelter turns up dead dogs Updated: Jul-01-15 12:50 pm
MOULTON, Alabama - Authorities inspecting a northwest Alabama animal shelter say they have found dead dogs on the property.
- Love your country, love your dog: Keep pets safe over July 4 Updated: Jul-01-15 11:14 am
LOS ANGELES - To us, fireworks are the sparkling embodiment of July Fourth. But to dogs, they truly are bombs bursting in air.
- St. Paul police investigate dogs' death Updated: Jul-01-15 8:59 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul police are investigating the discovery of two dogs found dead in a car.
- Dog, rabbit infected with tularemia in El Paso County Updated: Jul-01-15 8:02 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A dog has been infected and at least one rabbit has died recently in Yoder of tularemia, a bacterial infection known as "rabbit fever."
- 1 dog returned after 2 were swiped from Ohio pet stores Updated: Jul-01-15 4:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in central Ohio are searching for a woman who they say nabbed two French bulldog puppies from separate pet stores over the weekend.
- Man who performed illegal vet work on dogs heads to prison Updated: Jul-01-15 2:38 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man who butchered dogs while performing illegal veterinarian work, then posted videos of the procedures online, is headed to prison for one year.
- Man with 67 pit bulls at Del. home sentenced for dogfighting Updated: Jun-30-15 9:07 pm
HOUSTON, Delaware - A Delaware man has been sentenced to more than 7 years in prison for dogfighting after 67 pit bulls were found at his home.
- Lawton police ID boy killed in dog attack Updated: Jun-30-15 4:41 pm
LAWTON, Oklahoma - Lawton authorities have identified a 3-year-old boy who died after being attacked by a dog over the weekend.
- 4 dangerous dogs identified under law enacted last year Updated: Jun-30-15 2:27 pm
BAKER, Oregon - A city in northwest Oregon is identifying dangerous dogs under an ordinance put in place last year as a result of the mauling death of a 5-year-old boy.
- Man faces charges for letting shelter dogs out Updated: Jun-30-15 6:16 am
UKIAH, California - A 19-year-old Hydesville man is facing charges after letting the dogs out at a Mendocino County animal shelter.
- Owner of fake service animal may get jail time with new law Updated: Jun-29-15 6:13 pm
MIAMI - A new Florida law taking effect July 1 will make it a misdemeanor to pass off an unqualified pet as a service animal.
- Volunteers build boxes for displaced sled dogs in Willow Updated: Jun-29-15 2:50 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A group of volunteers came together to help out the many sled dogs displaced by the Sockeye Fire in Willow.
- Woodland police: Burglar shoots, kills dog Updated: Jun-29-15 1:47 pm
WOODLAND, Washington - A 63-year-old man is in Cowlitz County Jail, accused of shooting and killing a dog during a burglary in Woodland.
- SCI-Greene inmates forge bond training service dogs Updated: Jun-29-15 11:25 am
WAYNESBURG, Pennsylvania - The 15 inmates chosen to train Labrador retriever service dogs at the state prison in Greene didn't get much sleep the first night that five puppies spent in their block in March 2014.
- Ramsey County deputy accused of assaulting police dog Updated: Jun-27-15 6:52 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Ramsey County sheriff's deputy is on leave after he was accused of picking up his police dog by the collar, throwing the animal to the ground and repeatedly hitting it.
- Deformed mutt is crowned World's Ugliest Dog Updated: Jun-27-15 3:38 pm
PETALUMA, California - A 10-year-old mutt named Quasi Modo, whose spinal birth defects left her a bit hunchbacked, is the winner of this year's World's Ugliest Dog contest.
- Illinois could allow dogs to comfort courtroom witnesses Updated: Jun-27-15 1:45 pm
GURNEE, Illinois - Illinois could soon become one of the few states with a law governing the use of specially trained dogs in courtrooms to comfort witnesses.
- Endangered red wolf legally killed in North Carolina Updated: Jun-26-15 5:43 am
SWAN QUARTER, North Carolina - Wildlife protection advocates are calling for federal authorities to care for the puppies of a rare red wolf legally shot and killed on private property last week.
- 10 cats, 2 dogs rescued from Ocala mobile home fire Updated: Jun-26-15 3:40 am
OCALA, Florida - Marion County Fire Rescue crews have rescued 10 cats, two dogs and a turtle from a fire that tore through an Ocala mobile home.
- Daviess County animal rescue group sues fiscal court Updated: Jun-25-15 12:41 pm
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - A Daviess County-based animal rescue group has filed suit against the Daviess Fiscal Court over a rule requiring rescue groups to return dogs they adopt from the county animal shelter if the owner is found.
- N. Idaho woman cited after puppies reported abandoned Updated: Jun-24-15 5:55 pm
POST FALLS, Idaho - A 20-year-old northern Idaho woman police say lied to authorities so she could be rid of eight puppies has been cited with filing a false report.