- 'Landfill Dogs' project aims for homes for pets Updated: Dec-07-13 9:04 am
- Detroit dog group putting on pet assistance event Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- $5 cats, $50 dogs at Grand Rapids-area shelter Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner Updated: Dec-06-13 10:01 am
- Yakima council upholds ban on pit bulls Updated: Dec-05-13 9:02 am
- Wisconsin woman offers shelter to homeless hounds Updated: Dec-04-13 6:03 pm
- Michelle Obama unveils White House Christmas decor Updated: Dec-04-13 5:35 pm
- Canines find plenty of care from foster parents Updated: Dec-04-13 12:14 pm
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs Updated: Dec-04-13 11:10 am
- Pa. counties make available 2014 dog licenses Updated: Dec-02-13 10:55 am
- Inmates at Ohio prison care for shelter dogs Updated: Nov-30-13 1:49 pm
- Dog helps teach Fayette students to love reading Updated: Nov-30-13 11:22 am
- Dog found under rubble 9 days after Ill. tornado Updated: Nov-29-13 3:01 pm
- Disabled dog and owner reunited after Cuba tip Updated: Nov-28-13 5:13 pm
- Therapy dogs relieve stress at Reno Airport Updated: Nov-28-13 7:05 am
- Missing dog from Washington found in Utah Updated: Nov-28-13 5:05 am
- Dog-doo scofflaws get bagged through DNA testing Updated: Nov-27-13 6:25 am
- Small businesses pop up for the holidays Updated: Nov-26-13 5:46 pm
- Traps capture pet dogs near Jackson Updated: Nov-26-13 12:32 pm
- Mill Creek bulldog featured by Washington Lottery Updated: Nov-25-13 3:55 pm
- Puppies doused with fuel, available for adoption Updated: Nov-25-13 1:29 pm
- Young NC kids learn about bullying in class Updated: Nov-25-13 7:55 am
- Poodle reunited with girl who sued to get it back Updated: Nov-24-13 7:38 pm
- Poodle reunited with girl who sued to get it back Updated: Nov-24-13 6:38 pm
- West Texas convalescent center gets 4-legged help Updated: Nov-24-13 1:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina photographer hopes her pictures of shelter dogs at a former landfill will help find homes for them and raise awareness of the need for spaying and neutering.
DETROIT - A Detroit-based dog rescue group is set to lend some assistance to pet owners in need of help feeding and sheltering their animals.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The animal shelter serving the Grand Rapids area wants to empty the cages and is offering discounts Saturday on cats and dogs that need a home.
SERGEANT BLUFF, Iowa - A little dog that ran away from a fatal collision on an Iowa interstate has been reunited with his owner.
YAKIMA, Washington - A ban on pit bull dogs remains in effect in Yakima.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - A western Wisconsin woman is easing the worries of homeless residents by taking in their pets while they search for a new place to live.
WASHINGTON - The familiar black dog with the white chest and white front paws starred in past Christmases in President Barack Obama's White House, but America's first pooch had to let someone else in the picture this holiday season: his little sister, Sunny.
SAN ANTONIO - With three children and three dogs, Ed and Jessica Sachanowicz live amid chaos. The kids run around, make noise, slobber everywhere and take up all the space on the couch.
LOS ANGELES - If a dog's bark or tail doesn't convey an understandable message, check the animal's eyes, ears, nose or the tilt of its head for clues. A veterinarian says it's important that humans get the right message if they want to communicate well with their pets.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Dog licenses for next year are now available from treasurers' offices in Pennsylvania counties.
CALDWELL, Ohio - Apocalypse sleeps on his own blue cot in a dormitory in Noble Correctional Institution. Though underweight while he recovers from a recent illness, the 3-year-old St. Bernard is still too large to be kenneled next to a bed like most of the 18 dogs staying in the Ohio prison.
SMITHERS, West Virginia - Valley Elementary School has really gone to the dogs. That might be a little backward. A dog really has gone to Valley Elementary School and she's doing more than getting an education. She's helping teach kids to love books and reading.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - A six-month-old pit bull that was buried under a pile of rubble for more than a week after a tornado ripped through a central Illinois city has been coaxed to freedom with hot dogs and reunited with his owner.
MIAMI - A disabled dog and his owner are celebrating Thanksgiving together thanks to a tip from Cuba.
RENO, Nevada - A pair of small therapy dogs are helping take some of the stress out of holiday travel for passengers at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
SALT LAKE CITY - An implanted microchip helped a family in Washington get reunited with their missing dog, who was found recently in Utah after being gone for more 2 ½ years.
BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - Apartment and condo managers, dogged by complaints from those who've experienced the squishy and smelly sensation of stepping onto a pile of dog doo, are turning to DNA testing to identify the culprits who don't clean up after their pets.
NEW YORK - Here today, gone in weeks - pop-up shops and temporary stores are back for the holiday season.
JACKSON, Wyoming - A resident has put up warning signs to alert pet owners of the presence of traps on National Forest land near Jackson after two pet dogs were caught in a trapper's snare and leghold traps.
MILL CREEK, Washington - He's got a face that's itching for a scratching.
PHOENIX - Four puppies are recovering at a Maricopa County dog pound and about to become available for adoption after being found abandoned and doused with diesel fuel.
SALISBURY, North Carolina - Lea Silverburg sees hundreds of kindergarten and first-grade students a week, and "Puppy" accompanies her to every classroom.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - A 10-year-old Detroit-area girl who sued her mom's ex-boyfriend for the return of her poodle has been reunited with the animal.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - A 10-year-old Detroit-area girl has been reunited with her poodle after suing to get the dog back from her mom's former boyfriend.
AMARILLO, Texas - Sophie may not be an official Plum Creek Health Care Center employee, but she does have her own employee ID card.