- Review: 'Peabody & Sherman' a sweet, geeky jaunt Updated: Mar-06-14 6:28 pm
- Chicago bars pet shops from selling dogs, cats Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- Dog rescued by US Coast Guard reunited with owners Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 am
- After 4 days in deep snow, dog back with owner Updated: Mar-06-14 1:52 am
- Iowa pet breeders criticize proposed legislation Updated: Mar-05-14 7:32 pm
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise Updated: Mar-05-14 12:20 pm
- Rescue groups help give shelter animals 2nd chance Updated: Mar-05-14 10:24 am
- 5 things to know about Iditarod's furry athletes Updated: Mar-04-14 5:13 pm
- 24 cats, 3 dogs rescued from Pa. veteran's car Updated: Mar-03-14 3:43 pm
- Franklin County doctor is a healer on wheels Updated: Mar-02-14 10:02 am
- Young man said to be subject of famous photo dies Updated: Mar-02-14 9:57 am
- Dog adopted during Sochi Games still fighting Updated: Mar-01-14 3:47 pm
- Missing for 13 days, dog reunited with NY family Updated: Feb-28-14 5:59 am
- Spike Lee criticizes NYC gentrification Updated: Feb-27-14 5:37 pm
- Dogs lost in NH heading home to Florida Updated: Feb-27-14 6:52 am
- Authorities break up family brawl over puppy Updated: Feb-23-14 12:10 pm
- Franklin County's drug-sniffing dog loves his job Updated: Feb-23-14 11:59 am
- Specially trained dogs help veterans Updated: Feb-23-14 11:57 am
- Testers determine dogs' potential for therapy work Updated: Feb-23-14 8:25 am
- Iowa funeral home dog helps ease grief Updated: Feb-22-14 6:26 pm
- Va. dog to help kids with same condition Updated: Feb-22-14 9:30 am
- Groups to address reservation's dog overpopulation Updated: Feb-22-14 9:19 am
- Animal advocates lobby state on pet shop breeders Updated: Feb-21-14 4:08 am
- Fla. firefighters rescue puppy from drainage pipe Updated: Feb-21-14 3:04 am
- Pa. dog who visits dying patients is shot in yard Updated: Feb-20-14 2:57 pm
Animated films have seen their share of uptight dads - the most memorable being merman Triton and his strict rule over daughter Ariel in "The Little Mermaid" and the over-protective caveman Grug in the prehistoric journey "The Croods." Mr. Peabody the dog in the charming "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" is no different.
CHICAGO - Pet stores in Chicago will be barred from selling dogs, cats and rabbits unless the animals come from shelters.
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A dog missing since last month that was rescued several miles from land on the ice of Lake St. Clair by a U.S. Coast Guard crew has been reunited with his owners.
PENDLETON, Oregon - Curly Bear is back.
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Proposed legislation that would place new restrictions on commercial pet breeding in Iowa would put many breeders in the state out of business, according to critics of the measure.
NEW YORK - The email from the bank was unexpected. Laura Benson got an increase in her small business credit line.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Emily Halgrimson's dog, Penny, is a happy, 40-pound beagle whose name suits her bright coppery color.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - One human wins the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race each year, but it's the smaller, furry athletes that do the heroes' share of the work crossing nearly 1,000 miles of merciless terrain to reach the finish line on Alaska's wind-battered coast.
LEBANON, Pennsylvania - More than two dozen animals were rescued from a homeless veteran's car after she checked herself into a Pennsylvania VA hospital.
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia - The doctor raided the freezer, shoveling ice into a trash bag with his hands. The rescue squad had detected a pulse, reviving a man in cardiac arrest in his home near Smith Mountain Lake.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The photograph of the young man was famous - a civil rights marcher in a sweater being attacked on May 3, 1963 by a German shepherd police dog in downtown Birmingham. It was so famous that people sometimes falsely claimed to be the person in the picture, trying to get attention. A statue in Kelly Ingram Park is based on the picture.
Amanda Bird's quest to adopt a stray dog who was among those rounded up during the Sochi Olympics continues to be a challenge.
NORTH MASSAPEQUA, New York - A Long Island family and their 8-year-old labradoodle are together again after the dog ran away on Valentine's Day.
NEW YORK - In a rant that quickly went viral, film director Spike Lee disparaged the gentrification of historically black New York City neighborhoods and reignited an age-old debate over the merits of economic change.
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - Two dogs who accidentally spent an extra-long vacation in New Hampshire are heading home to Florida.
BUNNELL, Florida - A Daytona Beach woman faces charges of aggravated battery after a family brawl over custody of a puppy.
HAMPTON, Iowa - It's just after 7 on a recent Thursday night when Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy Adam Blau lets K-9 unit Sarge out of the back seat of his patrol car.
FREMONT, Nebraska - Joe Buzay is direct when he talks about the value of his service dog, Frankie.
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Wheelchairs, walkers, strangers, loud noises - none of the usual distractions seemed to faze Leila.
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - A Marshalltown funeral home has added a four-legged staff member to help people deal with the grief of losing loved ones.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Frank is a small puppy with a big head, bigger spirit and 172 Facebook fans and counting.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Two nonprofit organizations have secured funds to help address a dog overpopulation problem at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in southwest South Dakota.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Animal protection activists have set their first Connecticut Voices for Animals Day to lobby state lawmakers to ban puppy mills.
DAVIE, Florida - A group of South Florida firefighters are being honored for saving a puppy that was trapped in a drainage pipe.
YORK, Pennsylvania - A therapy dog who visits dying hospice patients in central Pennsylvania is fighting for his own life after being shot in his back yard in the middle of the night.