- Thousands claim vote rigging by Serbia's ruling populists Updated: Apr-30-16 10:27 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Chanting "Thieves! Thieves!," thousands of opposition supporters protested Saturday in front of Serbia's state electoral commission over what their leaders said was widespread vote rigging by the ruling populists.
- Tennessee AG to appeal recount order on abortion amendment Updated: Apr-26-16 8:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The office of Tennessee Attorney General Herbert Slatery announced on Tuesday that it is going to appeal a federal judge's ruling requiring a recount of a 2014 vote that made it easier to restrict abortions in the state.
- Abortion rights' advocate looks to amendment recount Updated: Apr-25-16 8:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An amendment to the Tennessee Constitution that would place greater restrictions on abortions is likely to be tossed out now that a judge has ordered a recount of the 2014 ballot approving it, the lead plaintiff in a federal lawsuit challenging the results said Monday.
- Democrats: Don't delay Senate swearing in for Kaminsky Updated: Apr-21-16 12:55 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democrats say the swearing in of New York's newest state senator shouldn't be delayed because Senate Republicans are demanding a full recount in the election on Long Island to replace ex-GOP Senate Leader Dean Skelos, who was convicted of corruption.
- Deadwood mayor wins re-election by a single vote Updated: Apr-14-16 12:07 pm
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Deadwood Mayor Chuck Turbiville has retained his position by a single vote, though the result of Tuesday's city election is still unofficial and likely will be recounted.