- Robin Williams the posthumous star of '3 Still Standing' Updated: Apr-18-15 3:41 am
TORONTO - Before the late Robin Williams enthralled television audiences on "Mork and Mindy," he already was a star on the 1970s stand-up comedy circuit - and by the '80s was a leading light for a new stand-up generation.
- Sarah Jessica Parker returns to HBO with comedy 'Divorce' Updated: Apr-16-15 6:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sarah Jessica Parker's HBO follow-up to "Sex and the City" is a comedy about marital woes.
- Nat Geo network making its first comedy Updated: Apr-15-15 3:50 pm
NEW YORK - The National Geographic Channel, not usually a place you'd look for laughs, is making its first comedy.
- Conservative groups attempting to kill prospective ABC show Updated: Apr-09-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - Conservative groups are trying to kill in the cradle a prospective ABC sitcom about a family upended when a teenage son comes out as gay because sex columnist and gay rights activist Dan Savage is involved in the production.
- Billy Crystal, Josh Gad cross swords in FX's "The Comedians" Updated: Apr-08-15 12:14 pm
CULVER CITY, California - A visit to Billy Crystal's offices, in a bungalow on a historic studio lot, could be intimidating. First, there's Crystal himself, star of screen, Broadway and Oscar ceremonies. There's the hit movie posters decorating the walls, including one for the Crystal-Robert De Niro romp, "Analyze This."
- Comedy genius, father of funny commercials Stan Freberg dies Updated: Apr-07-15 7:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - Stan Freberg, the spirited comic genius who lampooned American history in his landmark recordings "The United States of America" and was hailed as the father of the funny commercial, died Tuesday. He was 88.