- Amy Poehler and brother Greg team on new comedy Updated: Apr-08-14 9:56 pm
- NBC sets online talent search for comedy writers Updated: Apr-08-14 8:44 pm
- Ventriloquism comes of age in the digital age Updated: Apr-06-14 1:28 am
- Review: Coogan takes his Partridge to big screen Updated: Apr-02-14 10:13 am
- 'Van Dyke' DVDs spotlight Moore's comedic genius Updated: Apr-01-14 11:55 am
- CBS comedy 'How I Met Your Mother' ends Updated: Mar-31-14 10:28 pm
- NYC mayors turn to comedy at annual show Updated: Mar-20-14 1:13 am
PASADENA, California - Another Poehler sibling is bringing his comedy to television.
PASADENA, California - NBC is launching a national talent search for comedy writers.
MELBOURNE, Florida - You've probably heard the famous ventriloquist routine, the one where an audience member berates a performer for his caustic humor.
LOS ANGELES - Comedian Steve Coogan steps back into his comfort zone with this first feature-length outing for his long-running signature character, Alan Partridge, a satirical creation born over 20 years ago on BBC radio and television. "Alan Partridge" is a sharply scripted comic thriller that playfully references Hollywood blueprints with the same affectionate irony that Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright use in their trans-Atlantic genre homages. There are subtle allusions to "Dog Day Afternoon," ''Die Hard" and "Falling Down" here, drawing comic energy from the pointed contrast between these big-city thrillers and this film's cozy setting in the sleepy provincial English city of Norwich.
NEW YORK - Like any "Dick Van Dyke Show" fan, he's happy to catch an occasional rerun of the show while flipping channels.
NEW YORK - In its 208th and final episode on Monday, the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother" finally revealed the mystery contained in its title and then ended with a twist designed to reward longtime fans.
NEW YORK - Rudolph Giuliani donning drag. Edward Koch stepping out of the mouth of a man-eating plant. Michael Bloomberg wearing a harness and flying 20 feet in the air while dressed as Spiderman.