- Review: In Key & Peele's 'Keanu,' the true gangster has paws Updated: Apr-28-16 2:13 pm
If you dropped a cute kitten into Michael Mann's "Heat," would Robert De Niro have gone all soft and goo-goo eyed? Might Wesley Snipes' drug empire in "New Jack City" been brought to its knees by a cuddly face with whiskers? Could Al Pacino's rage in "Scarface" have been melted away by a feline "little friend"?
- Martin Short, Derek Hough join cast of 'Hairspray Live!' Updated: Apr-27-16 4:51 pm
NEW YORK - Comedian Martin Short and dancer Derek Hough have leapt aboard the cast of NBC's "Hairspray Live!" on Dec. 7.
- Turkey's Erdogan chases critics at home and abroad Updated: Apr-26-16 7:13 am
ISTANBUL - Ebru Umar was sleeping in her summer residence on Turkey's Aegean coast when police arrived at her door and took her away for questioning about two of her tweets that were deemed offensive to Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- 'Saturday Night Live' airs Prince tribute show Updated: Apr-24-16 5:58 am
NEW YORK - NBC's "Saturday Night Live" has aired a special tribute show titled "Goodnight Sweet Prince."
- 'Shades' of meaning as W. Kamau Bell probes cultural divides Updated: Apr-21-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - "America's Best Bigots" is NOT the name of W. Kamau Bell's new CNN series - "although that would be a great name for a show," says the popular black comedian who hosts it.
- BET comedy goes behind the scenes at comic tour Updated: Apr-20-16 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - George Lopez, D.L. Hughley, Cedric the Entertainer, Eddie Griffin and Charlie Murphy will be making a series for the BET Network on the behind-the-scenes world of a comedy tour.
- British comedian Victoria Wood dies of cancer at 62 Updated: Apr-20-16 12:31 pm
LONDON - Victoria Wood, a British comedian who found humor in everyday life and blazed a trail for other female comics, has died. She was 62.
- Goodbye, Lake Wobegon: 'Prairie Home' is getting a new host Updated: Apr-12-16 6:54 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - No more Guy Noir, Private Eye. No more tales of Dusty and Lefty, the luckless cowboys. And no more weekly "News From Lake Wobegon," the imaginary Minnesota town famous for strong women, good-looking men and above-average children.
- Sketch-comedy series 'MADtv' returning to TV, satire intact Updated: Apr-11-16 4:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sketch comedy series "MADtv" is making a comeback.
- Lopez says San Antonio incident is fodder for his series Updated: Apr-01-16 2:41 pm
NEW YORK - Comic George Lopez says he plans to use the recent flap over his remark about San Antonio as fodder for his new comedy on TV Land, which is loosely based on his life.
- Smithsonian to include 2 Cosby items in new history museum Updated: Mar-29-16 5:59 pm
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian and Bill Cosby can't seem to escape one another.