- Europe's Altice enters US cable frenzy with Suddenlink deal Updated: May-20-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - There's a new player in the U.S. cable dating game.
- Charter, Bright House extend negotiations over $10.4 B deal Updated: May-18-15 2:47 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Charter Communications plans to take more time to negotiate its $10.4 billion purchase of fellow cable provider Bright House Networks, but the companies say they remain committed to reaching a deal under the terms announced earlier this spring.
- American viewers getting more chances to watch cycling on TV Updated: May-15-15 4:52 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The explosive growth of cable sports networks over the past two decades has helped to bring the predominantly European sport of cycling to more and more Americans, from the fanatics to the casual viewer who may not know a peloton from a derailleur.
- University of Hawaii to get academic research network funds Updated: May-13-15 12:43 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The University of Hawaii is getting a $4.6 million grant from the National Science Foundation so it can invest in an international submarine cable network.
- 1 alleged ringleader in cable TV ID theft turns self in Updated: May-07-15 7:10 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - One of the 11 people accused in a cable TV ID theft case is in a New York State jail, and one of the two alleged ringleaders has surrendered in Caddo Parish, the Caddo Parish sheriff's spokeswoman says.
- Manhole explodes by New York's Penn Station; hotel evacuated Updated: May-06-15 4:55 pm
NEW YORK - A manhole explosion near New York City's Penn Station has led to the evacuations of a hotel and the studios of Al Jazeera America. It also has snarled traffic and affected area phone, Internet and cable service.
- Cablevision CEO wants New York cable deal Updated: May-06-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The CEO of Cablevision said he wants deals with New York cable operators.
- Comcast now has more Internet than cable customers Updated: May-04-15 9:15 am
NEW YORK - Just before its $45 billion deal with Time Warner Cable collapsed over regulators' fears about a giant cable company's control over the Web, Comcast was racking up more Internet customers.
- Cable TV pioneer's new company turns air moisture into water Updated: May-04-15 6:28 am
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts - A New England cable TV pioneer is in the beginning stages of a new venture aimed at transforming moisture in the atmosphere into drinkable water.
- The Latest: Mayweather-Pacquiao close going into late rounds Updated: May-03-15 12:42 am
LAS VEGAS - 9:38 p.m. (12:38 a.m.) Round 10
- Police: No plans to go after 3,600 customers in cable scheme Updated: Apr-29-15 6:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Caddo Parish sheriff's investigators aren't going after 3,600 cable subscribers who apparently signed contracts under other people's names, a spokeswoman for the sheriff says.
- Big price, big expectations for Mayweather-Pacquiao pay TV Updated: Apr-29-15 7:25 am
LAS VEGAS - George Foreman was fighting Evander Holyfield for the heavyweight title, and anyone wanting to watch it in April 1991 had to plan ahead.
- Ringside tickets bound for the recognizable, rich, lucky Updated: Apr-28-15 3:49 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tickets are at such a premium to see Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao's long-awaited matchup that all of those seated at ringside will be the recognizable, the rich - and the very lucky.
- Lauer, DeGeneres team for racy Daytime Emmys opening Updated: Apr-27-15 3:04 am
LOS ANGELES - Matt Lauer and Ellen DeGeneres helped the Daytime Emmys make a gender-bending return to television with a comedy bit involving pasties and black stockings - and not worn by DeGeneres.
- Winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contests Updated: Apr-25-15 10:37 pm
- Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tank' episode Updated: Apr-25-15 3:35 am
WESTBROOK, Connecticut - Four years ago, Greg Myerson received a form from ABC's "Shark Tank." Thinking nothing of it, he left it on his kitchen table, where it stayed until a friend urged him to fill it out.
- Winners and losers of the demise of the big Comcast deal Updated: Apr-24-15 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - In the aftermath of Comcast's decision to walk away from buying Time Warner Cable, some winners and losers are emerging.
- Dr. Oz mounts spirited defense against critical letter Updated: Apr-23-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - Dr. Mehmet Oz says last week's attack by 10 doctors who accused him of promoting "quack treatments" on his TV show was spurred by his vocal support for labeling genetically modified foods - a stance he says some if not all of those accusers oppose.