- SD birth rate on the rise after recession slump Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- Heroin deaths in W.Va. doubled since 2010 Updated: Apr-05-14 10:05 am
- Health gap persists in Central Oregon Updated: Apr-04-14 12:37 pm
- Kentucky lawmakers battle over cancer funding Updated: Mar-27-14 4:25 pm
- State issues simplified report on Arkansas health Updated: Mar-25-14 1:06 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's birth rate is on the rise after seeing a slump caused by the economic prospects during the recession.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Some states, including West Virginia, are reporting a rise in heroin use as many addicts shift from more costly and harder-to-get prescription opiates to this cheaper alternative. A look at what's happening in West Virginia:
BEND, Oregon - New data on smoking rates, obesity, poverty and other health factors highlight the large health gap among Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson counties.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Earlier this month Kentucky lawmakers Dan Seum and Rocky Adkins - both cancer survivors - spoke at a news conference advocating for an extra $1 million to expand a state colon cancer screening program.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A new report on health concerns in Arkansas should be easy for the general public to understand and will educate Arkansans on specific issues in their communities, the state Department of Health said.