- Los Angeles County death rate dips 19 percent Updated: Dec-02-13 4:21 pm
- HIV rates in Haiti drop over decade Updated: Dec-01-13 2:01 pm
- NM's infant mortality rate on the rise Updated: Nov-27-13 4:04 pm
- Sanders highlights differences in life expectancy Updated: Nov-21-13 6:13 am
- China: Birth limits still needed despite easing Updated: Nov-19-13 8:40 am
- RI working to reduce premature births Updated: Nov-14-13 11:52 am
- Syrian civil war prompts polio vaccination effort Updated: Nov-13-13 2:26 pm
- Pa. hospitals report fewer heart-surgery deaths Updated: Nov-11-13 12:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County's death rate has dropped 19 percent in a decade - greater than the national decline of 13 percent.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince says the number of Haitians who have tested positive for HIV has declined over the past decade.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico health officials are worried about an increase in the state's infant mortality rate.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders is highlighting a new report from an arm of the National Academies that says Americans in some neighborhoods have lower life expectancies than people living in countries like Ethiopia and Sudan.
BEIJING - China has no intention of abandoning family planning controls soon despite announcing it would ease the one-child policy, a government spokesman said Tuesday, adding that the policy could be loosened further in the future.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is making strides in reducing the number of babies born prematurely.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - Health officials are rushing to vaccinate millions of children from Egypt to Turkey, fearing a polio outbreak in Syria could spread as tens of thousands of refugees flee the civil war.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Patients undergoing heart surgery are faring better at Pennsylvania hospitals than they did seven years ago, according to a new report.