- Infant mortality falls faster in Mississippi than nationwide Updated: Nov-29-15 6:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's infant mortality rate is falling faster than the national rate, but is still high, said the state health officer, Dr. Mary Currier.
- Pittsburgh club aids Kenyan mothers-to-be who lack supplies Updated: Nov-28-15 10:52 am
PITTSBURGH - Women who give birth in U.S. hospitals often pack a bag filled with items to ease the pains of delivery - soothing music, a memory book, a pair of comfy slippers.
- Health officials pleased with state's HPV vaccination rate Updated: Nov-20-15 12:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Health Department officials say nearly three-quarters of all Rhode Island seventh grade students received the state-mandated HPV vaccine by the beginning of this school year.
- March of Dimes gives West Virginia D for premature births Updated: Nov-05-15 9:27 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The March of Dimes gives West Virginia low marks for preventing premature births.
- Data shows infant mortality rate in state hits record low Updated: Nov-05-15 3:46 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Recent data shows the infant mortality rate in South Carolina hit an all-time low in 2014 while infant mortality among black babies in the state climbed higher last year.
- Study: Deaths rates rising in middle-aged whites Updated: Nov-02-15 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. death rate has been falling for decades, but researchers have detected one group in which the rates have been steadily ticking up - middle-aged white people. Suicides and deaths from drug overdose and alcohol abuse are being blamed.