- Panel backs bill aimed at boosting Maine vaccination rates Updated: May-22-15 3:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative committee endorsed a bill Friday that seeks to bolster vaccination rates among schoolchildren but lawmakers balked at an effort to prohibit parents from using the philosophical exemption to send their unvaccinated kids to school.
- Study: Vitamin B3 may help prevent certain skin cancers Updated: May-13-15 5:18 pm
For the first time, a large study suggests that a vitamin might modestly lower the risk of the most common types of skin cancer in people with a history of these relatively harmless yet troublesome growths.
- Nebraska has fifth-highest birth rate in the nation Updated: May-10-15 5:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska has the fifth-highest birth rate in the nation.
- Among Hispanics, Puerto Ricans seem to have worst health Updated: May-05-15 2:20 pm
NEW YORK - Among Hispanic groups in the United States, Puerto Ricans appear to have the worst health, according to a government report released Tuesday.
- Indiana set to start grant program to reduce infant deaths Updated: May-05-15 3:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A new state grant program aimed at trying to reduce Indiana's infant mortality rate is set to start this summer.
- Minnesota infant deaths reflect racial gap Updated: Apr-30-15 3:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A new report from Minnesota health officials says babies born to black mothers are more than twice as likely to die in infancy as children born to white mothers, giving the state one of the widest infant mortality gaps in the nation.
- Fatal opioid overdose rate higher than US average in RI Updated: Apr-29-15 1:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials say nearly 240 people fatally overdosed last year in Rhode Island and more than 90 percent of those involved opioids.