- Nebraska Asian-American population growth outpaces Hispanics Updated: Jun-25-15 11:06 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's Hispanic population saw its smallest growth last year since an immigration wave to the state began more than two decades ago, while Asian-Americans became the state's fastest-growing demographic.
- AG rules UK should release records in 2 cases Updated: Jun-23-15 9:11 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Kentucky Attorney General's office says the state's flagship university should release records in cases dealing with animal research and cancer statistics.
- Report: West Virginia has top rate of drug overdose deaths Updated: Jun-17-15 10:07 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A report on injury prevention says West Virginia has by far the highest rate of drug overdose deaths in the nation.
- Is baby recession over? US births up after years of decline Updated: Jun-17-15 2:22 am
NEW YORK - It appears the baby recession really is over: Preliminary figures show U.S. births were up last year for the first time in seven years.
- India, China need cleaner air just to keep death rate steady Updated: Jun-16-15 10:31 am
NEW DELHI - Never mind lowering the rate of death from air pollution in India and China. Just keeping those rates steady will demand urgent action to clear the skies, according to a report published Tuesday.
- Overpopulated Egypt seeks to reduce fertility rate by 2030 Updated: Jun-09-15 11:43 am
CAIRO - Egypt aims to reduce its surging fertility rate over the next 15 years, a government minister said Tuesday, in an effort to address overpopulation concerns in the Arab world's most populous country.
- Utah's abortion rate dropped 16 percent in recent years Updated: Jun-07-15 12:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The annual number of abortions has decreased by 16 percent in Utah since 2010, mirroring a national trend, an Associated Press survey has found.
- Hospital's pediatric program investigated after CNN report Updated: Jun-07-15 4:02 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A South Florida hospital is being probed after a report that its pediatric cardiac surgery program has a mortality rate far above the national average.