- Health officials say increased obesity rate a 1-year blip Updated: Sep-22-15 7:24 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota health officials say the small increase in the state's obesity rate is disappointing, given the investments in walking paths, farmers markets and other strategies to promote healthy living.
- Report: Vermont 6th best in nation in adult obesity rate Updated: Sep-21-15 2:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rank Vermont sixth best in the nation overall in its adult obesity rate.
- Study: West Virginia has 2nd highest obesity rate Updated: Sep-21-15 2:06 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia has the second-highest rate of obesity among adults in the nation, according to a report released Monday.
- State obesity rates hold steady; 30 pct or more in 22 states Updated: Sep-21-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - New government data shows that in most states, the rate of adult obesity is not moving.
- CDC: State's vaccination rates for kids some of best in US Updated: Sep-15-15 9:54 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's childhood immunization rates are among the highest in the nation, according to federal health officials.
- UN: Rate of child deaths drops by half - but misses UN goal Updated: Sep-08-15 8:23 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The rate of child deaths around the world has dropped by more than half since 1990 - but not enough to reach the United Nations goal of a two-thirds reduction by 2015, according to a new report released Tuesday evening.
- New Mexico vaccination rates reach record high Updated: Sep-04-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico health officials say vaccination rates among toddlers reached an all-time high last year.