- University of Minnesota summarizes gender equity findings Updated: Oct-03-15 3:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota has released a summary report that hints at a consultant's findings about gender equity in its athletics department.
- Utah State University to prepare at-risk kids for college Updated: Oct-03-15 2:36 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State University is using a $32 million grant to launch a program that will track thousands of middle schoolers with the goal of keeping them on a college-bound path.
- Colorado schools expand search for teachers Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 pm
DENVER - About 1,000 freshly minted teachers graduated in Colorado last year with credentials in elementary education.
- 3 finalists for University of Arkansas chancellor named Updated: Oct-03-15 12:48 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville has announced three finalists for the chancellor's job.
- Tulsa professors work to make edible algae for space travel Updated: Oct-03-15 12:32 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Professors and students at the University of Tulsa are developing a system to help astronauts grow their own food during future space missions.
- Fall enrollment down 4.3 percent at University of Montana Updated: Oct-03-15 12:28 pm
- UAS tries to draw students as programs fall to budget cuts Updated: Oct-03-15 10:51 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - While programs and construction projects are dwindling due to budget cuts, the University of Alaska Southeast is looking at enrollment as a way to continue contributing to the Juneau economy in the long run.
- Michigan fraternity rolling tub 170 miles to help hospital Updated: Oct-03-15 10:12 am
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - Members of a college fraternity are on a roll between two of the largest cities in the Upper Peninsula.
- State operation targets underage college drinking Updated: Oct-03-15 9:41 am
BOSTON - The state is hoping to crack down on underage drinking on college campuses.
- 2 globe-trotting college professors bring world to class Updated: Oct-03-15 9:41 am
MIDDLETOWN, Virginia - When Ann and Robert "Rob" Simpson took a group of Lord Fairfax Community College students to the Galapagos Islands for a three-week educational visit, their tour guide showed up in a mini skirt and go-go boots.
- She's made books her life: Idaho's Librarian of the Year Updated: Oct-03-15 9:31 am
MOSCOW, Idaho - Lynn Baird worked her first library job as an undergraduate student at University of Pacific, putting labels on the spines of books.
- Softball players sue NY college, ex-coach for sex harassment Updated: Oct-02-15 8:28 pm
NEW YORK - Three members of the Nyack College women's softball team sued the Christian school Friday, saying it failed to protect them from a former coach who sexually harassed them and invited them to get life coaching from a pornographic actress.
- Federal Way wants WSU branch campus Updated: Oct-02-15 6:44 pm
FEDERAL WAY, Washington - Federal Way would like to bring a branch campus of Washington State University to south King County, about 10 miles from the University of Washington's Tacoma campus.
- Iowa City Beer Band tradition faces criticism over lyrics Updated: Oct-02-15 6:38 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa officials are denying any affiliation with a brass band facing criticism for allegedly sexually offensive lyrics.
- Moody's says Kansas school funding law stresses districts Updated: Oct-02-15 4:58 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A major financial rating agency describes Kansas' new school funding law as "negative" for its credit and says it is stressing some local districts.
- UW reports fewer sex offenses but more stalking in 2014 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:57 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The number of reported forcible sex offenses dropped at the University of Wyoming last year, but stalking cases more than doubled, according to the university's annual crime report released this week.
- UVM gets $20 million donation; renames business school Updated: Oct-02-15 4:36 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont has received a $20 million donation - its largest individual gift ever - and renamed its business school after the donor.
- Former swimmer sues over alleged hazing at Kentucky Western Updated: Oct-02-15 3:45 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A former Western Kentucky swimmer whose allegations of hazing led to a five-year suspension of the school's program says in a federal lawsuit that he suffered physical, mental and emotional abuse at the hands of teammates.
- Kansas education commissioner says schools need to change Updated: Oct-02-15 3:19 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Kansas' new commissioner of education says schools need to become more focused on the student, not the system.
- Crime reports increase at University of New Mexico Updated: Oct-02-15 1:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A safety report from the University of New Mexico shows the number of aggravated assault and stalking reports more than doubled on campus last year.
- MU graduate students take further steps toward unionizing Updated: Oct-02-15 12:13 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Graduate workers at the University of Missouri's flagship campus in Columbia are moving closer to unionizing.
- Campus safety report places emphasis on sexual violence Updated: Oct-02-15 11:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Newly implemented requirements governing how colleges and universities respond to sexual violence have contributed to the thickening of yearly mandated campus safety reports.
- Valley City State University inaugurates new president Updated: Oct-02-15 11:15 am
VALLEY CITY, North Dakota - New Valley City State University President Tisa Mason has officially taken the reins.
- Power restored after widespread outage on KU campus Updated: Oct-02-15 9:27 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The lights are back on at the University of Kansas after an electrical circuit failure caused widespread outages at the Lawrence campus.
- Food poisoning sickened guests at Syracuse-area reception Updated: Oct-02-15 9:20 am
SYRACUSE, New York - State health officials say food poisoning caused an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness that sickened about three dozen people attending a wedding reception outside Syracuse two months ago.