- Obama, Biden announce $600M for job grants Updated: Apr-16-14 5:54 pm
- Deal signs medical school scholarship regulation Updated: Apr-16-14 5:39 pm
- Schauer releases plan to raise education funding Updated: Apr-16-14 5:36 pm
- Missouri lawmakers pass tax cut; veto possible Updated: Apr-16-14 5:15 pm
- Illinois-Chicago, faculty union reach agreement Updated: Apr-16-14 5:11 pm
- Iowa signs junior college PG Dickerson Updated: Apr-16-14 4:00 pm
- New SAT: What will those questions look like? Updated: Apr-16-14 3:43 pm
- Bachmann to give commencement speech at ORU Updated: Apr-16-14 1:59 pm
- NH's community colleges lowering tuition this fall Updated: Apr-16-14 1:40 pm
- Auburn cancels classes over alleged threat Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Supreme Court hears school tax credit challenge Updated: Apr-16-14 12:50 pm
- Paul McCartney plans June performance in Lubbock Updated: Apr-16-14 12:39 pm
- Lane Community College numbers fall nearly a third Updated: Apr-16-14 12:28 pm
- Univ. of New Mexico campus to get more lighting Updated: Apr-16-14 11:58 am
- Chrysler set to mark Indiana factory's opening Updated: Apr-16-14 11:23 am
- Brewing program would be first in SC Updated: Apr-16-14 10:29 am
- UMd. proposes conference center next to campus Updated: Apr-16-14 8:04 am
- Professors endorse proposed social media policy Updated: Apr-16-14 7:53 am
- Fraternity misconduct investigated at Marquette Updated: Apr-16-14 6:50 am
- USM Gulf Park reaches record master's enrollment Updated: Apr-16-14 5:37 am
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- Bill would remove legislative OK for commissioner Updated: Apr-16-14 4:07 am
- Artworks by USC faculty, students at auction Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- Grant to fund expansion of Ivy Tech-Kokomo program Updated: Apr-16-14 3:59 am
- Farm to Campus effort adds Campbellsville Updated: Apr-16-14 3:34 am
OAKDALE, Pennsylvania - Emphasizing skills training as key to a growing middle class, President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced $600 million in competitive grants to spur creation of targeted training and apprenticeship programs to help people land good-paying jobs.
ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has signed legislation to expand a scholarship program that will allow more medical students to practice in high need rural areas.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer said Wednesday he would make education his top budget priority, but didn't specify how much he'd spend on schools or universities.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers have given final approval to an income tax cut for individuals and many business owners.
CHICAGO - The head of the University of Illinois at Chicago's faculty union says a tentative contract agreement has been reached with the school administration.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa has signed junior college point guard Trey Dickerson to a letter of intent.
WASHINGTON - Calculate the foreign exchange rate a vacationing American would pay in India. Estimate from a random sample the number of 18- to 34-year olds who voted for a candidate. These are sample questions from the newly redesigned SAT, which aims for more real-world applications and analysis from students.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Republican Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann is set to give the commencement address at this spring's graduation ceremony at Oral Roberts University.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Community colleges in New Hampshire are lowering their tuition this fall by 5 percent starting this fall.
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University canceled classes Wednesday over a threatening message found in a campus restroom, school officials said.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Supporters of an education tax credit program that offers scholarships to private and religious schools in New Hampshire packed the Supreme Court chambers for arguments on the constitutionality of the law.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Lubbock and Texas Tech University officials have announced that Paul McCartney will perform in the West Texas city June 14.
EUGENE, Oregon - With an economic recovery underway, students are going into the workforce instead of Lane Community College classrooms, and enrollment has dropped by nearly a third.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico will use state funding to install additional safety lighting on its Albuquerque campus.
TIPTON, Indiana - Chrysler is set to mark the opening of a new transmission plant in central Indiana with a ceremony next month including the company's top executive.
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Something new is brewing on the coast as Horry-Georgetown Technical College will be offering a degree in brewing, the first college degree of its kind in South Carolina.
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - The University of Maryland is proposing a $115 million luxury hotel and conference center next to campus.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - More than 80 distinguished professors have endorsed a new proposed social media policy for Kansas universities.
MILWAUKEE - Marquette University officials have issued a warning to three fraternities following allegations of sexual misconduct.
LONG BEACH, Mississippi - The number of students getting a master's degree from the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park campus in Long Beach has reached an all-time high.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Efforts to get state lawmakers out of decision-making over the salary for Louisiana's higher education commissioner are advancing in the Legislature.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Artworks by faculty and students at the University of South Carolina are being auctioned for a good cause.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Ivy Tech's Kokomo Region will get a $3.3 million federal grant to expand a job-training program that serves industrial technology students.
CAMPBELLSVILLE, Kentucky - Campbellsville University has joined the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Farm to Campus program.