- Freund wins World Cup ski jumping event Updated: Mar-09-14 11:32 am
- Norway's Bjoergen wins 30K World Cup race Updated: Mar-09-14 8:59 am
- Japan's Takanashi wins ski jump Updated: Mar-08-14 12:35 pm
- Richardsson wins 50K race Updated: Mar-08-14 9:44 am
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Bardal wins WCup jump event, Stoch still in lead Updated: Mar-07-14 2:03 pm
- USSA Junior Nationals held in Vermont Updated: Mar-05-14 7:06 pm
- Poland's Stoch retains ski jumping lead with win Updated: Mar-04-14 5:19 pm
- Norway's Bjoergen and Sundby win World Cup races Updated: Mar-02-14 9:02 am
- Norwegian Dahl wins ski marathon in Sweden Updated: Mar-02-14 7:29 am
- Freund wins ski jump, Prevc takes lead Updated: Feb-28-14 2:50 pm
- Rydzek wins WCup Nordic combined, Frenzel in lead Updated: Feb-28-14 12:23 pm
- Ski jumper Iraschko-Stolz out after knee surgery Updated: Feb-26-14 7:57 am
- Ski jumper Morgenstern ends season after Olympics Updated: Feb-24-14 2:59 pm
- Jackson Hole boys, girls win Nordic skiing titles Updated: Feb-24-14 10:09 am
- Bjoergen, Cologna star in cross-country in Sochi Updated: Feb-24-14 1:30 am
- Canada rules rink, a flame dies, an Olympics ends Updated: Feb-23-14 2:04 pm
- Column: A pop quiz for things learned in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 12:15 pm
- On home ice and snow, Russians win medals tally Updated: Feb-23-14 11:54 am
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- IOC confident in success of anti-doping program Updated: Feb-23-14 10:16 am
- Bjoerndalen's farewell highlights Olympic biathlon Updated: Feb-23-14 7:17 am
- Legkov leads Russian sweep of 50K race at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 6:27 am
- Russia clinches medals title Updated: Feb-23-14 4:54 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Russia clinches medals title Updated: Feb-23-14 4:28 am
OSLO, Norway - Severin Freund of Germany took his fourth World Cup title of the season as he won the large hill ski jumping event Sunday in Oslo.
OSLO, Norway - Norway's Marit Bjoergen won the women's 30-kilometer classical race at Holmenkollen on Sunday in dominating style.
OSLO, Norway - Japan teenage ski jumper Sara Takanashi won her 13th World Cup of the season at Holmenkollen on Saturday.
OSLO, Norway - Sweden's Daniel Richardsson showed his strength Saturday when winning the classic 50-kilometer race at Holmenkollen in 2 hours 7 minutes and 29.5 seconds with a strong sprint finish, beating World Cup leader Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway on the final straight.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
TRONDHEIM, Norway - Anders Bardal of Norway won Friday's ski jump event ahead of Austria's Andreas Kofler and Noriaki Kasai of Japan but Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland kept his lead in the overall World Cup standings.
STOWE, Vermont - A week after the Winter Olympics came to a close, possible future Olympians from around the country are competing in the USSA Junior National Cross-Country Skiing Championships.
HELSINKI - Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland won the ski jumping event at the Kuopio Ski Games on Tuesday to increase his lead in the overall World Cup standings.
LAHTI, Finland - Norway's triple Olympic gold medalist Marit Bjoergen and Olympic bronze medalist Martin Johnsrud Sundby dominated cross-country skiing World Cup races on Sunday.
MORA, Sweden - Norwegian John Kristian Dahl won the cross-country ski marathon Vasaloppet in Sweden after a dramatic sprint.
HELSINKI - Severin Freund of Germany won the ski jumping event at the Lahti Ski Games on Friday, but Peter Prevc of Slovenia went into the lead in the overall standings.
HELSINKI - Johannes Rydzek of Germany won his first Nordic combined World Cup event Friday at the Lahti Ski Games, with Eric Frenzel maintaining his lead in the overall standings.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Olympic ski jumping silver medalist Daniela Iraschko-Stolz of Austria will miss the remainder of the World Cup season following knee surgery.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Austrian ski jumper Thomas Morgenstern will skip the remaining 10 World Cup events this season in order to rest after recovering in time from a ski flying crash to compete at the Sochi Olympics.
JACKSON, Wyoming - Jackson Hole High School is the winner of both the boys and girls divisions at the state Nordic skiing tournament.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marit Bjoergen is still in a class of her own in women's cross-country skiing, although perhaps not quite as dominant as she was four years ago.
SOCHI, Russia - The Olympic flame was snuffed out. No chance of that for the Canadian hockey team, champions again.
SOCHI, Russia - You've just spent two weeks of your life watching things you won't even think about for another four years.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's post-Soviet athletic decline hit bottom at the Vancouver Olympics, where the once dominant winter sporting nation left with only three gold medals and the daunting task of rebuilding its team in time to host the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - At the midpoint of the Sochi Games, not yet marred by a single case of doping, the IOC's top medical official said its efforts to catch drug cheats were so successful they had scared them all away.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Weather worries. Track troubles. Ukraine's unity. Domracheva dominating. And Bjoerndalen being brilliant.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Legkov made sure the Russian flag finally flew highest at the Sochi cross-country skiing venue - and for these entire Olympic Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Legkov's victory in the men's 50-kilometer cross-country race Sunday clinched the overall medals title for the host nation at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - When Alexander Legkov crossed the finish line to win the men's 50-kilometer cross-country race on Sunday, it wasn't just a victory for him. It was a victory for all of Russia.