- Years will be needed to gauge efforts to cut Lake Erie algae Updated: Jul-05-15 3:05 pm
PERRYSBURG, Ohio - State agriculture and environmental leaders have made a number of changes to attack toxic algae in western Lake Erie, most notably prohibiting farmers in northwestern Ohio from spreading manure on frozen and rain-soaked fields and requiring training before they can use commercial fertilizers.
- Algae warning issued for western Nebraska reservoir Updated: Jul-03-15 8:30 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - State health and environment officials have issued a health alert for toxic blue-green algae at Sutherland Reservoir in Lincoln County.
- Minnesota officials warn of toxic algae after child sickened Updated: Jul-03-15 6:19 am
ALEXANDRIA, Minnesota - Minnesota health officials are warning of the dangers of toxic blue-green algae after they say a child was taken to a hospital after swimming in a central Minnesota lake that had the bacteria.
- Officials issue blue-green algae warning for 6 Kansas lakes Updated: Jul-03-15 4:56 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has issued a warning of high levels of toxic blue-green algae for six lakes.
- Red algae a concern in some areas on NC coast Updated: Jun-30-15 9:53 am
FORT FISHER, North Carolina - Red algae are becoming more of a problem along some parts of the North Carolina coast.
- Health advisory issued over Lake Billy Chinook's toxic algae Updated: Jun-26-15 3:11 pm
BEND, Oregon - Health officials are warning people to avoid contact with water in Central Oregon's Lake Billy Chinook, where potentially harmful concentrations of blue-green algae and its toxins have been detected.
- Weeds dying at lake, but to remain a pain over the summer Updated: Jun-26-15 12:32 pm
OKOBOJI, Iowa - An invasive plant that has spread through one of Iowa's Great Lakes has started dying, but it will remain a nuisance for much of the summer.
- Northern Ohio city: stay away from algae-filled reservoirs Updated: Jun-25-15 3:34 am
NORWALK, Ohio - A city in northern Ohio is telling residents to stay away from the water in two of its reservoirs because of harmful algae.
- Kansas health officials issue algae warnings for 3 lakes Updated: Jun-19-15 5:04 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Health officials are warning the public about a toxic algae bloom in three lakes in Kansas.
- OSU researchers say algae blooms can travel in running water Updated: Jun-17-15 12:31 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Researchers say toxic blue-green algae blooms can slip through dams and ride rivers all the way to the ocean.
- State removes blue-green algae warning for lake Updated: Jun-17-15 6:49 am
RINDGE, New Hampshire - The state has removed a warning about blue-green algae blooms in Lake Monomonac in Rindge, saying water samples had no visible sign of cyanobacteria.
- States agree to cut pollutants behind Lake Erie algae Updated: Jun-12-15 5:22 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio and Michigan have agreed to sharply reduce phosphorus runoff blamed for a rash of harmful algae blooms on Lake Erie that have contaminated drinking water supplies and contributed to oxygen-deprived dead zones where fish can't survive.
- Algae warnings posted at Ohio's largest inland lake again Updated: Jun-08-15 2:17 pm
ST. MARYS, Ohio - Water warnings for swimmers are up again around Ohio's largest inland lake.
- Dog dies from toxic blue-green algae in Douglas County Updated: Jun-06-15 12:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota residents are being advised to avoid going into a Douglas County lake because of toxic blue-green algae.
- Algae forces state to shut Squantz Pond beach Updated: Jun-05-15 11:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State environmental officials say the beach at Squantz Pond State Park has been closed to swimmers because of blue-green algae that can emit toxins possibly harmful to people and dogs.