- 2017 NHL draft to be held in Chicago Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - The 2017 NHL draft is coming to the United Center. And there is no coach's challenge to take that one away from Chicago.
- Illinois News Digest Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
Good afternoon. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Illinois at 6 p.m. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Chicago bureau at 312-781-0500 or email@example.com. Herbert McCann is staffing the desk. AP-Chicago News Editor Hugh Dellios can be reached at 312-920-3624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blue Jackets sign defenseman Ryan Murray to 2-year extension Updated: Feb-11-16 6:46 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets signed defenseman Ryan Murray to a two-year, $5.65 million contract extension Thursday.
- Bruins say goalie Malcolm Subban has fractured larynx Updated: Feb-11-16 5:45 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins say goaltending prospect Malcolm Subban has a fractured larynx and will miss at least eight weeks.
- Blues' Elliott has been stingy since replacing injured Allen Updated: Feb-11-16 4:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Brian Elliott is on a roll. Too bad the St. Louis Blues have little to show for it.
- That's gold: Bill and Dave Christian medals up for auction Updated: Feb-11-16 3:46 pm
Their Olympic gold medals and other memorabilia have been spending more time in safety deposit boxes than on display, so Bill Christian and Dave Christian decided the time was right to auction them off.
- Illinois News Digest Updated: Feb-11-16 2:30 pm
Good afternoon. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Illinois at 1:30 p.m. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Chicago bureau at 312-781-0500 or email@example.com. Herbert McCann is staffing the desk. AP-Chicago News Editor Hugh Dellios can be reached at 312-920-3624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obama hosting Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks at White House Updated: Feb-11-16 1:39 pm
CHICAGO - President Barack Obama will host his hometown Stanley Cup-winning Chicago Blackhawks at the White House next week.
- Red Wings make plans to mark final season at Joe Louis Arena Updated: Feb-11-16 12:20 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings are making plans for the team's final season at Joe Louis Arena.
- Maple Leafs' Kadri fined $5,000 for throat-slashing gesture Updated: Feb-11-16 12:06 pm
- Miller stops 33 shots, Canucks hold off Coyotes 2-1 Updated: Feb-11-16 1:08 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Vancouver moms might have to become regulars on the Canucks' road show.
- Lundqvist stops 34 shots, Rangers blank Penguins 3-0 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:14 am
PITTSBURGH - The New York Rangers are missing their captain and one of their leading scorers. They still have one of the best goaltenders in the league.
- Dion Phaneuf loses in Senators debut 3-1 against Red Wings Updated: Feb-10-16 10:44 pm
DETROIT - Dion Phaneuf skated backward, swiveled his hips from left to right and fell on one of his first shifts with the Ottawa Senators.
- Schwartz set to return from broken ankle for Blues Updated: Feb-10-16 5:49 pm
ST. LOUIS - Starving for offense, the St. Louis Blues are about to get one of their top skill players back.
- Sabres place Girgensons on IR, call up Bailey from minors Updated: Feb-10-16 4:37 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have placed forward Zemgus Girgensons on injured reserve and called up forward Justin Bailey from the minors.
- 'Great Expansion' of 1967 showed NHL was for real Updated: Feb-10-16 3:02 pm
The NHL's "great expansion" of 1967 delivered hockey to California, led to the "Broad Street Bullies" and legitimized the league as a major force in North American professional sports.
- AP Source: Los Angeles Kings place Ehrhoff on waivers Updated: Feb-10-16 1:34 pm
A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that the Los Angeles Kings have placed veteran defenseman Christian Ehrhoff on waivers.
- Grin and bear it: NHL players say losing teeth part of game Updated: Feb-10-16 10:28 am
When Brent Burns packs his bags for road trips, the San Jose Sharks defenseman often leaves something behind: his cosmetic teeth.
- Grin and bear it: NHL players say losing teeth part of game Updated: Feb-10-16 8:23 am
When Brent Burns packs his bags for road trips, the San Jose Sharks defenseman often leaves something behind: His cosmetic teeth.
- Short-handed Flames hold on for 4-3 win over Maple Leafs Updated: Feb-10-16 1:30 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Flames center Markus Granlund made the most of his opportunity after three teammates were benched.
- Johansson has goal, 2 assists as Caps beat Predators 5-3 Updated: Feb-10-16 1:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A return to Nashville for Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz was nice, but winning was even better.
- Horvat's 2 points lead Canucks past Avalanche 3-1 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:44 am
DENVER - The Vancouver Canucks got defensive Tuesday night to help stop their four-game skid.
- Scheifele's goal gives Jets 2-1 shootout win over Blues Updated: Feb-10-16 12:43 am
ST. LOUIS - Mark Scheifele looked like a player who had scored plenty of shootout goals. The Winnipeg Jets looked like a team that could play with one of the NHL's best.
- Boucher leads Devils over Oilers 2-1 on Brodeur's big night Updated: Feb-10-16 12:34 am
- Klingberg gives Stars 4-3 win over Wild in OT Updated: Feb-10-16 12:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Kari Lehtonen needed a game like this in goal for the Dallas Stars.