- Wild even series at 2 with 2-1 win vs. Avalanche Updated: Apr-25-14 1:54 am
- LA Kings avoid elimination in 6-3 win over Sharks Updated: Apr-25-14 1:41 am
- Bruins beat Red Wings 3-2 in OT, up 3-1 in series Updated: Apr-25-14 12:05 am
- Rapidly maturing Blue Jackets pushing Penguins Updated: Apr-24-14 8:38 pm
- Red Wings' Henrik Zetterberg in lineup for Game 4 Updated: Apr-24-14 8:11 pm
- Cabrera, Scherzer lead Tigers over White Sox 7-4 Updated: Apr-24-14 7:05 pm
- Blackhawks, Blues prepare for Game 5 Updated: Apr-24-14 6:57 pm
- Senators reject repeal of law on class materials Updated: Apr-24-14 6:55 pm
- Wizards seek real homecourt advantage vs. Bulls Updated: Apr-24-14 6:21 pm
- Canadiens sign Daniel Carr, Connor Crisp Updated: Apr-24-14 4:56 pm
- Suspended Cooke apologizes for kneeing Barrie Updated: Apr-24-14 3:57 pm
- Canadiens face long wait for next playoff series Updated: Apr-24-14 3:44 pm
- Another goalie switch for the Flyers coming up Updated: Apr-24-14 3:35 pm
- Kopitar, Bergeron, Toews finalists for Selke award Updated: Apr-24-14 12:05 pm
- Stars even with Ducks after 4-2 win in Game 4 Updated: Apr-24-14 3:14 am
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Blues, 4-3 in OT Updated: Apr-24-14 2:08 am
- Report: Jacobs have had discussions about Bills Updated: Apr-24-14 12:45 am
- Stars beat Ducks 4-2, even series 2-2 Updated: Apr-24-14 12:24 am
- Dubinsky, Foligno lift CBJ to 1st home playoff win Updated: Apr-23-14 11:26 pm
- Ducks' Robidas won't need surgery on broken leg Updated: Apr-23-14 10:08 pm
- Wild's Matt Cooke gets 7-game suspension from NHL Updated: Apr-23-14 10:06 pm
- Flyers lack punch at home on power play Updated: Apr-23-14 9:30 pm
- Blues C Backes scratched for Game 4 Updated: Apr-23-14 9:21 pm
- Johnson, Palat, MacKinnon up for rookie award Updated: Apr-23-14 9:21 pm
- Ducks without captain Getzlaf, Selanne in Game 4 Updated: Apr-23-14 8:03 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Semyon Varlamov emptied the net with 2:39 left, and a penalty on Minnesota 25 seconds later gave Colorado a two-man advantage.
LOS ANGELES - Justin Williams and Marian Gaborik scored two goals apiece, and the Los Angeles Kings emphatically avoided first-round playoff elimination with a 6-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks in Game 4 on Thursday night.
PITTSBURGH - Dan Byslma can understand getting outplayed. It happens to even the most experienced hockey teams during the long slog postseason slog to the Stanley Cup.
DETROIT - There's little doubt that Miguel Cabrera is one of the best hitters in baseball. And often, it's his massive home runs that fans, players and managers remember.
ST. LOUIS - One more game, and the Chicago Blackhawks will have linchpin defenseman Brent Seabrook back in the lineup.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An attempt to repeal a six-year-old law that permits public school science teachers to use instructional material outside a classroom's adopted textbook was rejected Thursday by the Senate Education Committee.
WASHINGTON - If empty seats are any indication, the Washington Wizards are just as big of a surprise in their own city as they are to the rest of the NBA.
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens signed Union College scoring leader Daniel Carr and Ontario Hockey League forward Connor Crisp to entry-level contracts Thursday.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild left wing Matt Cooke apologized Thursday for the knee-to-knee hit on Tyson Barrie that sidelined the Colorado Avalanche defenseman for at least a month, saying he did not intend to injure him.
CHICAGO - Patrick Kane had his shot all along. Same for his dazzling puck-handling skills and the vision that sees the plays before they happen.
BUFFALO, New York - The Jacobs family is, in fact, involved in helping secure the Bills' future in Buffalo, and hasn't ruled out getting involved in buying the team.
DALLAS - Dallas Stars center Cody Eakin skated the length of the ice, got around a sliding defender, closed his eyes and shot just before his stick got ripped out of his hands.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In the dressing room after Brandon Dubinsky's late goal forced overtime, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno half-jokingly said he'd get the winner.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The NHL cracked down hard on Matt Cooke, suspending the Minnesota Wild left wing for seven games Wednesday for his knee-to-knee hit that injured Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie.
PHILADELPHIA - Back on their home ice, the Philadelphia Flyers fizzled on the power play.
CHICAGO - St. Louis center David Backes was scratched Wednesday night for Game 4 of the Blues' first-round playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks due to an upper-body injury.
NEW YORK - Tampa Bay Lightning forwards Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat are finalists for the NHL's top rookie award.