- Burakovsky lifts Caps past Rangers 2-1 for 3-1 series lead Updated: May-07-15 12:17 am
WASHINGTON - Back when he was 7, Andre Burakovsky tagged along to watch his father play in a professional hockey game in Sweden. The opposing goalie was none other than Henrik Lundqvist.
- Late goal gives Lightning victory, 3-0 lead on Canadiens Updated: May-06-15 11:32 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Time was running out and the sellout crowd of 19,204 grew impatient, urging the Lightning to take one more crack at Carey Price.
- Vigneault, Hartley, Laviolette are Jack Adams finalists Updated: May-06-15 7:15 pm
- Predators sign goalie Mazanec to one-year, two-way contract Updated: May-06-15 7:02 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed goalie Marek Mazanec to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Canada beats Sweden 6-4 to stay perfect at ice hockey worlds Updated: May-06-15 5:45 pm
PRAGUE - Canada rallied to maintain a perfect record at the ice hockey world championship by beating Sweden 6-4 on Wednesday for its fourth straight victory.
- Kane, Crawford settle back into form for surging Blackhawks Updated: May-06-15 5:25 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The original prognosis for Patrick Kane's surgically repaired collarbone dictated his return for some point during the Western Conference finals, if the Chicago Blackhawks were to advance that far.
- Are bungled VA claims systemic? Senators want agency review Updated: May-06-15 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators on Wednesday urged a wide-scale, independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Backlund's OT goal lifts Flames over Ducks 4-3 Updated: May-06-15 2:03 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Mikael Backlund didn't need to see the biggest goal of his NHL career go in.
- Kane, Crawford carry Blackhawks past Wild 1-0 for 3-0 lead Updated: May-06-15 12:48 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Patrick Kane has been playing like he never left. Corey Crawford has resolutely rebounded from being benched.
- NHL commissioner Bettman can be deposed in lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 10:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman can be deposed to give testimony in a concussion lawsuit, a U.S. District Court ruled Tuesday.
- Canadiens' Brandon Prust apologizes to ref, is fined $5,000 Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust has been fined $5,000 by the NHL for comments he made to referee Brad Watson following Game 2.
- Power outage forces restoration of ice for Blackhawks-Wild Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
- Less 'panic' helps Capitals in 1-goal games against Rangers Updated: May-05-15 7:20 pm
- Wife of LA Kings' Voynov pressed to testify in abuse case Updated: May-04-15 11:10 pm
TORRANCE, California - The wife of Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov has been told she may be held in contempt of court for refusing to testify in a domestic violence case against the two-time Stanley Cup champ.
- Shero hired as New Jersey Devils' general manager Updated: May-04-15 5:44 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - After a 28-year run, Lou Lamoriello is stepping down as the New Jersey Devils general manager and handing the job to Ray Shero.
- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame inducts 9 new members Updated: May-04-15 6:21 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Olympic gold medalist and a 17-year veteran of the NHL were among nine people inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame.
- Ducks top Flames 3-0 in Game 2, stay unbeaten in playoffs Updated: May-04-15 1:51 am
ANAHEIM, California - Six games deep in the Stanley Cup playoffs, nobody has been able to beat the Anaheim Ducks.
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Wild 4-1 Updated: May-04-15 12:47 am
CHICAGO - No. 101 went like so many of the first 100 playoff games for Patrick Kane. A perfect shot at a key moment, another big play at the very end, and a victory for the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Lightning beat Canadiens 6-2 to take 2-0 series lead Updated: May-03-15 11:11 pm
MONTREAL - Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos ended his scoring drought and the Lightning's power-play came to life with four goals - at the expense of the reeling Montreal Canadiens.
- Wild go with Haula to replace injured Fontaine Updated: May-03-15 8:11 pm
- Plouffe slam, 5 RBIs, Twins rout White Sox for 4-game sweep Updated: May-03-15 7:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Extra time with his hitting coach has paid off for Trevor Plouffe.
- Canadiens' Desharnais misses Game 2 vs. Lightning with flu Updated: May-03-15 5:59 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal center David Desharnais was scratched from the lineup Sunday night for Game 2 of the Canadiens' playoff series against Tampa Bay because of the flu.
- Wild will be without Fontaine for Game 2 vs. Hawks Updated: May-02-15 10:14 pm
- Kreider's early goal leads Rangers over Capitals in Game 2 Updated: May-02-15 5:33 pm