- Ryan Getzlaf leads Ducks past Stars 3-2 in Game 2 Updated: Apr-19-14 1:57 am
- Datsyuk's late goal lifts Detroit over Boston 1-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 11:44 pm
- Canadiens top Lightning again for 2-0 series lead Updated: Apr-18-14 11:33 pm
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' Updated: Apr-18-14 7:36 pm
- LA Kings stay calm after opening defensive debacle Updated: Apr-18-14 7:11 pm
- Lundqvist has records, now wants Stanley Cup ring Updated: Apr-18-14 7:06 pm
- Blackhawks, Blues set to go distance again Updated: Apr-18-14 7:05 pm
- Column: no April, May or June Madness in NBA Updated: Apr-18-14 5:47 pm
- Hertl has impressive playoff debut for Sharks Updated: Apr-18-14 5:28 pm
- Flyers could have G Steve Mason back for Game 2 Updated: Apr-18-14 4:05 pm
- 'Miracle on Ice' gold medal to be auctioned Updated: Apr-18-14 11:23 am
- Hawks' Wirtz creates Northwestern endowment fund Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in 3 OTs Updated: Apr-18-14 3:50 am
- Smith brothers to meet in playoffs for 1st time Updated: Apr-18-14 3:35 am
- Stastny leads Avs to 5-4 OT win over Wild Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- Stastny leads Avs to 5-4 OT win over Wild Updated: Apr-18-14 2:26 am
- Power briefly goes out ahead of Sharks-Kings game Updated: Apr-17-14 10:20 pm
- Suns join list of 'best' teams to miss playoffs Updated: Apr-17-14 7:12 pm
- Oshie ruled out for Blues playoff opener Updated: Apr-17-14 5:17 pm
- Now with Pens' attention, Jackets prep for Game 2 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:21 pm
- Mitchell, Sarich out for Avs vs. Wild Updated: Apr-17-14 2:36 pm
- Former UND player to coach Team Canada IIHF squad Updated: Apr-17-14 9:29 am
- UND goalie Gothberg to return for junior season Updated: Apr-17-14 9:26 am
- Anaheim Ducks hold off Stars 4-3 in series opener Updated: Apr-17-14 3:53 am
- Penguins nip Blue Jackets 4-3 in series opener Updated: Apr-16-14 11:34 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ryan Getzlaf wore the strain all over his exhausted face. In the past 51 hours or so, he had taken a slap shot to the jaw, attended the birth of his third child and propelled the Anaheim Ducks to two gritty playoff victories.
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins worked all season to get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.
TAMPA, Florida - The Montreal Canadiens are gaining confidence with every playoff victory.
PHILADELPHIA - Billions of dollars couldn't console Philadelphia 76ers owner Joshua Harris this season. Ok, maybe just a little.
EL SEGUNDO, California - Jonathan Quick realizes that even the NHL's best defensive team is powerless against a few bad bounces of the puck.
ST. LOUIS - A mood of euphoric exhaustion carried over to the next day after the St. Louis Blues won the longest game in franchise history and got the upper hand against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
ATLANTA - ATLANTA - If the playoff-bound Atlanta Hawks were in any other sport, they might have a glimmer of hope for winning a championship.
MINNEAPOLIS - One of the Olympic gold medals earned after the famed "Miracle on Ice" hockey game in 1980 will be auctioned beginning next week.
CHICAGO - Chicago Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz and his wife Marilyn are creating an endowment fund for Northwestern University's theater program.
ST. LOUIS - In the first period, Ryan Miller looked like the goalie who limped home 0-5. For the final 80 minutes, 26 seconds, the St. Louis Blues saw the cool, confident backstop they acquired to make the deep playoff run they've long sought.
TORONTO - Growing up in Toronto's Mimico neighborhood, Brendan and Reilly Smith never played organized hockey together. Just everything else.
DENVER - Paul Stastny sweated out the trade deadline, wondering if his big, expiring contract and Colorado's desire to beef up its blue line might lead to his departure from Denver.
DENVER - Patrick Roy showed as much boldness behind the bench as he once did as a Hall of Fame goaltender.
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns are the "best team not to make the playoffs."
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues have ruled out forward T.J. Oshie for their playoff opener against the Chicago Blackhawks, but Vladimir Tarasenko is set to return after missing 15 games with a broken thumb.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets don't feel they're doomed after blowing a two-goal lead in a Game 1 loss of their first-round Stanley Cup playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Hockey Canada has named former University of North Dakota standout and current Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett as head coach for Team Canada at the upcoming 2014 International Ice Hockey Federation World Championship.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The goalie who helped lead the University of North Dakota to the NCAA Frozen Four is sticking around.
PITTSBURGH - Columbus coach Todd Richards insists his upstart team isn't in the playoffs "just to go to school."