- Hurricanes' CFO out after nearly 35 years with team Updated: May-28-15 8:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Mike Amendola is out as the Carolina Hurricanes' chief financial officer.
- Coyotes sign Plachta to 1-year deal out of Germany Updated: May-28-15 7:46 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have signed German forward Matthias Plachta to a one-year entry-level contract Thursday.
- Bylsma faces big rebuilding challenge in taking over Sabres Updated: May-28-15 7:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The circumstances have changed for Dan Bylsma in taking over as coach of the young and rebuilding Buffalo Sabres.
- Sharks officially announce Peter DeBoer hired as new coach Updated: May-28-15 6:40 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose general manager Doug Wilson was so impressed by Peter DeBoer when he interviewed in 2008 that he moved to the top of the list when the Sharks had to search for a new head coach.
- Blue Jackets sign Goloubef to 2-year contract extension Updated: May-28-15 4:20 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Cody Goloubef to a two-year contract extension through the 2016-17 season, locking him up before he could become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
- Lightning face Rangers with trip to Cup finals on the line Updated: May-28-15 4:09 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - It's one game for a trip to the Stanley Cup finals and the chance to play for hockey's biggest prize.
- NHL: Stanley Cup Final begins Wednesday Updated: May-28-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - The Stanley Cup Final will open on Wednesday with Game 1 in New York, Tampa or Anaheim.
- Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has hip surgery Updated: May-28-15 11:11 am
WASHINGTON - Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has had hip surgery and the team expects him to be ready for next season.
- Blackhawks beat Ducks 5-2 to force Game 7 in West finals Updated: May-28-15 12:09 am
CHICAGO - It is really hard to wear out Duncan Keith. He just keeps going and going and going.
- Blackhawks bench D Kimmo Timonen for Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 8:12 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen is inactive for Game 6 of the Western Conference finals against Anaheim.
- AP Source: Sharks to hire Peter DeBoer as head coach Updated: May-27-15 2:52 pm
- Lightning routed 7-3 by Rangers in Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 12:58 am
TAMPA, Florida - Lightning goalie Ben Bishop admitted that he really doesn't want to watch the tape of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.
- Brassard, Lundqvist lead Rangers past Lightning 7-3 Updated: May-27-15 12:09 am
- Burke: Michael Sam signing with CFL historic moment Updated: May-26-15 7:25 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Brian Burke believes the Montreal Alouettes signing of Michael Sam is a tipping point in professional sports.
- Blues retain Ken Hitchcock as coach for another season Updated: May-26-15 6:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - After careful deliberation, the St. Louis Blues are sticking with veteran coach Ken Hitchcock for another season.
- Seattle arena investor says no hockey-first plan yet Updated: May-26-15 6:01 pm
SEATTLE - Throughout the process, Seattle arena investor Chris Hansen has remained open to the idea of a hockey team being the first tenant for a proposed facility in the city's stadium district even if his focus is on basketball.
- Toews gets 2 to force OT, but Hawks drop Game 5 to Ducks 5-4 Updated: May-26-15 2:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - When Jonathan Toews scored twice in the final seconds to force overtime in Game 5, the Western Conference finals appeared to be bending under the weight of the Chicago Blackhawks' famed playoff tenacity.
- Beleskey scores in OT, Ducks beat Chicago 5-4 in wild Game 5 Updated: May-26-15 1:27 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks stumbled back to their dressing room after regulation in disbelief. Jonathan Toews had just scored two improbable goals in 72 seconds, and Game 5 of the Western Conference finals was headed into an overtime where everything seemed tilted toward Chicago.
- Rangers once again facing elimination, been there, done that Updated: May-25-15 12:11 am
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers will need another comeback to keep their Stanley Cup drive alive.
- Sens. Reed, McCain lead visit to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-24-15 5:22 pm
- Ducks lose 5-4 to Blackhawks in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 1:48 am
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk from minors Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
- Not even helmets help pro bull riders stave off concussions Updated: May-22-15 3:27 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Kasey Hayes hopped on the bovine beast trapped in the narrow holding pen like he'd done hundreds of times. He adjusted a tight rope on his left hand, found his balance and signaled he was ready to dominate the bull for the next eight seconds - or, at least, hoped to.
- Babcock bids emotional farewell in Detroit Updated: May-22-15 2:59 pm