- UFC's Del Rosario critical after heart attack Updated: Nov-27-13 8:23 pm
- FDA overturns safety limits on diabetes drug Updated: Nov-25-13 4:57 pm
- Fla. firefighters rescue 1 of their own Updated: Nov-22-13 6:05 am
- Experts defend new heart attack prevention advice Updated: Nov-18-13 2:36 pm
- US doctors urge wider use of cholesterol drugs Updated: Nov-12-13 9:28 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - UFC fighter Shane del Rosario has suffered a heart attack and is in critical condition at a Southern California hospital.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is lifting severe safety restrictions on the former blockbuster diabetes pill Avandia, citing recent data suggesting that the much-debated medication does not increase the risk of heart attack.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Tallahassee firefighters are being credited with saving one of their own after a colleague suffered a heart attack during an obstacle course.
DALLAS - Heart experts who wrote new guidelines for preventing heart attacks and strokes are defending a formula that some doctors say overestimates risk for certain groups.
The nation's first new guidelines in a decade for preventing heart attacks and strokes call for twice as many Americans - one-third of all adults - to consider taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.