- Conn. lawmakers address student-athlete injuries Updated: Feb-27-14 4:34 pm
- Group wants heart attack warning on testosterone Updated: Feb-25-14 12:06 am
- Suffolk, NY asks CPR trainees to use app Updated: Feb-21-14 7:13 am
- NY man has fatal heart attack from cold water Updated: Feb-12-14 3:04 am
- Panel votes down heart safety claim for naproxen Updated: Feb-11-14 1:32 pm
- FDA reconsiders heart safety of common pain pills Updated: Feb-10-14 4:39 pm
- Men, women often ignore signs of heart disease Updated: Feb-09-14 3:56 pm
- SC teen charged in shooting death of man from NC Updated: Feb-08-14 6:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are considering ways to raise public awareness of dangerous medical conditions that have afflicted student athletes: concussions and cardiac arrests.
WASHINGTON - A consumer advocacy group is calling on the Food and Drug Administration to add a bold warning label to popular testosterone drugs for men in light of growing evidence that the hormone treatments can increase the risk of heart attack.
HAUPPAUGE, New York - Long Island residents who have a heart attack may have a better chance of survival thanks to a new initiative.
WINDSOR, New York - State police say frigid water triggered a fatal heart attack in a 39-year-old man who fell through ice while he was scouting property for trapping in Broome County.
SILVER SPRING, Maryland - A majority of federal health experts said Tuesday that new research is not strong enough to conclude that naproxen, the pain reliever in Aleve and many other medications, is safer on the heart than rival drugs used by millions of Americans to treat arthritis and everyday aches and pains.
WASHINGTON - Federal health experts are taking a second look this week at the heart safety of pain medications used by millions of Americans to treat arthritis and other everyday aches and pains.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The No. 1 killer of men and women is typically the No. 1 thing they ignore.
SENECA, South Carolina - Authorities in Oconee County have charged a teenager in the death of a 21-year-old North Carolina man found near a car with a gunshot wound to the chest.