- Ebola victim's family says hospital's donation falls short Updated: May-04-15 5:52 pm
DALLAS - The family of the only person to die of Ebola in the United States said a Dallas hospital's donation to combat the disease in Africa fell far short of what they hoped.
- Teen's battle with disease a daily routine of drugs, therapy Updated: May-04-15 9:08 am
CLINTON, Indiana - Kierstin Ritchey may look like a typical teenager, but she has been dealing with a "quiet disease" all her life.
- Former sheriff headed to prison to donate political money Updated: May-03-15 12:28 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An attorney for James Metts says the former Lexington County sheriff who's been sentenced to prison plans to give almost $105,000 in unused political contributions to charities.
- Non-profit founder starts project for emergency foster care Updated: May-02-15 10:23 am
LEOMINSTER, Massachusetts - When Tami J. Arguelles was taken by the state from her unsafe, abusive Fitchburg home at age 6 with her then 9-year-old brother, she said she spent the first night at the foster home scared and alone in the dark, unable to even find the bathroom.
- New Mexico research company donates water purifiers to Nepal Updated: Apr-29-15 9:49 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Forty handheld water purifiers are on their way the Nepal, devices that can treat up to 80 gallons of water in a few minutes.
- Attorney general offers earthquake donation tips Updated: Apr-29-15 5:34 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster is asking people to make smart decisions as they consider making donations to help the earthquake recovery effort in Nepal, where more than 4,600 people were killed.
- Animal skins help raise funds to find cancer cure Updated: Apr-27-15 9:34 am
MACY, Indiana - Can coyotes help cure cancer? In the hands of Larry Frank, they can.
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges mistakes in revealing donors Updated: Apr-27-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - The acting chief executive of the Clinton Foundation says the global philanthropy is working quickly to remedy mistakes it made in how it disclosed donors, saying that its policies on transparency and contributions from foreign governments are "stronger than ever."
- NYC Nepali community mourns after devastating Nepal quake Updated: Apr-26-15 5:31 pm
NEW YORK - Nepalis in New York City held vigils and sought ways to help Sunday after a devastating earthquake tore across the tiny South Asian country.
- Hospital workers donate basics to injured in I-80 crashes Updated: Apr-23-15 4:48 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - With donations of everything from diapers to cell phone chargers, hospital personnel pulled together to help dozens of patients arriving from a series of pileups on Interstate 80 between Cheyenne and Laramie.
- Emory Law establishes Rep. John Lewis chair after donation Updated: Apr-21-15 9:50 am
ATLANTA - Emory University's School of Law plans to establish a professorship focused on civil rights named after Georgia Rep. John Lewis.
- Telluride plans to adopt changed panhandling law Updated: Apr-21-15 8:19 am
TELLURIDE, Colorado - Leaders in Telluride plan to adopt rules against aggressive panhandling after making some changes sought the American Civil Liberties Union.
- East Lansing library receives anonymous $1.5M gift Updated: Apr-21-15 6:31 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - East Lansing Mayor Nathan Triplett says an anonymous donor's gift of $1.5 million to the library is easily the largest contribution the city has ever received.
- House OKs tax credits for public, private school donations Updated: Apr-16-15 5:59 pm
HELENA, Montana - Republican representatives have advanced a proposal to provide tax credits for anyone who donates to certain educational programs, both public and private.
- Tips for parents considering helping their child buy a home Updated: Apr-16-15 10:31 am
Rising prices and a dearth of homes for sale in many markets have made it harder for many looking to buy their first home.
- Better luck next year for bills that didn't make it Updated: Apr-14-15 5:14 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - From alcohol licenses to zoning issues, more than 2,300 bills and resolutions were introduced during the 2015 Maryland legislative session that ended Monday night.
- Assembly speaker: People should donate to public radio, TV Updated: Apr-14-15 3:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says people should donate to Wisconsin Public Television and Wisconsin Public Radio in the face of cuts Gov. Scott Walker has proposed in his state budget.
- Church forming account to repay donations from Ponzi schemer Updated: Apr-09-15 4:38 pm
GRANDVILLE, Michigan - A megachurch near Grand Rapids says it's going to set up a donation account for investors who lost money in Ponzi scheme set up by a man who gave $300,000 to the church.
- Bloomberg adds $30 million to anti-coal campaign Updated: Apr-08-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Billionaire Michael Bloomberg announced Wednesday that he is donating an additional $30 million to a Sierra Club initiative working to reduce the nation's use of coal.