- Special Olympics gets largest single private donation, $25M Updated: Jul-27-15 9:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The Special Olympics has received a $25 million donation, the largest single private gift in the organization's 47-year history.
- K-State reports $141.5M in donations this year Updated: Jul-20-15 2:37 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State University says it has received $141.5 million in gift pledges in the fiscal year that just ended.
- NYC soccer parade costs about $2 million Updated: Jul-10-15 10:51 am
NEW YORK - New York City officials estimate the parade for America's World Cup Soccer champions will cost $2 million.
- German attempts to break down barriers for deaf in N. Korea Updated: Jul-08-15 4:58 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In a country with zero kindergartens specifically for the deaf, Robert Grund wants to help establish the first - just a small suite of rooms for perhaps a couple dozen kids, in North Korea's capital, Pyongyang, a city of roughly 2.5 million.
- John Morrell, Homeland stores donate to Regional Food Bank Updated: Jul-08-15 3:13 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The John Morrell Food Group has extended its efforts to fight hunger with a donation to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Emirati businessman pledges over $1 billion to educate Arabs Updated: Jul-07-15 5:59 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A wealthy Emirati businessman says he is giving away a third of his assets, or more than a billion dollars, to educate Arab youth.
- Boy comforted by toy bear pays gift forward with donation Updated: Jul-06-15 9:14 am
COLUMBUS, Indiana - When his sister Eva died at birth, a teddy bear from a grief counselor is what comforted her brother, 10-year-old Jacob Clark.
- Swiss billionaire donates $25,000 to Landon Nature Trail Updated: Jul-05-15 8:19 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Swiss billionaire has donated $25,000 to help complete a 38-mile Kansas nature trail.
- Fireworks displays costly, but communities feel obligated Updated: Jul-03-15 2:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Butler residents nearly went berserk this year when Mayor Tom Donaldson said the city could not afford an annual Independence Day fireworks display.
- $3M donated for scholarships in wake of Charleston shootings Updated: Jul-02-15 8:13 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A group of anonymous donors from outside South Carolina has given $3 million to start a fund for college scholarships for Charleston-area students following the slaying of nine people at a historic black church last month.
- Billionaire Saudi prince vows to donate $32 billion fortune Updated: Jul-01-15 10:44 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia's billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, one of the world's richest people, has announced he will donate all of his wealth to charity over the coming years.