- Montana regents OK plan for MSU engineering school Updated: Mar-07-14 5:52 pm
- Many try to claim $2,500 found at thrift store Updated: Mar-06-14 3:29 pm
- Missouri settles with Joplin tornado fundraiser Updated: Mar-05-14 4:00 pm
- K-State gets $60M gift, largest in its history Updated: Feb-28-14 1:12 pm
- Noah's ark project in Ky. to move forward Updated: Feb-28-14 3:04 am
- Sparks school shooter's parents help fight bullies Updated: Feb-25-14 5:48 pm
- W.Va. inmates pitch in for foster children Updated: Feb-19-14 2:51 am
- Hospice worker: I was fired after getting cancer Updated: Feb-15-14 1:36 pm
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg biggest giver in 2013 Updated: Feb-10-14 6:10 am
- Mo. lawmakers may fund university buildings Updated: Feb-09-14 1:46 pm
- More need in Burlington keeping food pantries busy Updated: Feb-09-14 12:10 pm
- Philanthropist, 9, devotes art to animals Updated: Feb-08-14 10:30 am
- Food delivery program aims to help more families Updated: Feb-08-14 9:05 am
- Fire department needs houses to burn Updated: Feb-06-14 12:10 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The Montana Board of Regents have approved Montana State University's plans to spend the first part of a $50 million gift from a private donor to plan and design a new College of Engineering building.
GLEN CARBON, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois Goodwill store sorting out whether $2,500 found in a donation pile was accidentally left or a gift isn't having any trouble attracting people wanting to cash in.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A New Orleans-based fundraiser has agreed to pay Missouri for using Joplin tornado relief donations to pay for clothes, veterinary visits, food and her children's baby sitter.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas State University received a $60 million gift Friday from the family of longtime benefactor Jack Vanier, the largest private donation in school history, to be used for a range of academic programs and the latest round of athletic development.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Christian ministry's long-stalled plans to build Noah's Ark in the hills of Kentucky have been revived.
SPARKS, Nevada - The parents of a 12-year-old Sparks boy who shot and killed a teacher and wounded two students before turning the gun on himself have donated nearly $14,000 to an anti-bullying program in a partnership with the school district.
ST. MARYS, West Virginia - Inmates at two West Virginia correctional centers are doing their part for children headed to foster care.
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Hospice of Palm Beach County raised its CEO's pay 30 percent to $710,537 the same year a mother of three said the organization fired her because she could work only 30 hours a week while fighting breast cancer - a situation the hospice's founder called "outrageous."
SEATTLE - Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, were the most generous American philanthropists in 2013, with a donation of 18 million shares of Facebook stock, valued at more than $970 million, to a Silicon Valley nonprofit in December.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers appear to agree with Gov. Jay Nixon that public colleges and universities should get more money next year. But some lawmakers want to direct part of that money toward building improvements instead of devoting it to larger operating budgets as proposed by Nixon.
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Food pantries are in the business of feeding people, but business has been too good lately.
ROANOKE, Virginia - He's part artist, part philanthropist.
KENSINGTON, Maryland - There's no electricity or heat in the house.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The Grand Junction Fire Department is looking for a few good houses to burn.