- $10 million gift will build new center at DePauw University Updated: Feb-06-16 4:05 am
GREENCASTLE, Indiana - DePauw University officials say the private school has received a $10 million donation to be used to build a new technology center.
- National parks face $12 billion backlog for maintenance work Updated: Feb-05-16 1:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, but the system faces a multibillion dollar maintenance backlog that officials say is no cause for rejoicing.
- Woman embarks on project to collect bras for homeless women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Rachael Heger is no stranger to New Year's resolutions. Each year she makes them - and keeps them. But this year, the year she will be turning 35, she decided to go big.
- Police: Man faked brain cancer, took thousands in donations Updated: Feb-04-16 7:11 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man shaved his head and took weight loss pills to convince people he had stage 3 brain cancer and collect thousands in donations.
- Hunting, tourism groups support hike to Nebraska permit fees Updated: Feb-03-16 6:43 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Hunters and anglers in Nebraska might have to pay more for permits under a bill endorsed Wednesday by sporting groups, conservationists and the tourism industry.
- Repurposed parking meters to help Detroit's homeless Updated: Feb-03-16 11:56 am
DETROIT - A new initiative in downtown Detroit uses repurposed parking meters to collect donations for nonprofits that serve the homeless.
- Hawaii lawmakers kill bill to fly homeless back to mainland Updated: Feb-02-16 9:25 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers killed a bill Tuesday that would have funded a program to fly homeless people back to the mainland, saying some people may view it as an opportunity for a tropical vacation.
- Ohio sheriff's office warns of shop-with-cop charity scam Updated: Jan-23-16 3:00 am
AKRON, Ohio - A Northeast Ohio sheriff's office says it's investigating a scam that falsely collected thousands of dollars in donations for a popular charity that benefits poor children during the Christmas season.
- Utah senator seeks to honor intern killed in crash Updated: Jan-17-16 2:56 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A Utah lawmaker is seeking private donations for a tribute honoring a Washington City man who would have been his intern this legislative session.
- Chinese billionaire to donate money to restore mangroves Updated: Jan-17-16 12:09 am
NAPLES, Florida - Wenliang Wang has never seen the leafless dead mangroves that poke into the sky over a flooded mud flat between Goodland and Marco Island.
- Final design for Tucson shooting memorial released Updated: Jan-15-16 9:26 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Carved symbols along a dark red steel wall will be among the various parts of a large memorial to honor victims of the mass shooting in Tucson that gravely wounded then-U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords.
- Land donation to be used for Little Rock baseball field Updated: Jan-13-16 4:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Little Rock has accepted the donation of eight acres to build a new baseball field and expand the university's sports complex.
- 'Pick.Click.Give' manager optimistic about donations Updated: Jan-08-16 1:08 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The manager of a program that lets people donate money from their Alaska Permanent Fund dividends to nonprofits is optimistic they'll continue giving in record numbers if the dividend's size is reduced.