- Iowa Public Radio seeks more from universities Updated: Apr-15-14 6:31 pm
- Shakespeare Theatre 'White House' gets a cleaning Updated: Apr-12-14 11:05 am
- Heritage Center hits $12 million fundraising goal Updated: Apr-12-14 5:05 am
- Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Correction: Body Donations story Updated: Apr-07-14 2:33 pm
- As Rutgers transforms, philosophy gets a boost Updated: Apr-06-14 11:19 am
- Donations comfort family of slain Indiana man Updated: Apr-04-14 6:20 pm
- Ga. tax credit scholarships targeted by lawsuit Updated: Apr-03-14 5:32 pm
- Making it big slippery slope for crowd-funded cos. Updated: Apr-02-14 12:21 pm
- Humane Society seeking $2M for new Kokomo shelter Updated: Apr-02-14 11:56 am
- Indiana library to use $1K donation for stenciling Updated: Apr-02-14 4:04 am
- Beach Bags program for Va. needy kids needs goods Updated: Mar-30-14 9:53 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa Public Radio is asking for additional funding from the state's three public universities, a departure from a plan to become financially independent of them, according to a proposal released Tuesday.
STRATFORD, Connecticut - For years, the American Shakespeare Theatre on Elm Street played host to men and women who honed their skills on their way to becoming part of America's theatrical history.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Heritage Center has reached its goal of raising $12 million from private donors for an expansion project.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama paid $98,169 in taxes on $481,098 in adjusted income last year, tax returns the White House released Friday show. They paid an effective federal income tax rate of 20.4 percent and donated significantly less to charity than they did the year before.
LANSING, Michigan - In a story April 5 about proposed changes in body donations to Michigan medical schools, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Barbara Norgan is the supervisor of the Michigan State University donation program. She supervises the Wayne State University donation program.
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - It could be among the most frightening things a college student can tell his or her tuition-paying parents: "I'm going to major in philosophy."
INDIANAPOLIS - Family members say an outpouring of public support for the pregnant widow of a 24-year-old Indianapolis man who was fatally shot while on a pre-dawn walk Tuesday has brought "something wonderful" from the tragedy.
ATLANTA - A scholarship program meant to help low-income families afford private education violates the Georgia Constitution by sending tax dollars to unregulated schools, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday in Fulton County Superior Court.
NEW YORK - When Oliver Housknecht gave virtual reality headset maker Oculus VR $25 through crowdfunding website Kickstarter two years ago, he wanted to help a startup grow into a larger, independent company. Instead, Oculus became part of one.
KOKOMO, Indiana - The Kokomo Humane Society shelter project is almost one-third of the way toward a $2 million planning goal, and organizers are readying a big push to the finish.
VINCENNES, Indiana - A southwestern Indiana library board has approved using an anonymous donor's $1,000 gift to restore Art Deco stenciling discovered during a library remodeling project.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Maximus and Matthew Parks are too young to help with bills that have piled up since their mom got sick and lost her eyesight. But the Larkspur seventh-graders do have one trick up their sleeve.