- Business interests donate $2.1 million for Pence travel Updated: Aug-31-15 8:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence's travel at home and abroad to promote Indiana as a haven for business has been paid for by a collection of powerful interests that also stand to benefit from having close ties with the Republican governor.
- Pantries benefit from Michigan fair livestock auctions Updated: Aug-31-15 4:17 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Thurl and Betty Hartman were elated when they won half a cow at the Kalkaska County Fair, but those hundreds of pounds won't end up packed away into the couple's home freezer.
- UW private donations dip in last fiscal year Updated: Aug-27-15 2:59 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Private contributions to the University of Wyoming dropped for the second year in a row to about $46 million.
- Feds: Ex-coach stole $91,000 from charity inspired by player Updated: Aug-21-15 2:07 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former high school baseball coach has been charged with stealing $91,000 from a charity for terminally ill children that he founded in the memory of a player who made national headlines in his courageous effort to play sports while dying of cancer.
- Anonymous donor gives $100,000 to children's center Updated: Aug-13-15 5:22 am
UNIVERSITY CITY, Missouri - A suburban St. Louis children's center has received an anonymous $100,000 gift, following a profile of the center that appeared in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Foundation raises $500K to send students to Catholic schools Updated: Aug-10-15 11:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Catholic Education Foundation has raised more than half a million dollars under a new state program to help children from low-income families attend private schools in northeast Kansas.
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins Updated: Aug-07-15 9:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Native American tribe from South Dakota will return a $25,000 donation from a charitable arm of the NFL's Washington Redskins, saying the team name is "derogatory and inappropriate."
- Disabled vet, family moving into home after 2-year nightmare Updated: Aug-07-15 10:04 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A disabled military veteran and his family have a new home in North Dakota, but it wasn't without two years of headaches and numerous donations of supplies, money and manpower.
- LSU sets fundraising record with $193 million Updated: Aug-04-15 7:16 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In the past year, LSU has shattered several major fundraising records.