- Catholic fundraising group gets new director Updated: Mar-07-14 4:04 am
- Heisman winning RBs Salaam, Williams up for Hall Updated: Mar-06-14 2:41 pm
- Walmart Foundation gives $1.5M to kids' museum Updated: Mar-05-14 11:25 am
- Lawmakers report thousands in gifts from groups Updated: Mar-04-14 5:50 pm
- Retirement home cites IRS rules, cancels Merkley Updated: Mar-04-14 5:16 pm
- Highmark, UPMC waging Harrisburg regulatory battle Updated: Mar-02-14 12:55 pm
- Charity runners prepare for Boston Marathon Updated: Mar-01-14 4:18 pm
- Former foundation exec booked with embezzlement Updated: Feb-28-14 4:09 am
- RI Foundation doles out record $31M in 2013 Updated: Feb-28-14 12:04 am
- $3 million grant for Detroit Zoo penguin center Updated: Feb-27-14 4:13 pm
- Pa. woman gets prison for defrauding foundation Updated: Feb-26-14 6:48 pm
- NMSU endowment sees increased returns in 2013 Updated: Feb-26-14 5:07 am
- Collapse of exchange spells trouble for bitcoin Updated: Feb-25-14 10:37 pm
- Major bitcoin exchange said to be insolvent Updated: Feb-25-14 4:05 pm
- Group brings music of the world into schools Updated: Feb-25-14 9:59 am
- Heinz Foundation honors 5 with $250K awards Updated: Feb-25-14 9:07 am
- Rotarians head for Mexico to donate wheelchairs Updated: Feb-22-14 5:28 am
- Arts United chief a driving force in Fort Wayne Updated: Feb-21-14 9:37 am
- Foundation awards $1M grants to several nonprofits Updated: Feb-20-14 4:29 pm
- RI sets aside $200k for seafood, farming marketing Updated: Feb-20-14 11:43 am
- DiCaprio Foundation gives $3M to advocacy group Updated: Feb-20-14 10:43 am
- Milken Foundation honors Jackson teacher Updated: Feb-20-14 4:22 am
- Clinton Foundation funds recycling plant in Haiti Updated: Feb-18-14 6:49 pm
- Conn. agency seeks to streamline rules for raffles Updated: Feb-18-14 4:41 pm
- Investigation questions Brown Foundation spending Updated: Feb-18-14 4:34 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Catholic Education Foundation of Louisville says its executive director is retiring in the summer.
DALLAS - Heisman Trophy winning running backs Rashaan Salaam of Colorado and Ricky Williams of Texas are among the stars making their first appearance on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot this year.
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - The Walmart Foundation has donated $1.5 million to a planned family museum to be built near Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers, including two Democrats who are on leave after being charged with criminal offenses, have reported thousands of dollars in gifts and travel expenses they received from donors.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Some Democrats at the Rogue Valley Manor retirement community have taken the organization's administration to task for canceling a campaign stop by U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley because it would be too politically charged.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh is the front line of the fight between Highmark and UPMC when it comes to customers and public relations, but Harrisburg is the epicenter of the regulatory universe for both organizations.
BOSTON - Hundreds of runners dressed like superheroes raced down the final 18 miles of the Boston Marathon course Saturday, training for the world's oldest marathon a year after twin explosions killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Police in Meridian say the former executive director of a community organization has been booked with embezzlement.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Foundation awarded $31.1 million in grants in 2013, the most in its history. That's up 2 percent from $30.4 million in 2012.
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - The Detroit Zoo is getting a $3 million grant from the William Davidson Foundation Fund to open a new center for penguins.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former Bon-Ton Stores Foundation employee has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for stealing $1.3 million from the department store charitable organization.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The New Mexico State University Foundation's endowment is now valued at $197 million.
TOKYO - The sudden disappearance of one of the largest bitcoin exchanges only adds to the mystery and mistrust surrounding the virtual currency, which was just beginning to gain legitimacy beyond the technology enthusiasts and adventurous investors who created it.
TOKYO - One of the world's largest bitcoin exchanges has seemingly disappeared, delivering a severe blow to the virtual currency as it struggles to gain legitimacy.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Wearing bright orange and maroon costumes, white ornaments in their hair and bells on their ankles, Kalapriya, an Indian dance group from Chicago, danced across the stage of Edgewood Primary School last Wednesday.
PITTSBURGH - The Heinz Family Foundation is honoring five people for their work to improve the world through innovations in the arts, sciences, public policy, technology, and economics.
JUNEAU, Alaska - When Alaskans travel to Mexico, it's usually to escape the often times bleak grey and white winter landscape for a sun-soaked vacation.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - She wrote most of the grant proposals that raised the $2.2 million needed to purchase what is now the Auer Center for Arts and Culture, a hub for Fort Wayne's downtown cultural district.
CHICAGO - The MacArthur Foundation has chosen seven nonprofits for grants of as much as $1 million to recognize their success and future potential in work ranging from promoting the rights of Nigerian women to researching anti-crime programs in Chicago, the foundation announced Thursday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island wants to help local farmers and fishermen market their products.
NEW YORK - International advocacy group Oceana says it has received a $3 million grant from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation for its work to protect threatened ocean habitat and keystone marine species such as sharks.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Tracee Thompson, an English teacher at Jim Hill High School in Jackson, has received a $25,000 check from the Milken Family Foundation National Educator Awards.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The Clinton Foundation has awarded a $250,000 grant to a Haitian recycling plant that seeks to clean up the country's dirty capital city.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are considering a bill that attempts to make it easier for charitable organizations to raise money from bazaars and raffles.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Federal investigators said they found so much dubious spending by a foundation dedicated to the landmark Brown v. Board of Education school desegregation case that it questioned "all funds" given to the group.