- Kansas State to celebrate Seaton Hall groundbreaking Updated: Sep-01-15 5:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State University is planning a groundbreaking ceremony for a $75 million renovation of expansion of a 100-year-old campus building.
- Former Subway spokesman Fogle suing ex-aide over loan Updated: Aug-31-15 3:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle is suing the incarcerated former head of his charitable foundation for allegedly defaulting on a $191,000 personal loan to buy an Indianapolis home.
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Chairman promises review of unspent charity Updated: Aug-27-15 7:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Nearly $10 million in charitable donations by California taxpayers sat unspent in government accounts at the end of last year, The Associated Press has found, and the Senate Governance and Finance Committee chairman said Thursday that he wants a review of state accounts and will hold a hearing to find out why the money hasn't been spent.
- Vermont foundation gives $370k to promote education Updated: Aug-27-15 4:23 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - An organization that supports the Vermont Community Foundation has awarded almost $370,000 to promote college and career education for Vermonters.
- Eisenhower Foundation raises money for updates Updated: Aug-23-15 4:16 pm
ABILENE, Kansas - To mark the 125th year since Dwight D. Eisenhower's birth, a multi-million dollar fundraising campaign has begun to do a better job of telling the story of the nation's 34th president.
- Whiteside Theatre group exposes original facade Updated: Aug-23-15 9:49 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A few blows from a hammer, a yank on a crowbar and a few pounds of elbow grease, and the concrete faÃ§ade on the front of the Whiteside Theatre came down last Sunday morning. And for the first time in more than 50 years, the original exterior of the historic 1922 show palace was bathed in sunlight.
- Meridian Community College receives $1 million donation Updated: Aug-17-15 6:17 am
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Ever since Kathy Brookshire became executive director of the Meridian Community College Foundation some 15 years ago, she had a dream - that one day someone would walk through her office door and donate $1 million in support of MCC students.
- Historical Society Foundation having fundraiser in Brookings Updated: Aug-17-15 2:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Historical Society Foundation is having a fundraiser in Brookings with craft beer and coffee.
- Vermont Community Foundation awards grants Updated: Aug-16-15 10:17 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Community Foundation has awarded 29 grants to communities around the state for work that helps connect people to their neighbors, their land, and their history in ways that strengthen the community.
- LeBron James, Akron making college possible for city kids Updated: Aug-13-15 9:13 pm
SANDUSKY, Ohio - LeBron James is giving kids from Akron - ones with challenging backgrounds like his - the chance to go to college for free.
- Prosecutor: NY-based 'scam charity' duped high school kids Updated: Aug-13-15 6:15 pm
MINEOLA, New York - More than 100 New York teenagers - and dozens in Chicago, Houston and Nashville, Tennessee - were duped by a Long Island-based "scam" charity into working at concession stands at major sports and entertainment venues in those cities on the promise they would be paid $9 an hour, but most received little or no compensation, prosecutors said.
- MacArthur to fund 'big bets' on climate, criminal justice Updated: Aug-13-15 6:12 pm
CHICAGO - One of the nation's largest philanthropic foundations has announced a new focus on global climate change and reform of the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Foundation donates $1 million for Auburn scholarships Updated: Aug-13-15 4:35 pm
ATLANTA - Auburn University has announced a $1 million donation toward scholarships for students in the metro Atlanta area.
- Michigan man's 'Project Gump' run to end in Maine Updated: Aug-12-15 12:52 pm
PORT CLYDE, Maine - A 23-year-old Michigan native has raised more than $10,000 to help drill a well in Africa by running across the country as part of run called "Project Gump."
- Maryland musician convicted of wire fraud in Montana Updated: Aug-11-15 2:32 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Maryland man has been convicted of wire fraud in Montana for misrepresenting himself as a Grammy-nominated saxophone player and soliciting money for a children's cancer foundation that prosecutors say benefited only him.
- OSU gets grant to update fish, amphibian, reptile collection Updated: Aug-11-15 12:28 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The National Science Foundation has awarded a $422,000 grant to Oklahoma State University's Department of Integrative Biology to update facilities that house its fish, amphibian and reptile specimens.
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma gets $55,000 Walmart grant Updated: Aug-11-15 9:28 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma has received a $55,000 grant from the Walmart Foundation to fund a new employee who will work with retailers to secure more donated food.
- $6 million grant to fund study of dams in New England Updated: Aug-11-15 3:39 am
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A $6 million grant from the National Science Foundation program will fund a four-year study examining the future of dams in New England.
- Foundation raises $500K to send students to Catholic schools Updated: Aug-10-15 11:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Catholic Education Foundation has raised more than half a million dollars under a new state program to help children from low-income families attend private schools in northeast Kansas.
- 7 years later, Iowa City shelter gets permanent home Updated: Aug-08-15 11:37 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - It took seven years, but Liz Ford said she's excited about the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center's move to its new facility within the next few weeks.
- RI Foundation to offer grants to improve health care Updated: Aug-08-15 9:34 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Foundation is offering grants of up to $75,000 to organizations that work to improve health care in the Ocean State.
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins Updated: Aug-07-15 9:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Native American tribe from South Dakota will return a $25,000 donation from a charitable arm of the NFL's Washington Redskins, saying the team name is "derogatory and inappropriate."
- Flint institutions get $5M in grants from Mott Foundation Updated: Aug-06-15 5:37 am
FLINT, Michigan - Flint Cultural Center institutions have received about $5 million in grants to enhance arts and cultural services for local schools and communities.
- Effort to integrate arts at research universities gets $800K Updated: Aug-05-15 9:14 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities and the University of Michigan's ArtsEngine program have received $800,000 in funding.
- Chicago-based nonprofit gets $7.2M from Chase settlement Updated: Aug-03-15 5:15 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Equal Justice Foundation is benefiting from a $7.2 million windfall that the state was given in a settlement with Chase.