- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child Updated: Apr-17-14 4:59 pm
- 2 South Fla. museums awarded Kellogg grants Updated: Apr-17-14 5:35 am
- Media group names award after AP's Niedringhaus Updated: Apr-15-14 1:46 pm
- Suspect Sandy charity begins distributing dollars Updated: Apr-15-14 6:17 am
- Pittsburgh's Heinz Endowments names new president Updated: Apr-14-14 12:10 pm
- Iowa West Foundation delivers $4.2M in grants Updated: Apr-13-14 12:01 pm
- Television winners in Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:45 pm
- 'Walk at Lunch' Day to benefit Nebraska trails Updated: Apr-12-14 5:04 am
- Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Elder President Bush to endorse GOP nominee in Ga. Updated: Apr-10-14 8:01 pm
- Micron Foundation donates $1 million to UI Updated: Apr-10-14 4:43 pm
- Vienna Philharmonic wins Birgit Nilsson Prize Updated: Apr-09-14 2:20 pm
- RI Ssenate approves special Bruins license plate Updated: Apr-09-14 11:07 am
- Epilepsy Foundation's balloon launch criticized Updated: Apr-09-14 11:04 am
- Over 100 small grants doled to Vermont communities Updated: Apr-09-14 7:10 am
- Rio Tinto to give away Pebble Mine project shares Updated: Apr-07-14 3:53 pm
- ASU awarded National Science Foundation grant Updated: Apr-07-14 2:59 pm
- AP photographer killed, reporter wounded Updated: Apr-04-14 7:02 pm
- Hundreds make World Trade Center tower climb Updated: Apr-03-14 9:41 pm
- V Foundation names Bornstein board chair Updated: Apr-03-14 7:51 pm
- Ted Lindsay donates $1 million for autism program Updated: Apr-02-14 12:01 pm
- Grant awarded for redevelopments in W.Va., Pa. Updated: Apr-02-14 7:59 am
- Wegman foundation gives $17M to U. of Rochester Updated: Apr-01-14 12:52 pm
- Penn Foundation to fund $35M in watershed grants Updated: Apr-01-14 4:34 am
- 12 W.Va. teachers get Arch Coal Foundation awards Updated: Apr-01-14 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - Chelsea Clinton says she and her husband are expecting their first child later this year.
MIAMI - Two museums in Miami-Dade County are recipients of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation grants for programs that encourage family engagement in early childhood education.
NEW YORK - A women's media group has created a new award for courage honoring Associated Press photographer Anja Niedringhaus, who was killed on assignment in Afghanistan, the group announced Tuesday.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Superstorm Sandy charity that was suspected of fraud has started distributing money nearly a year after a settlement with New Jersey prosecutors.
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh-based Heinz Endowments has named Grant Oliphant the charity's new president.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Twenty-two nonprofit groups in western Iowa and eastern Nebraska are benefiting from $4.2 million in grants.
- TV Spot Coverage-Station: KXAN, Austin. West Explosion
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Later this month, Nebraskans will make time to walk for 30 minutes at lunchtime to help benefit Nebraska trails.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama paid $98,169 in taxes on $481,098 in adjusted income last year, tax returns the White House released Friday show. They paid an effective federal income tax rate of 20.4 percent and donated significantly less to charity than they did the year before.
WASHINGTON - President George H.W. Bush is featured in a Democrat's campaign commercial, but he plans to endorse the eventual Republican nominee in Georgia's Senate race, his spokesman said Thursday.
BOISE, Idaho - The Micron Foundation has given $1 million to the University of Idaho to be used to pay for an endowed professorship in microelectronics.
VIENNA - The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra added a prestigious feather to its cap Wednesday, with the Birgit Nilsson Foundation picking it as this year's winner of its $1-million prize named after the late Swedish soprano.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has approved legislation that would create a special Boston Bruins license plate.
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - The Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota's plan to launch 60,000 celebratory balloons around the state next month is drawing criticism from environmentalists.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Community Foundation says local organizations have received over 100 grants totaling almost $200,000 in 2013.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A major shareholder of a company behind a contentious Alaska mine project on Monday announced it was giving its shares away to two Alaska charitable organizations, at least one of which belongs to a larger group that has come out publicly against the project.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A grant of more than $336,000 from the National Science Foundation will fund an undergraduate summer program at Alabama State University.
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan police commander opened fire Friday on two Associated Press journalists, killing Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Anja Niedringhaus and wounding veteran correspondent Kathy Gannon - the first known case of a security insider attacking journalists in Afghanistan.
NEW YORK - They're high steppers of a different sort.
CARY, North Carolina - The V Foundation for Cancer Research has named NFL Network President and CEO Steve Bornstein as the chairman of its board.
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - The foundation of hockey Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay is donating $1 million to a center in Michigan to help children with autism and their families, officials announced Wednesday.
WELLSBURG, West Virginia - The Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation has awarded a $370,000 grant for redevelopment of 14 sites in West Virginia's Northern Panhandle and western Pennsylvania.
ROCHESTER, New York - The charitable foundation created by western New York supermarket founder Robert Wegman is giving $17 million to the University of Rochester.
PHILADELPHIA - The William Penn Foundation is funding $35 million of multi-year grants to protect and restore portions of the Delaware River watershed in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and Delaware.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Twelve West Virginia teachers have been honored for their classroom contributions.