- Penn State THON organizers to review 'canning' safety Updated: Oct-06-15 9:21 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Organizers of Penn State's student-run THON charitable campaign have suspended a "canning" weekend - when student collect donations in coffee cans - in the wake of a student's death in a car crash.
- Virginia Living Museum launches $5 million campaign Updated: Oct-06-15 7:22 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Virginia Living Museum has launched a campaign to raise $5 million over the next year.
- Punahou School receives $10 million from anonymous donor Updated: Oct-05-15 1:06 pm
HONOLULU - The second-largest private school in Hawaii has received a $10 million gift from an anonymous donor and alumnus.
- Head of New Jersey cancer society killed by falling tree Updated: Oct-05-15 11:41 am
COLTS NECK TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - The executive director of New Jersey's chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was killed Saturday afternoon when a tree fell on her vehicle during a storm.
- University of Indianapolis announces $50M fundraising effort Updated: Oct-05-15 8:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Indianapolis has announced a $50 million fundraising campaign along with a new poverty research institute.
- NYU engineering school receives $100M gift Updated: Oct-05-15 8:16 am
NEW YORK - New York University's School of Engineering has received a $100 million gift and will be renamed after its donors.
- Broncos' Latimer joins fight against cancer in honor of dad Updated: Oct-03-15 11:47 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - When Denver Broncos receiver Cody Latimer was 11, his father was diagnosed with colon cancer.
- Money for school-funding issue traced to 3 big donors Updated: Oct-03-15 11:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two charities have poured $2.6 million into efforts to pass a ballot initiative that aims to guarantee public school funding in the state constitution. But where did that money come from?
- Lexington Hunger Walk raises awareness along with money Updated: Oct-03-15 8:26 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Alice Rogers was getting her blood pressure checked at her doctor's office when the nurse's assistant asked her where she worked.
- UVM gets $20 million donation; renames business school Updated: Oct-02-15 4:36 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont has received a $20 million donation - its largest individual gift ever - and renamed its business school after the donor.
- EXCHANGE: Tazewell County Museum has much and more to offer Updated: Oct-02-15 9:24 am
PEKIN, Illinois - Over the last weekend in August, Christal Dagit was making her last trip to move and downsize. But instead of unpacking dishes and towels, she was carefully unwrapping and finding spots for historic items.
- Governors in the Dakotas make friendly bet on football game Updated: Oct-01-15 12:46 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple and South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard have made a friendly wager on the outcome of this weekend's football matchup between North Dakota State University and South Dakota State.
- Katy Perry, Sting, Seinfeld to perform at benefit concert Updated: Sep-29-15 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - Katy Perry, Sting and Jerry Seinfeld will perform at a benefit concert of the David Lynch Foundation on Nov. 4.
- Tulsa foundation pledges $100,000 to Arkansas marshal museum Updated: Sep-29-15 1:39 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - The Hille Foundation of Tulsa has pledged $100,000 toward the construction of the U.S. Marshals Museum in Fort Smith.
- UF alum gives $50M to College of Engineering Updated: Sep-29-15 3:35 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A University of Florida alumnus who invented the UV coating for sunglasses has given the school's College of Engineering a $50 million cash donation.
- Nonprofit donates $50K to MTSU veterans center Updated: Sep-29-15 3:31 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A nonprofit co-founded by country music legend Charlie Daniels has donated $50,000 to help equip a new veterans center at Middle Tennessee State University.
- Barrington man raises $30,000 for charity with 40-mile swim Updated: Sep-28-15 7:58 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - A Barrington man who completed a 40-mile weekend swim around Aquidneck Island has raised about $30,000 for charity.
- Penn State student killed in crash after charity fundraising Updated: Sep-27-15 10:01 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State University says a student has died in a one-vehicle accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike as she and six others were returning from collecting donations for the student-run THON charitable campaign.
- Heidi Klum cajoles boyfriend to buy her plastic snail Updated: Sep-27-15 8:28 am
MILAN - Heidi Klum gently, but persistently cajoled her boyfriend Vito Schnabel buy her a giant plastic snail at the 7th annual Milan amfAR auction, nudging up the price of the sculpture and helping raise a Milan record of $1.6 million for the charity.
- Executives camp out to raise funds for youth homelessness Updated: Sep-25-15 9:02 am
MINNEAPOLIS - About 100 corporate and community leaders plan to camp out this weekend to raise funds for young people who are homeless.
- Titans holding charity drive for school supplies Sunday Updated: Sep-25-15 4:03 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans will be collecting donations of school supplies before their home opener Sunday with the Indianapolis Colts.
- Organizers announce lineup for concert to benefit US troops Updated: Sep-24-15 11:28 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Promoters of an east Georgia concert aimed at raising money for U.S. troops have announced the lineup of bands, which includes headliner Kid Rock.
- Food bank raises $60K to pay tax debt, continue operating Updated: Sep-24-15 9:34 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A food bank has wrapped up a fundraising effort that started after it was revealed that the Lawrence mayor who was leading the nonprofit had failed to pay more than $61,000 in payroll taxes.
- Benefit seeks to help former foster children pay for college Updated: Sep-24-15 4:02 am
DETROIT - The fourth annual Fostering Futures Scholarship Benefit Dinner takes place in Detroit as part of an effort to give more former foster care children access to higher education.
- James Blake to join Billie Jean King, Elton John in Vegas Updated: Sep-22-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - James Blake has been added to the Mylan World Team Tennis lineup for its Smash Hits event with Billie Jean King and Elton John.