- Berkeley students use Kickstarter to fund library Updated: Apr-22-14 8:23 am
- University on track to set fundraising record Updated: Apr-21-14 9:19 pm
- Salaries rising for fundraisers at top charities Updated: Apr-21-14 5:37 pm
- State provides $300K to Hamer cancer center Updated: Apr-21-14 4:17 pm
- $5M donated for Mounted Warrior Museum in Texas Updated: Apr-21-14 1:28 pm
- Alec Baldwin helps Rhode Island library - again Updated: Apr-21-14 10:19 am
- Kokomo area rebounds from flooding 1 year ago Updated: Apr-20-14 1:11 pm
- Colts' Wayne focused on proving doubters wrong Updated: Apr-18-14 9:42 pm
- Broad Art Museum gets $5 million donation Updated: Apr-18-14 10:40 am
- ND students help fund construction with pennies Updated: Apr-18-14 10:01 am
- Bill Clinton jokes with Spacey at benefit concert Updated: Apr-18-14 9:31 am
- 3 to run marathon to help school stabbing victims Updated: Apr-17-14 1:22 pm
- Actor helping NY school build new playground Updated: Apr-17-14 7:06 am
- New Kansas African American Museum on hold Updated: Apr-16-14 10:28 am
- Mo. Senate bill raises benevolent tax credit cap Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 am
- Coast Guard leader champions Connecticut museum Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- Wind project donates $50,000 to children's museum Updated: Apr-14-14 1:58 pm
- Detroit concert with Spielberg sells out quickly Updated: Apr-14-14 12:01 pm
- Group forms to save Kerr Mansion in Oklahoma Updated: Apr-14-14 11:20 am
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- Railroad donates for museum project Updated: Apr-14-14 4:19 am
- Boy's Husker TD run raises money for research Updated: Apr-12-14 6:28 pm
- 'Walk at Lunch' Day to benefit Nebraska trails Updated: Apr-12-14 5:04 am
- Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- 5 opulent homes on Kiawah Island open to public Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
BERKELEY, California - A new Berkeley charter school had all the latest technology but no library - so the students designed one and raised money via Kickstarter to build it.
MISSOULA, Montana - University of Montana officials expect to break the school's fundraising record during the current fiscal year, which ends June 30.
WASHINGTON - Raising money for charity has become lucrative work.
RULEVILLE, Mississippi - The state of Mississippi has provided $300,000 to the fundraising efforts for the Fannie Lou Hamer Cancer Foundation Resource Center in Ruleville.
KILLEEN, Texas - A supporter of the proposed Mounted Warrior Museum in Central Texas has donated $5 million for the project planned just outside the main gate of Fort Hood.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A struggling public library in Rhode Island is getting help from actor Alec Baldwin - again.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Getting back to normal hasn't been easy for many families affected by flooding of the Wildcat Creek one year ago.
INDIANAPOLIS - Reggie Wayne spent the offseason working out.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University has received $5 million to increase its endowment and help fund exhibitions for the next five years, officials announced Friday.
POWERS LAKE, North Dakota - When efforts to fund a $7.5 million school construction project in Powers Lake fell $1 million short, students turned to their piggy banks.
NEW YORK - Near the end of the first half of Thursday's 25th Anniversary Rain Forest benefit concert at Carnegie Hall, chairwoman Trudie Styler introduced a man who recently learned he was going to be a grandfather, and out came former President Bill Clinton.
PITTSBURGH - Three people from the western Pennsylvania town where 21 students and a security guard were wounded in a high school stabbing rampage hope to raise money for the victims by running the Boston Marathon.
SYRACUSE, New York - The actor who played a detective-turned-school teacher on the HBO hit series "The Wire" is helping a central New York community replace an aging playground.
WICHITA, Kansas - Supporters of an effort to build a new Kansas African American Museum in downtown Wichita are vowing to keep working, even after the proposal was postponed and land designated as the museum's location was returned to the city.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri could award additional tax credits for donations to pregnancy resource centers, food pantries and maternity homes under legislation endorsed by the Missouri Senate.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, Adm. Robert Papp Jr. has made it a priority to develop a national museum dedicated to the maritime service.
ENID, Oklahoma - The Chisholm View Wind Project in Garfield and Grant counties has donated $50,000 to the Leonardo's Children's Museum in Enid.
DETROIT - Tickets for a special concert in Detroit featuring director Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams sold out in record time.
POTEAU, Oklahoma - A nonprofit group has been formed in eastern Oklahoma to save the Kerr Mansion near Poteau.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
BASTON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Knock Knock Children's Museum has received a $100,000 donation from CN Railroad to help fund learning zones at the museum planned at Baton Rouge City Park.
ATKINSON, Nebraska - Jack Hoffman, the 8-year-old cancer survivor whose touchdown run last year at the Nebraska spring football game was viewed by millions, doesn't talk much about the event that made him famous.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Later this month, Nebraskans will make time to walk for 30 minutes at lunchtime to help benefit Nebraska trails.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama paid $98,169 in taxes on $481,098 in adjusted income last year, tax returns the White House released Friday show. They paid an effective federal income tax rate of 20.4 percent and donated significantly less to charity than they did the year before.
KIAWAH ISLAND, South Carolina - Five opulent homes on Kiawah Island southwest of Charleston are being opened to the public as part of the annual Kiawah Island Art and House Tour.