- Coast Guard leader champions Connecticut museum Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- Wind project donates $50,000 to children's museum Updated: Apr-14-14 1:58 pm
- Detroit concert with Spielberg sells out quickly Updated: Apr-14-14 12:01 pm
- Group forms to save Kerr Mansion in Oklahoma Updated: Apr-14-14 11:20 am
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- Railroad donates for museum project Updated: Apr-14-14 4:19 am
- Boy's Husker TD run raises money for research Updated: Apr-12-14 6:28 pm
- 'Walk at Lunch' Day to benefit Nebraska trails Updated: Apr-12-14 5:04 am
- Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- 5 opulent homes on Kiawah Island open to public Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
- Micron Foundation donates $1 million to UI Updated: Apr-10-14 4:43 pm
- Chief urges civil online comments after stabbings Updated: Apr-10-14 3:36 pm
- 8-year-old girl befriended by hoops star dies Updated: Apr-09-14 5:29 pm
- Bezos family donates $20M to Seattle cancer center Updated: Apr-07-14 5:02 pm
- Chili's nixes autism event after backlash Updated: Apr-07-14 4:19 pm
- Correction: Body Donations story Updated: Apr-07-14 2:33 pm
- Evansville boxing match to benefit charities Updated: Apr-07-14 11:02 am
- Korner's Folly's new roof to resemble original Updated: Apr-07-14 9:11 am
- Salesianum gets $10M donation to endowment Updated: Apr-07-14 6:38 am
- Student artists' show to raise money for college Updated: Apr-05-14 11:07 am
- Dubuque medical group donates funds to schools Updated: Apr-04-14 1:53 pm
- Elk Foundation donates money for Wyoming access Updated: Apr-04-14 6:49 am
- UCO's Friends of the Library book sale set Updated: Apr-04-14 3:56 am
- Hundreds make World Trade Center tower climb Updated: Apr-03-14 9:41 pm
- Ga. tax credit scholarships targeted by lawsuit Updated: Apr-03-14 5:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, Adm. Robert Papp Jr. has made it a priority to develop a national museum dedicated to the maritime service.
ENID, Oklahoma - The Chisholm View Wind Project in Garfield and Grant counties has donated $50,000 to the Leonardo's Children's Museum in Enid.
DETROIT - Tickets for a special concert in Detroit featuring director Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams sold out in record time.
POTEAU, Oklahoma - A nonprofit group has been formed in eastern Oklahoma to save the Kerr Mansion near Poteau.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
BASTON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Knock Knock Children's Museum has received a $100,000 donation from CN Railroad to help fund learning zones at the museum planned at Baton Rouge City Park.
ATKINSON, Nebraska - Jack Hoffman, the 8-year-old cancer survivor whose touchdown run last year at the Nebraska spring football game was viewed by millions, doesn't talk much about the event that made him famous.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Later this month, Nebraskans will make time to walk for 30 minutes at lunchtime to help benefit Nebraska trails.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama paid $98,169 in taxes on $481,098 in adjusted income last year, tax returns the White House released Friday show. They paid an effective federal income tax rate of 20.4 percent and donated significantly less to charity than they did the year before.
KIAWAH ISLAND, South Carolina - Five opulent homes on Kiawah Island southwest of Charleston are being opened to the public as part of the annual Kiawah Island Art and House Tour.
BOISE, Idaho - The Micron Foundation has given $1 million to the University of Idaho to be used to pay for an endowed professorship in microelectronics.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In the crush of social media reaction to the Pittsburgh-area school stabbings that wounded 21 students, a small-town Ohio police chief drew a response with a straightforward plea: "Pipe down and let the people mourn."
DETROIT - When Michigan State was fighting to stay afloat despite a succession of injuries to key players, Lacey Holsworth was there.
SEATTLE - The family of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is donating $20 million to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
NEW YORK - Chili's has canceled a fundraiser for a group that states on its website that autism can be triggered by vaccinations, a position widely discredited by the medical community.
LANSING, Michigan - In a story April 5 about proposed changes in body donations to Michigan medical schools, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Barbara Norgan is the supervisor of the Michigan State University donation program. She supervises the Wayne State University donation program.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The 7th annual Guns and Hoses boxing match, in which Tri-State firefighters and law enforcement officers face head-on in the squared circle, is set for Saturday at the Ford Center in downtown Evansville.
KERNERSVILLE, North Carolina - The historic home in Kernersville known as Korner's Folly soon will have a roof that resembles its original one and not the red tin one that was added 50 years ago.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Salesianum School has received a $10 million donation to its endowment.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Memories of singing with her mother stuck with Ellyana Simon, even after she was put into foster care, abused and separated from her siblings.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Recent grant money from a Dubuque medical group will be used to help area high school students pursue careers in health care, said school officials receiving the funds.
CASPER, Wyoming - The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation has donated $45,000 to a program that increases hunting and fishing access in Wyoming.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Bargain-hunters looking for deals on books, media and educational materials will be in luck later this month.
NEW YORK - They're high steppers of a different sort.
ATLANTA - A scholarship program meant to help low-income families afford private education violates the Georgia Constitution by sending tax dollars to unregulated schools, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday in Fulton County Superior Court.