- Norman's Shootout celebrating 25th year Updated: Dec-12-13 7:39 pm
- Rejected cancer donation a blessing for Ind. woman Updated: Dec-12-13 10:39 am
- NH Speedway Children's Charities makes annual gift Updated: Dec-12-13 9:40 am
- DIA now in talks with mediators in city bankruptcy Updated: Dec-11-13 5:22 pm
- Anchorage, Fairbanks airports to increase fees Updated: Dec-11-13 4:47 pm
- Missourians allowed to donate unclaimed property Updated: Dec-11-13 3:14 pm
- Hunger a growing problem in Rhode Island Updated: Dec-11-13 2:53 pm
- UAMS receives $1 million gift for cancer work Updated: Dec-11-13 2:38 pm
- Tulane med researchers seek 'crowdfunding' money Updated: Dec-11-13 1:20 pm
- Salvation Army: Hawaii donations down 30 percent Updated: Dec-11-13 12:45 pm
- Foundation pledges $250K toward junior golf course Updated: Dec-11-13 5:06 am
- RI lawmakers playing blackjack for charity Updated: Dec-10-13 2:01 pm
- Computer skills earn Oahu school $10K donation Updated: Dec-10-13 9:04 am
- WVU alumnus endows safety management scholarship Updated: Dec-10-13 2:50 am
- Giants pitcher offers Make-A-Wish matching pledge Updated: Dec-09-13 7:31 pm
- Clear Lake plunge raises about $21K for charities Updated: Dec-09-13 7:52 am
- Astor estate donates $9M for education programs Updated: Dec-09-13 6:35 am
- Nonprofit honors late Buffalo Grove commissioner Updated: Dec-09-13 4:05 am
- Hawaii Meth Project warns of impersonators Updated: Dec-08-13 11:05 am
- Children raise money for food pantry Updated: Dec-08-13 10:52 am
- Illinois tornado benefit concert raises $300,000 Updated: Dec-06-13 8:46 am
- 'Batkid' returns to SF for charity event Updated: Dec-05-13 9:14 pm
- George Lucas donates $25M to Chicago charity Updated: Dec-04-13 5:13 pm
- Egypt's antiquities fall victim to political chaos Updated: Dec-04-13 11:01 am
- Egypt's antiquities fall victim to political chaos Updated: Dec-04-13 10:03 am
NAPLES, Florida - In the late 1980s, Greg Norman wanted to put together a golf tournament with a relaxed atmosphere and unique team format to benefit children's charities.
LOWELL, Indiana - What started as a shocking way to raise money for breast cancer research has turned into a blessing for a local unemployed single mother of three fighting the disease.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More than 50 organizations that help children across New England are getting nearly $250,000 from the New Hampshire chapter of Speedway Children's Charities.
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts has been allowed into talks on how to protect city-owned pieces in its collection during Detroit's bankruptcy.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Parking a car at the largest state airports in Anchorage and Fairbanks will cost more next year.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missourians can donate unclaimed property held by state government directly to charities that support military veterans, medical research, children's education and other causes under a new program state Treasurer Clint Zweifel announced Wednesday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More Rhode Island families are going hungry, and there is less food to help them.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences said Wednesday a founding member of its Cancer Institute Auxiliary will donate $1 million toward a new breast cancer center.
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane University's School of Medicine is joining one of the latest trends in fund raising.
HONOLULU - The Salvation Army is worried because donations to its annual red kettle campaign in Hawaii are down by 30 percent so far.
MARYVILLE, Missouri - An Ohio-based golf foundation is giving $250,000 toward a Tom Watson-designed junior golf course in northwest Missouri targeting youths and beginning golfers.
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - More than a dozen state lawmakers are playing blackjack to raise money for charities at Twin River Casino.
HONOLULU - A central Oahu elementary school's commitment to computer programming skills is paying off.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A West Virginia University alumnus is endowing a scholarship for the school's engineering and mineral resources program.
SAN FRANCISCO - Matt Cain wants to do his part to help the next Batkid make good on a dream.
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - About 550 people have braved the icy water of Clear Lake in northern Iowa for two good causes.
NEW YORK - A fund created with assets from philanthropist Brooke Astor's estate has awarded $9.2 million in grants to New York-based organizations for education and literacy programs.
BUFFALO GROVE, Illinois - A nonprofit group has donated $10,000 to the village of Buffalo Grove to honor its late police and fire commissioner.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A nonprofit organization seeking to reduce methamphetamine use in the state is warning Maui residents about impersonators soliciting donations for a scam meth project.
ALCOA, Tennessee - A couple of East Tennessee youngsters are making a difference in their community by raising money for a food pantry.
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Authorities say this week's benefit concert for Illinois tornado victims has raised about $300,000 for relief efforts.
SAN FRANCISCO - A 5-year-old Northern California boy who has battled leukemia for years and attracted thousands of fans last month by taking on the persona of his favorite superhero, Batman, is returning to San Francisco.
CHICAGO - The George Lucas Foundation will donate $25 million to an after-school program for children in Chicago over the next five years.
CAIRO - The home of Egypt's mummies and King Tutankhamun's treasures is trying to make the best out of the worst times of political turmoil. But the Egyptian Museum is taking a hammering on multiple levels, from riots on its doorstep to funding so meager it can't keep up paper clip supplies for its staff.
CAIRO - The century-old home of Egypt's mummies and King Tutankhamun's treasures is trying to make the best out of the worst times of political turmoil. But the Egyptian Museum is taking a hammering on multiple levels, from riots on its doorstep to funding so meager it can't keep up paper clip supplies for its staff.