- Missouri settles with Joplin tornado fundraiser Updated: Mar-05-14 4:00 pm
- Walmart Foundation gives $1.5M to kids' museum Updated: Mar-05-14 11:25 am
- Hutchinson woman leaves $226,000 to animal shelter Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 am
- St. Louis duo gives $2.5M to Missouri vet school Updated: Mar-04-14 9:35 am
- La. College considers new contract for Aguillard Updated: Mar-03-14 10:55 am
- NYers plunge into Hudson for charity Updated: Mar-03-14 6:11 am
- Abbeville's Gordon Center a community effort Updated: Mar-02-14 12:04 pm
- Corinth gears up for chili cook-off Updated: Mar-02-14 11:19 am
- U of I student group pledges $1M to arena project Updated: Mar-02-14 5:06 am
- Charity runners prepare for Boston Marathon Updated: Mar-01-14 4:18 pm
- Child with cancer leads school Mardi Gras parade Updated: Mar-01-14 3:29 pm
- W.Va. robotics team advances to world competition Updated: Mar-01-14 8:50 am
- K-State gets $60M gift, largest in its history Updated: Feb-28-14 1:12 pm
- Noah's ark project in Ky. to move forward Updated: Feb-28-14 3:04 am
- Fundraising after Nye debate revives ark project Updated: Feb-27-14 7:10 pm
- NY charity report: Telemarketers still get most Updated: Feb-27-14 3:05 am
- Cut out junk food ads in schools, government says Updated: Feb-25-14 9:04 pm
- George Lucas, wife donate $25M to Chicago school Updated: Feb-25-14 12:52 pm
- Spielberg to join Detroit Symphony for benefit Updated: Feb-25-14 10:37 am
- Massive piece of copper could be removed from park Updated: Feb-25-14 8:29 am
- Mo. Senate endorses looser food prep requirements Updated: Feb-25-14 5:07 am
- Albom to help rebuild libraries in Philippines Updated: Feb-25-14 4:23 am
- $800K gift largest in UM law school history Updated: Feb-24-14 6:48 pm
- Jamaica school serves as cradle for island's music Updated: Feb-24-14 3:33 pm
- Muskegon Museum of Art plans improvements Updated: Feb-24-14 8:10 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A New Orleans-based fundraiser has agreed to pay Missouri for using Joplin tornado relief donations to pay for clothes, veterinary visits, food and her children's baby sitter.
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - The Walmart Foundation has donated $1.5 million to a planned family museum to be built near Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A 93-year-old Hutchinson woman who died in May left a lasting legacy to her city's animal shelter.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A St. Louis couple pledged to donate $2.5 million to the University of Missouri's veterinary school despite having no prior connection to the university.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Joe Aguillard could soon receive a contract extension to remain at the private Baptist school in Pineville.
NYACK, New York - More than 140 people plunged into a bone-chilling Hudson River to raise money for charity.
ABBEVILLE, Mississippi - Several original school desks remain inside the former Abbeville School, their hinges rusted. The wood tops remain clear, though, free of evidence that students once sat in the seats more than 60 years ago.
CORINTH, Mississippi - Local and professional chili cooks will battle it out when the Crossroads Chili Cook-Off returns to Corinth in April.
URBANA, Illinois - A student cheering group at the University of Illinois has pledged $1 million to help renovate the school's sports arena.
BOSTON - Hundreds of runners dressed like superheroes raced down the final 18 miles of the Boston Marathon course Saturday, training for the world's oldest marathon a year after twin explosions killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.
BILOXI, Mississippi - A 5-year-old boy with cancer was able to lead a Mardi Gras procession in his hometown on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
HEDGESVILLE, West Virginia - Neither Zack Hahn nor his fellow James Rumsey Technical Institute students were the least bit frustrated as they considered how to continue improving the robot they designed - a labor of love that recently took top honors in the state and qualified them to compete at an international event.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas State University received a $60 million gift Friday from the family of longtime benefactor Jack Vanier, the largest private donation in school history, to be used for a range of academic programs and the latest round of athletic development.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Christian ministry's long-stalled plans to build Noah's Ark in the hills of Kentucky have been revived.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The founder of a Bible-themed museum who debated evolution with TV's "Science Guy" Bill Nye says fundraising after the widely watched event helped resurrect its stalled Noah's Ark project.
ALBANY, New York - The New York Attorney General's Charities Bureau reports that telemarketers kept on average 62 cents of every dollar they raised in New York in 2012, leaving 38 cents for the charities themselves.
WASHINGTON - It's not just about what America's kids are getting in the lunch line.
CHICAGO - Filmmaker George Lucas and his wife, Mellody Hobson, are donating $25 million to a prestigious private school on Chicago's South Side.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - A massive piece of copper that's a popular draw for school kids and tourists at a park in Michigan's Upper Peninsula could be removed if a $255,000 fundraising goal isn't met.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Nonprofit organizations could prepare food in private homes to serve at public charitable events under legislation endorsed by the Missouri Senate.
MANILA, Philippines - U.S. author Mitch Albom has launched a drive to rebuild 10 libraries in Tacloban, a central Philippine city ravaged by Typhoon Haiyan in November.
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana's School of Law has received an $800,000 donation - the largest in its history - to help pay tuition for law students who earned their bachelor's degree from Montana State University.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Barefoot and dressed in donated clothes, 12-year-old Renaldo Brown methodically plays scales on a flute under the canopy of trees at a Jamaican vocational school renowned for nurturing many of this music-steeped island's top instrumentalists.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The Muskegon Museum of Art is embarking on a significant project to improve the lighting in five of its seven galleries.