- Golf tournament raises $1.5 million for charity Updated: Jun-29-15 7:01 am
CROMWELL, Connecticut - Travelers says the just concluded Travelers Championship golf tournament in Cromwell generated more than $1.5 million for charity.
- Donors raise $71K so far for Niobrara County flood victims Updated: Jun-28-15 3:32 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Niobrara Recovery Committee has raised over $71,500 and distributed about $38,800 of that to businesses and homeowners directly affected by the June 4 flood.
- Fundraising almost complete for Cedar Falls beach house Updated: Jun-28-15 11:38 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - It's built like a brick ... beach house. Well, actually, it's concrete block.
- Fireworks fund high school activities in at least 2 cities Updated: Jun-28-15 10:50 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Fireworks stands have begun opening in areas that allow such sales around the Shoals.
- Pork donation to fill Iowa food pantry freezers Updated: Jun-27-15 6:17 pm
IOWA FALLS, Iowa - Iowa food pantries will benefit from a donation of about 44,000 pounds of fresh boneless pork loins being made by the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation and Iowa Select Farms.
- Arkansas animal shelter seeks donations to stay open Updated: Jun-27-15 2:20 pm
PARAGOULD, Arkansas - The director of a northeast Arkansas animal shelter says the operation could close without community donations.
- Musicians 'lend down a hand' at Down Syndrome fundraiser Updated: Jun-27-15 12:04 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - Country stars from Nashville came to Jackson to support the Down Syndrome Association of West Tennessee with live performances at the Casey Jones Amphitheater.
- Travelers Championship a boon for Connecticut charities Updated: Jun-26-15 11:21 am
CROMWELL, Connecticut - Before the golfers begin their final round at the Travelers Championship on Sunday, 19-year-old Brittany Vose will lead a group of about 300 people on a seventh annual walk around the course to raise money for pancreatic cancer research.
- Savers stores agree to changes after sued by Minnesota AG Updated: Jun-25-15 12:13 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Savers thrift store chain has agreed to improve transparency and will not solicit non-clothing donations without compensating charities as part of a settlement with Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson.
- Nonprofit works to raise $1M to help train assistance dogs Updated: Jun-23-15 10:13 am
WAYLAND, Michigan - A Michigan-based nonprofit that raises and trains assistance dogs is working to haul in $1 million in one day to help train more dogs and keep up with increasing demand for the animals.
- Walker to donate $3,500 received from white supremacist Updated: Jun-22-15 5:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker plans to donate money he received in campaign donations from the leader of a white supremacist group cited by the Charleston church murder suspect.
- Jackson County launches fund drive to build animal shelter Updated: Jun-22-15 4:14 am
SEYMOUR, Indiana - A southern Indiana county that wants to build an animal shelter has already brought in $12,000 before even launching a formal fundraising campaign.
- Blue Angels headline ShrinersFest 2015 in Evansville Updated: Jun-21-15 6:43 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The Navy's elite Blue Angels flight demonstration team will perform over Evansville during ShrinersFest 2015 that starts Wednesday.
- Nonprofit Farm Rescue getting $150,000 Bremer donation Updated: Jun-21-15 9:23 am
HORACE, North Dakota - The nonprofit Farm Rescue is getting a large donation from the Otto Bremer Foundation.
- Virginia attorney general announces rescue plan for college Updated: Jun-21-15 3:05 am
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - Prominent alumnae of Sweet Briar College are rejoicing over a mediated settlement to keep the 114-year-old Virginia women's college open, a rescue deal that caps frantic monthslong efforts to stave off a planned August closure.
- Commission to let state's first charter school stay open Updated: Jun-18-15 7:55 pm
SEATTLE - On a vote of 4-3, Washington's first charter school is going to survive to teach another year, despite serious concerns by the statewide Charter School Commission about the school's financial viability.
- Massachusetts 6-year-old plays 100 holes of golf for charity Updated: Jun-18-15 8:49 am
NORTON, Massachusetts - A 6-year-old Massachusetts boy has raised $25,000 for cancer research by playing 100 holes of golf in one day in memory of a classmate who died of the disease.
- Yale alumnus gives $4M to convert auditorium to gem exhibit Updated: Jun-17-15 12:10 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History's auditorium is being converted into a mineral and gem exhibit thanks to a $4 million donation.
- Hanna WWI memorial plaque found in ditch Updated: Jun-17-15 10:01 am
HANNA, Wyoming - Hanna's missing brass WWI memorial plaque that went missing in April has been found.
- Brewer donates $1 million to UC Davis beer science program Updated: Jun-16-15 9:02 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The University of California Davis is using $1 million donated by a Texas-based brewer to buy new equipment for its beer science program.
- Charities emerge from recession with record donations Updated: Jun-16-15 5:22 am
SEATTLE - Charitable giving in the United States has surpassed pre-recession levels for the first time in seven years, according to a national organization that tracks the generosity of Americans.
- Lauren Hill's family continues fight against brain cancer Updated: Jun-14-15 8:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Lauren Hill passed away two months ago from brain cancer two months ago. Her mother knows she'll be carrying on her daughter's mission for quite some time.
- Children's museum opens in Peoria after years of fundraising Updated: Jun-14-15 4:20 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A children's museum has opened in Peoria after more than a decade of fundraising.
- New website promotes crowdfunding for nonprofit agencies Updated: Jun-13-15 1:31 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A new website a Kansas City man plans to launch this coming week will promote crowdfunding to raise money for local nonprofit agencies through even the most modest of donations.
- Rutland school district establishes foundation for funds Updated: Jun-10-15 1:40 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Rutland school district will establish a foundation to invest and manage the gifts it receives.