- Marlins players fail to show for charity event Updated: May-22-15 6:30 pm
MIAMI - Mired in a seven-game losing streak, Miami Marlins players further disappointed their fans by failing to show as advertised for a charity event.
- Regents approve UM law school name change, tuition freeze Updated: May-22-15 3:18 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The University of Montana School of Law will be renamed within the next month for a Great Falls attorney who donated $10 million, after the state Board of Regents approved the plan on Friday.
- Board selling naming rights for rooms inside planned library Updated: May-21-15 4:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - The Columbus Public Library board hopes to raise more than $7 million by allowing people to name large spaces inside a proposed downtown library and cultural arts center.
- Minnesota attorney general sues Savers over charity claims Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota attorney general has filed a lawsuit against the Savers thrift store chain, claiming it's misleading people who donate clothing and household items about how much their donations benefit charities.
- Great Falls attorney makes $10M donation to UM law school Updated: May-20-15 4:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana is proposing naming its law school in honor of Alexander Blewett III after the Great Falls personal injury attorney donated $10 million to the school.
- Brett Favre playing football again - for charity Updated: May-20-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Brett Favre will be playing football again in Wisconsin, just not at Lambeau Field.
- Koch, Kravis donate total of $250M for hospitals, research Updated: May-20-15 9:38 am
NEW YORK - Industrialist David H. Koch (kohk) and financier Henry R. Kravis have made separate donations totaling $250 million for hospitals and medical research in New York City.
- Gov. Inslee donating raise to school fundraising site Updated: May-19-15 5:45 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee says that he's donating his pay raise to a fundraising site that helps with school expenses.
- FTC: Family raised $187M for cancer, spent it on themselves Updated: May-19-15 1:40 pm
WASHINGTON - A Tennessee man and his family used much of the $187 million it collected for cancer patients to buy themselves cars, gym memberships and take luxury cruise vacations, pay for college tuition and employ family members with six-figure salaries, federal officials alleged Tuesday in one of the largest charity fraud cases ever, involving all 50 states.
- Maryland part of FTC complaint against charity fraud Updated: May-19-15 1:08 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland is joining a Federal Trade Commission complaint against four cancer charities that are accused of misusing $187 million nationwide raised by deceptive fundraising practices.
- Obama library foundation raised $5.4 million in 2014 Updated: May-18-15 8:31 pm
WASHINGTON - The nonprofit foundation raising money for President Barack Obama's future library in Chicago took in more than $5.4 million in 2014, according to the organization's tax returns.
- Family's $55M donation to UM helps school reach $1.6B goal Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
MIAMI - An unexpected $55 million donation to University of Miami helped lift the school over its $1.6 billion fundraising goal a year early.
- CANNES WATCH: Koons work to be auctioned off for charity Updated: May-18-15 10:07 am
CANNES, France - Jeff Koons is about to generate some major cash for AIDS charity amfAR: He's agreed to auction off his massive "Coloring Book" sculpture for the group's annual gala outside Cannes this week.
- Vienna hosts Europe's biggest AIDS research charity event Updated: May-16-15 9:10 pm
VIENNA - Vienna's central City Hall Square was transformed Saturday into a mythical world of pagan rites and fantastic spectacle as the city hosted its biggest annual party of the year.
- 'Sting like a butterfly': Holyfield jabs Romney for charity Updated: May-16-15 10:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and five-time heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield squared off in the ring at a charity fight night event in Salt Lake City.
- ABC faces credibility crisis over Stephanopoulos donations Updated: May-15-15 3:24 pm
NEW YORK - George Stephanopoulos apologized to viewers Friday for donating $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation and failing to disclose it earlier, as ABC News now finds its chief anchor in a credibility crisis on the eve of a presidential campaign.
- Nonprofit hits fundraising goal for Waterloo sports complex Updated: May-15-15 2:38 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A nonprofit announced this week that it has crossed the finish line for a $27 million fundraising goal of the Cedar Valley SportsPlex in downtown Waterloo.
- Butcher shop co-owner has to pay over $13K to charity Updated: May-14-15 2:49 pm
BRENTWOOD, New Hampshire - A co-owner of a butcher shop in New Hampshire has pleaded guilty to not giving more than $13,000 from a fundraiser to a charity.
- Detroit museum considered selling Van Gogh to buy other art Updated: May-14-15 2:34 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Institute of Arts director Graham Beal says he considered selling a Van Gogh painting to raise money to buy other works for the museum.
- 30-foot wings drawn in chalk part of fundraising effort Updated: May-14-15 11:27 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - Thirty-foot-wide black wings drawn in chalk and charcoal outside a cafe in Michigan are part of a fundraising effort for a woman who wants to help build a school for adults in Nicaragua.
- Yorktown museum fundraising efforts top $10 million Updated: May-14-15 2:04 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation says it has raised more than $10 million toward its $15 million goal for the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown.
- Nonprofit group raising funds for pavilion at Harmonie SP Updated: May-13-15 7:11 pm
NEW HARMONY, Indiana - A private nonprofit has raised almost half of the projected cost of an outdoor education pavilion at Harmonie State Park to replace a nature center that now can barely hold a dozen visitors at a time.
- Darlington's wait: Old track prepping for Labor Day return Updated: May-13-15 5:00 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Darlington Raceway president Chip Wile acknowledged that he gets antsy at times watching tracks host two, three or four Sprint Cup races since the last time NASCAR showed up at his place.
- Tickets sell out to see Favre induction ceremony at Lambeau Updated: May-13-15 5:11 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Tickets have sold out in a matter of hours to watch Brett Favre's induction into the Green Bay Packers' Hall of Fame on the Lambeau Field video boards.
- School choice bill becomes law without governor's signature Updated: May-12-15 10:13 am
HELENA, Montana - Montana legislators instituted a new state law that reflects a national GOP initiative to boost private education options.