- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Marshall ceramics event raises $17K for food pantry Updated: Apr-29-16 4:51 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University ceramics students have raised $17,000 for a food pantry.
- Famous paleontologist celebrated at Museum of the Rockies Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A $3 million endowment has been set up at the Museum of the Rockies in honor of renowned paleontologist Jack Horner, who is retiring after 34 years as the museum's curator of paleontology.
- Ex-CSU student gives $13 million for scholarships, buildings Updated: Apr-28-16 4:15 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Colorado State University says an energy company CEO who attended the school is donating $13 million for scholarships and construction projects.
- MTSU names veterans' center for Charlie and Hazel Daniels Updated: Apr-28-16 2:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University has named a new support center for military veterans who are students there in honor of country music singer Charlie Daniels and his wife, Hazel.
- New Jersey taxpayers could get charity deductions under bill Updated: Apr-28-16 1:37 pm
MOUNT LAUREL, New Jersey - New Jersey residents could make deductions for charitable donations on their state income tax returns under legislation getting new attention.
- Michigan first lady christens Detroit pink elevator project Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 am
DETROIT - Michigan first lady Sue Snyder has christened a campaign involving a pink elevator in Detroit to raise funds benefiting the Susan G. Komen organization for breast cancer research.
- LACMA receives record-breaking $75 million donations Updated: Apr-28-16 8:44 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has received two donations totaling $75 million toward its new modernist building.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.
- Retired Gen. Petraeus to speak at law enforcement gathering Updated: Apr-27-16 9:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Retired Gen. David Petraeus has been tapped as the keynote speaker for an annual gathering of law enforcement officials in South Dakota.
- Purdue-Arizona State and Florida-Duke in Jimmy V Classic Updated: Apr-27-16 7:00 pm
NEW YORK - Purdue will face Arizona State and Florida will meet Duke in the 2016 Jimmy V Classic.
- Troopers investigate fundraising for girl who was not sick Updated: Apr-26-16 4:56 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - An online fundraising effort that took in $6,110 to pay medical expenses of a Fairbanks girl was taken down after the website creator said she learned the girl was not sick.
- Sonoma County couple donates $185M to UCSF neurosciences Updated: Apr-26-16 9:32 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A Sonoma County couple says they will donate $185 million for a new neuroscience institute at the University of California, San Francisco. It's the largest donation in the school's history.
- Massachusetts father runs 6 marathons for autistic son Updated: Apr-25-16 9:31 am
BOSTON - For Chris Beck, crossing the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday marked the end of an exhausting, but rewarding year. He ran the Abbott World Marathon Majors, of which Boston is one, in one year to raise awareness about autism for his son Owen.
- Army officer dies after collapsing running London Marathon Updated: Apr-25-16 7:51 am
LONDON - A British Army officer has died after collapsing three miles short of the London Marathon finish line.
- Penn State dance marathon phasing out fundraising effort Updated: Apr-22-16 1:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's annual charity dance marathon is phasing out a fundraising effort after two students died in recent years and the event will focus on alternative ways to raise money.
- OHSU plans educational center in Klamath Falls Updated: Apr-21-16 12:18 pm
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - Sky Lakes Medical Center and Oregon Health & Science University announced a partnership to launch a $50 million project for a new clinical and education building.
- DTE foundation gives $600,000 to Michigan Humane Society Updated: Apr-21-16 11:05 am
DETROIT - The DTE Energy Foundation has given $600,000 to the Michigan Humane Society for animal cruelty investigation work and emergency rescue programs.
- Detroit-area doctors, artists collaborate to fund research Updated: Apr-20-16 3:30 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan has forged collaborations between doctors and artists in an effort to fund medical research -- and to stimulate each other's creativity.
- Hall foundation gives $8 million to Kansas Cancer Center Updated: Apr-20-16 1:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Hall Family Foundation has given an $8 million gift to help The University of Kansas Cancer Center receive a national cancer center designation.
- Ex-Red Sox President Lucchino named chairman of Jimmy Fund Updated: Apr-20-16 10:48 am
BOSTON - Former Boston Red Sox president and one-time cancer patient Larry Lucchino has been named chairman of the Jimmy Fund.
- Cardinals launch campaign to honor Brock Updated: Apr-19-16 9:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have launched a season-long campaign, #STLisLou, to honor Hall of Famer Lou Brock and raise money for children with diabetes.
- LA schools set aside $9 million for sports uniforms Updated: Apr-19-16 12:40 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Unified School District has designated $9 million to be used for schools' athletic uniforms over the next three years in an attempt to keep athletes from having to do fundraising or shell out money to take part in sports.
- Reddick's sacrifice fly lifts Athletics over Royals 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-16 8:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Billy Burns' speed, along with a little luck, helped Oakland win its first home series.
- Cannon Ball gets playground to replace one damaged by fire Updated: Apr-17-16 5:53 pm
CANNON BALL, North Dakota - Students in Cannon Ball are getting a new playground to replace one that was destroyed by a grass fire last fall.