- Bengals' Devon Still asks for prayers for sick daughter Updated: May-30-15 2:27 pm
- Shaved ice truck offers Iowans cold, sweet treats Updated: May-30-15 10:49 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Even on a cold, rainy spring day, the Kona Ice truck beckons.
- Food banks to urge NY Legislature to increase funding Updated: May-30-15 9:34 am
ALBANY, New York - Food banks in New York state are urging state officials to increase funding for anti-hunger programs, saying that while donations are down the demand for food is up.
- Belichick avoids direct answers on deflated footballs Updated: May-29-15 8:44 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Coach Bill Belichick shed little light Friday in his first public remarks since the report was issued on the Patriots' use of deflated footballs.
- Lafayette students raise money for Abraham Lincoln plaque Updated: May-28-15 7:53 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Junior high school students have raised more than $3,000 with hopes of installing a plaque to commemorate Abraham Lincoln stopping in Lafayette on the way to his inauguration in Washington.
- Ferris State alumni donate $1.5M to pharmacy school Updated: May-28-15 6:41 am
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan - Ferris State University says two alumni have given $1.5 million to the Big Rapids school and its College of Pharmacy.
- 'Dancing,' 'Voice' on top as viewers got musical last week Updated: May-27-15 2:38 pm
NEW YORK - Music and dancing ruled on the airwaves last week, as "Dancing With the Stars" and "The Voice" tuned up to score five out of the 10 most-watched shows.
- Class forgoes trip to give principal money to treat cancer Updated: May-27-15 9:07 am
BETHLEHEM, New Hampshire - The graduating class at a New Hampshire high school is giving the money raised for its class trip to the school's principal, who has been diagnosed with cancer.
- Anonymous donor gives $20 million to San Diego university Updated: May-27-15 6:16 am
SAN DIEGO - An anonymous donor has given a university in San Diego $20 million to expand programs aimed at inspiring teachers and helping children get along with one another.
- Car rental firm founder's family to donate $22M to charity Updated: May-27-15 3:41 am
ST. LOUIS - The family of Enterprise Rent-A-Car founder Jack Taylor is set to announce a $22 million donation to various organizations that support underserved children in the St. Louis area.
- More than $290,000 raised to fight senior hunger in Oklahoma Updated: May-27-15 3:07 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma has raised more than $290,000 to support its senior feeding programs.
- Marlins players fail to show for charity event Updated: May-22-15 6:30 pm
MIAMI - Mired in a seven-game losing streak, Miami Marlins players further disappointed their fans by failing to show as advertised for a charity event.
- Regents approve UM law school name change, tuition freeze Updated: May-22-15 3:18 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The University of Montana School of Law will be renamed within the next month for a Great Falls attorney who donated $10 million, after the state Board of Regents approved the plan on Friday.
- Board selling naming rights for rooms inside planned library Updated: May-21-15 4:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - The Columbus Public Library board hopes to raise more than $7 million by allowing people to name large spaces inside a proposed downtown library and cultural arts center.
- Minnesota attorney general sues Savers over charity claims Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota attorney general has filed a lawsuit against the Savers thrift store chain, claiming it's misleading people who donate clothing and household items about how much their donations benefit charities.
- Great Falls attorney makes $10M donation to UM law school Updated: May-20-15 4:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana is proposing naming its law school in honor of Alexander Blewett III after the Great Falls personal injury attorney donated $10 million to the school.
- Brett Favre playing football again - for charity Updated: May-20-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Brett Favre will be playing football again in Wisconsin, just not at Lambeau Field.
- Koch, Kravis donate total of $250M for hospitals, research Updated: May-20-15 9:38 am
NEW YORK - Industrialist David H. Koch (kohk) and financier Henry R. Kravis have made separate donations totaling $250 million for hospitals and medical research in New York City.
- Gov. Inslee donating raise to school fundraising site Updated: May-19-15 5:45 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee says that he's donating his pay raise to a fundraising site that helps with school expenses.
- FTC: Family raised $187M for cancer, spent it on themselves Updated: May-19-15 1:40 pm
WASHINGTON - A Tennessee man and his family used much of the $187 million it collected for cancer patients to buy themselves cars, gym memberships and take luxury cruise vacations, pay for college tuition and employ family members with six-figure salaries, federal officials alleged Tuesday in one of the largest charity fraud cases ever, involving all 50 states.
- Maryland part of FTC complaint against charity fraud Updated: May-19-15 1:08 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland is joining a Federal Trade Commission complaint against four cancer charities that are accused of misusing $187 million nationwide raised by deceptive fundraising practices.
- Obama library foundation raised $5.4 million in 2014 Updated: May-18-15 8:31 pm
WASHINGTON - The nonprofit foundation raising money for President Barack Obama's future library in Chicago took in more than $5.4 million in 2014, according to the organization's tax returns.
- Family's $55M donation to UM helps school reach $1.6B goal Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
MIAMI - An unexpected $55 million donation to University of Miami helped lift the school over its $1.6 billion fundraising goal a year early.
- CANNES WATCH: Koons work to be auctioned off for charity Updated: May-18-15 10:07 am
CANNES, France - Jeff Koons is about to generate some major cash for AIDS charity amfAR: He's agreed to auction off his massive "Coloring Book" sculpture for the group's annual gala outside Cannes this week.
- Vienna hosts Europe's biggest AIDS research charity event Updated: May-16-15 9:10 pm
VIENNA - Vienna's central City Hall Square was transformed Saturday into a mythical world of pagan rites and fantastic spectacle as the city hosted its biggest annual party of the year.