- Utah liquor board OKs 1st tasting permit for a distillery Updated: Jul-28-15 6:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah liquor bosses granted special permission Tuesday for a distillery to offer a broad selection of whiskey samples, opening the door for more distillers and breweries to seek similar exemptions under the state's knotty alcohol laws.
- Upcountry winery changes its name to MauiWine Updated: Jul-25-15 6:18 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - For 41 years, locals have known Upcountry's winery as Tedeschi Vineyards or generically as "the Ulupalakua winery."
- Winemaker claims herbicide from neighbor destroyed crop Updated: Jul-24-15 6:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon winemaker has filed a lawsuit against a neighboring farmer, claiming herbicide drifted from the grass-seed field and destroyed one of his grape crops.
- Va. grape production doesn't keep pace with winery growth Updated: Jul-19-15 2:41 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Grape production in Virginia hasn't kept pace with the growth of wineries, creating a shortage that has driven up prices for wineries, wine producers and experts said.
- California Native American tribe plans resort, winery Updated: Jul-16-15 3:26 pm
WINDSOR, California - A casino-owning Native American tribe has plans for housing, a resort and a winery around a small Northern California town, and some locals are not happy.
- New bike tour takes riders through Lake Leelanau vineyard Updated: Jul-13-15 4:17 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Biking and vineyard touring are two of the area's most popular summertime activities; combine them and you get "Cycle the Vineyards" by Grand Traverse Bike Tours.
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas Updated: Jul-05-15 11:23 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The thirst for Kansas-produced alcoholic beverages is growing, with wineries multiplying and the state's largest craft beer brewer moving into a larger facility.