- Protesters accuse Ga. university of animal cruelty Updated: Dec-08-13 4:43 pm
- Drowned polar bear scientist gets $100k settlement Updated: Dec-04-13 6:13 pm
- Animal welfare group accuses Ga. school of cruelty Updated: Nov-20-13 7:22 pm
- AP IMPACT: Seeking lung donors after at-home death Updated: Nov-17-13 12:17 pm
- Congress votes to lift Chimp Haven spending cap Updated: Nov-14-13 9:25 pm
- Condemned man's wish raises ethical questions Updated: Nov-14-13 6:31 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Nearly 100 demonstrators and their dogs gathered in Augusta on Saturday to protest Georgia Regents University's use of dogs to test human dental implants.
JUNEAU, Alaska - An Alaska scientist whose observations of drowned polar bears helped galvanize the global warming movement has retired as part of a settlement with a federal agency he says tried to silence him to protect its political goals.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Animal welfare officials are accusing Georgia Regents University of performing unnecessary dental implant procedures on dogs, then euthanizing them.
The pair of lungs sits inside a clear dome, gently inflating as doctors measure how well they'll breathe if implanted into a patient who desperately needs a new set.
NEW ORLEANS - Congress has sent President Barack Obama a bill that would lift a $30 million federal spending limit for the national federal research chimpanzee sanctuary in northwest Louisiana.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An eleventh-hour request by an Ohio death row inmate to donate his organs is raising troubling moral and medical questions among transplant experts and ethicists.