- Rockwell art sells for record $46M at NY auction Updated: Dec-04-13 10:52 pm
- Big Banksy piece from gas station up for auction Updated: Dec-04-13 7:15 pm
- Producer says he believes actor stole Warhol art Updated: Dec-04-13 7:04 pm
- Boy's 'gun art' on display at art fair in Miami Updated: Dec-04-13 6:49 pm
- Philly Art Commission OKs Frazier statue design Updated: Dec-04-13 1:14 pm
- Report: Detroit-bought art worth as much as $870M Updated: Dec-04-13 12:56 pm
- Florida woman's handshake art displayed in W. Pa. Updated: Dec-04-13 10:21 am
- Public art project elicits the profound, profane Updated: Dec-04-13 7:41 am
- AP PHOTOS: Egypt museum hurt by political turmoil Updated: Dec-04-13 4:14 am
- Perez Art Museum Miami opens with gala reception Updated: Dec-03-13 6:50 pm
- Natural history museum diorama painter dies in Vt. Updated: Dec-03-13 5:37 pm
- Barnes Foundation director leaves for Drexel U Updated: Dec-03-13 4:40 pm
- W.Va. photographer's portraits on display Updated: Dec-03-13 2:04 pm
- Mandela portrait breaks South Africa record Updated: Dec-03-13 6:46 am
- French artist Laure Prouvost wins Turner Prize Updated: Dec-02-13 5:29 pm
- Artist suing over Statue of Liberty stamp mix-up Updated: Dec-02-13 5:07 pm
- Conn. museum sells statue to launch NASA satellite Updated: Dec-02-13 2:05 pm
- FIU art museum hosts sculpture symposium in Miami Updated: Dec-02-13 10:53 am
- Ohio art museum selling off surplus pieces Updated: Dec-01-13 12:58 pm
- Large oil companies pulling up stakes in Kansas Updated: Dec-01-13 11:40 am
- Israel asks Germany to return art to Jewish hands Updated: Dec-01-13 9:22 am
- Cleveland airport to showcase abstract art Updated: Dec-01-13 9:10 am
- Artists draw on Danbury's Main Street to be seen Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 am
- Flea-market Renoir siblings bitterly divided Updated: Nov-29-13 1:15 pm
- Okla. exhibit looks at music of historic Route 66 Updated: Nov-29-13 9:46 am
NEW YORK - A Norman Rockwell painting titled "Saying Grace" sold at an auction on Wednesday for $46 million, a record for the Saturday Evening Post illustrator and for any work sold at an American art auction, Sotheby's said.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Eytan Rosenberg had no idea that the man he let paint a mural on the side his family's gas station in Hollywood was the darling of the art world.
LOS ANGELES - A reality television producer told a jury on Wednesday that he believes Ryan O'Neal stole an Andy Warhol portrait of Farrah Fawcett done in 1980.
MIAMI - Charles Gitnick is only 11 years old, but his art appears far more mature.
PHILADELPHIA - Joe Frazier has won another decision more than two years after his death: The Philadelphia Art Commission has unanimously approved a design for a statue honoring the former heavyweight boxing champ.
DETROIT - City-bought works at the Detroit Institute of Arts have an estimated value roughly between $450 million and $870 million, according to an appraisal conducted by New York auction house Christie's.
PITTSBURGH - Artist Holly Hanessian of Tallahassee, Florida, has immortalized more than 1,000 handshakes in clay, creating unique casts that bear the imprints of two sets of fingers. Most of the works created for "Touch in Real Time" are now on display at the Society for Contemporary Craft's Downtown gallery on the ground level of the BNY Mellon skyscraper.
SYRACUSE, New York - It is public art made of private wishes.
CAIRO - Inside the Egyptian Museum, there are 200,000 items showing the splendor of the country's history - and few tourists to see them.
MIAMI - For South Florida art patrons, the wait is finally over.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Painter Fred F. Scherer, who created vivid dioramas of animals and birds in natural scenes for the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, has died at age 98.
PHILADELPHIA - The president of a major art institution in Philadelphia is stepping down to enter the world of higher education.
SHEPHERDSTOWN, West Virginia - Hali Taylor, a local photographer known for taking nearly 800 black-and-white portraits of local residents over the last quarter-century, uses the alley between the Shepherdstown Community Club and the town's public library as her studio.
JOHANNESBURG - A photographic portrait of Nelson Mandela has been bought by a private art collector in New York for $200,000, the highest price ever paid for a local portrait, organizers said Tuesday.
LONDON - French filmmaker and installation artist Laure Prouvost on Monday won this year's Turner Prize, the prestigious British award for contemporary art.
LAS VEGAS - An embarrassing mistake involving a Statue of Liberty stamp could come back to haunt the U.S. Postal Service.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport is making a calculated trade-off as it launches a significant upgrade to its science education program for schoolchildren.
MIAMI - Artists, collectors and curators are gathering at the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum at Florida International University for the "Makers & Shakers" internationals sculpture symposium.
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Toledo Museum of Art has been holding a garage sale of sorts.
ANTHONY, Kansas - The future seemed so tantalizing just two years ago as the nation's big oil firms rushed into Kansas.
JERUSALEM - Israel's deputy foreign minister urges Germany to give any Jewish-owned art from a trove discovered in Munich to Jewish or Israeli museums if heirs are not found.
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's airport wants to become a showcase for abstract artists from northeast Ohio.
DANBURY, Connecticut - Why go downtown? There's nothing to do.
WASHINGTON - A federal court battle over a stolen Renoir has fractured relations between a northern Virginia man and his sister, who maintains she bought the painting at a West Virginia flea market for $7 in 2009.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Getting your kicks on Route 66 been a favorite pastime of travelers near and far for decades. Now, the iconic song by Bobby Troup is part of an exhibit at Oklahoma's Route 66 Museum in Clinton focusing on the music and artists who help bring the famed highway to life.