- St. Louis museum buys $835,000 Wright chandelier Updated: Dec-11-13 11:53 am
- Betty Quadracci, co-founder of Quad/Graphics, dies Updated: Dec-09-13 10:11 pm
- Charles City features unique architecture Updated: Dec-08-13 2:08 pm
- Wright-designed skylight back in NY's Martin house Updated: Dec-07-13 9:25 am
- Wright home near Chicago to be listed for $2.4M Updated: Dec-05-13 9:04 am
- Developer sues over Sioux City building project Updated: Dec-02-13 8:46 am
- Fire hits Brazil's Latin America Memorial Updated: Nov-29-13 7:31 pm
- Dubai chosen to host 2020 world expo Updated: Nov-27-13 1:28 pm
- New building expands Kimbell's gallery space Updated: Nov-26-13 4:14 pm
- Art dealer buying jail in NY to hold collection Updated: Nov-22-13 2:07 pm
- Arts panel voices concerns on Eisenhower Memorial Updated: Nov-21-13 12:03 pm
- Group set to move Mason City 'international' home Updated: Nov-20-13 2:06 pm
- McDowell group hires architect for teacher housing Updated: Nov-18-13 2:04 am
- Husband, wife bring renovation skills to Lynchburg Updated: Nov-17-13 10:23 am
- Tokyo to keep to Olympic plans despite costs Updated: Nov-15-13 6:46 am
- Landscape group calls for care of Dan Kiley sites Updated: Nov-14-13 2:44 pm
- Another tower opens at World Trade Center site Updated: Nov-13-13 5:44 pm
- One World Trade Center named tallest US building Updated: Nov-12-13 8:07 pm
- SD park officials change site of planned center Updated: Nov-10-13 1:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Art Museum's purchase of a 110-year-old Frank Lloyd Wright chandelier for $825,000 was a rare opportunity to get a work by the late renowned architect, the museum's curators say.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin - Quad/Graphics Inc. co-founder Betty Quadracci, who also was president of Milwaukee Magazine and a champion of the arts, died Monday at age 75, the printing company said.
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Charles City has many architectural treasures still intact today despite a town history that includes major floods, fires and a devastating tornado.
BUFFALO, New York - A reproduction of a five-paneled skylight designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright has been installed at Buffalo's Wright-designed Darwin D. Martin House.
RIVER FOREST, Illinois - Frank Lloyd Wright's famed William Winslow House in suburban Chicago is going on the market for the first time in nearly 60 years.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A developer has filed a lawsuit alleging he was misled about the cost of renovations for a historic landmark in downtown Sioux City.
SAO PAULO - The fire department of Brazil's biggest city says a fire swept through a large auditorium in Sao Paulo's Latin America Memorial, a political, cultural and leisure complex designed by famed architect Oscar Niemeyer.
PARIS - Fireworks erupted in Dubai after the tiny Gulf emirate won the right to host the 2020 World Expo, becoming the first Middle Eastern city to organize the event in its more than 150-year history.
FORT WORTH, Texas - The Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth is expanding its gallery space with a new building designed by Italian architect Renzo Piano that is a nod to the museum's original Louis Kahn-designed building.
YONKERS, New York - A well-known art dealer and his famous architect wife plan to transform an old jailhouse on New York's Hudson River into studios and galleries.
WASHINGTON - A powerful arts panel that must approve designs for memorials in the nation's capital is again objecting to plans for a memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
MASON CITY, Iowa - A nonprofit group is pledging to move a unique flood-damaged home in Mason City that had been threatened with demolition.
WELCH, West Virginia - Reconnecting McDowell has hired an architect to design housing for public school teachers in the county.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - When Jon Braithwaite and Lauren Dianich first crossed the Fifth Street Bridge and saw downtown Lynchburg sprawling out before them, they knew they'd found their new home.
TOKYO - Japanese Olympic officials are adhering to plans laid out in their successful bid to host the 2020 Games despite criticism that costs for the main stadium are too high.
WASHINGTON - A group working to preserve notable landscapes is devoting its list of endangered sites this year to the work of Dan Kiley, who designed grounds at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Boston's John F. Kennedy Library and many art museums.
NEW YORK - Another office tower has opened at the World Trade Center site in lower Manhattan.
NEW YORK - They set out to build the tallest skyscraper in the world - a giant that would rise a symbolic 1,776 feet from the ashes of ground zero.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - State park officials and a project architect have changed their minds about where they want to build the new visitor center and theater complex at Custer State Park in South Dakota's Black Hills.