- University says county GMO measure could hamper research Updated: May-04-15 6:24 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University says a Benton County ballot measure that seeks to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops in the county could hurt GMO-related university research projects.
- Local food and farm task force plans meeting Updated: Apr-30-15 5:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A Kansas group tasked with preparing a plan to increase locally grown food production plans to get together this week.
- University of Utah commits to buying more local food Updated: Apr-19-15 12:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - University of Utah students could soon be eating more burgers made with grass-fed beef topped with cheese from local creameries. The school has committed to spending more of its food dollars on fresh, locally produced food in the coming years after students asked for more sustainable menus.
- Montana ranked 7th best state for local foods Updated: Apr-19-15 12:13 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A family farm advocacy group ranks Montana as the seventh-best state in being committed to locally produced foods.
- Specialty crop listening sessions set in Casselton, Bismarck Updated: Apr-08-15 2:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The state Agriculture Department is holding two public listening sessions this month on specialty crops.
- Maine group get grants to expand access to local food Updated: Apr-05-15 10:55 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine organization is getting federal funding to provide more low-income families with access to nutritious local food.