- Hampshire College center will support local food Updated: Mar-07-14 4:14 am
- ND local foods directory seeks submissions Updated: Mar-03-14 7:05 am
- Census: Indiana lost 2,200 farms from '07 to '12 Updated: Feb-20-14 7:53 pm
- Consumers seen driving increase in Conn. farms Updated: Feb-20-14 5:16 pm
- Bill seeks task force for locally grown Kan. foods Updated: Feb-17-14 5:05 am
- Grants to get local food into Vt institutions Updated: Feb-16-14 8:13 am
- Feds support 'hoop house' construction in Detroit Updated: Feb-16-14 4:04 am
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Hampshire College is building a new center that will help teach students the importance of eating locally grown food.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Providers of locally produced foods in North Dakota are being encouraged to list their business information in the new edition of the state's local foods directory.
INDIANAPOLIS - The operators of more than 2,000 Indiana farms - many of them among the state's smallest farming operations - called it quits between 2007 and 2012, according to a new government report on America's agriculture industry.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The number of farms in Connecticut jumped by 22 percent over five years, bucking a national trend in which the total declined country-wide, a federal census reported Thursday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Rural development advocates are seeking passage of a bill that could lead to the expansion of smaller farms and food production in Kansas communities.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Grants are available to Vermont farms and food hubs serving schools, hospitals and other institutional markets.
DETROIT - The federal government is providing $150,000 to support local food cultivation in the Detroit area.