- Johnson City farmers markets no longer just a niche movement Updated: Aug-22-15 11:16 am
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - Nearly every area community has its own farmers market or some gathering place where local produce growers can collect and sell products made or cultivated with their own two hands.
- Chefs ramp up 'farm-to-table' meals with restaurant gardens Updated: Aug-22-15 11:04 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Tucked alongside The Point at Phoebus restaurant is a mini-garden bursting with basil, thyme and green peppers. If you order a mojito inside at the bar, chances are good the mint probably was picked there.
- Garrett County aims to boost local food market Updated: Aug-14-15 2:03 am
OAKLAND, Maryland - Garrett County says it wants to expand production and consumption of locally produced food.
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma gets $55,000 Walmart grant Updated: Aug-11-15 9:28 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma has received a $55,000 grant from the Walmart Foundation to fund a new employee who will work with retailers to secure more donated food.
- West Virginia State to host urban agriculture conference Updated: Aug-10-15 2:08 am
INSTITUTE, West Virginia - Locally grown food in urban areas will be the focus of a conference at West Virginia State University next month.
- Chefs, activists shed light on Stikine, Taku rivers' future Updated: Aug-09-15 6:14 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Concern for the future of clean water in Southeast Alaska brought together two seemingly unlikely groups - chefs and activists. Naturally, food was involved.
- University of Maine pressed to serve more local food Updated: Aug-01-15 8:31 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A group of Maine food producers and organizations is pressing the University of Maine System to serve more locally grown food to students and staff.