- China accuses tycoon of murder in major gang bust Updated: Feb-20-14 10:40 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Torchbearer's tweet Updated: Feb-11-14 8:35 am
- IOC defends use of rehearsal footage in ceremony Updated: Feb-08-14 5:25 am
- Olympic greats Tretiak, Rodnina light cauldron Updated: Feb-07-14 10:20 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Torchlight Serenade Updated: Feb-07-14 2:40 pm
- Olympic flame in Sochi after world's longest relay Updated: Feb-05-14 12:10 pm
BEIJING - Authorities accused a Chinese mining tycoon of running a vast mafia that blackmailed, beat and gunned down rivals in daytime attacks, traveled in Rolls Royces and Ferraris and fostered ties to prosecutors and police with drug-fueled parties.
MOSCOW - She lit the Olympic cauldron. Now she's trying to put out a different kind of fire.
SOCHI, Russia - Olympic officials are defending the use of TV rehearsal footage to cover up a glitch in Sochi's opening ceremony and the choice of a final torchbearer who had posted a racially offensive tweet about President Barack Obama.
SOCHI, Russia - One of the greatest goaltenders of all time and an innovative figure skater who won three straight Olympic pairs titles lit the cauldron together Friday night at the opening ceremony of the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia gave its highest Olympic honor to two of its greatest champions.
MOSCOW - The Olympic flame reached Sochi Wednesday, following a 65,000-kilometer (39,000-mile) route, the longest in the history of the games.