- Oklahoma prosecutors fail to show up in embezzlement case Updated: May-23-15 1:31 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Attorney General's Office failed to appear for the initial court appearance of a former Rogers County commissioner who was charged by the office with embezzlement.
- Former Memphis clerk pleads guilty to embezzling fines Updated: May-23-15 10:11 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A former Memphis deputy court clerk has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $24,000 in traffic fines.
- Embezzlement plea brings 30-month sentence Updated: May-22-15 4:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans man has been sentenced to 30 months in prison for an embezzlement scam in which he skimmed nearly $1.8 million from his employer's payroll to pay off his casino debts.
- Plymouth ex-official sentenced to prison for embezzlement Updated: May-22-15 1:52 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former finance director for the town of Plymouth has been sentenced to two and a half years in prison for embezzling more than $800,000.
- Lawyer accused of embezzlement in will of Oxford estate Updated: May-22-15 8:00 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Woodbury lawyer has been charged with fraud on accusations he embezzled more than $1.8 million from the estate of an Oxford woman who died in 2010.
- Southwest Missouri sheriff admits to embezzlement, fraud Updated: May-20-15 7:15 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former southwest Missouri sheriff pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to embezzlement and using his position to promote a fraudulent investment scheme.
- Nebraska woman gets jail, probation for embezzlement Updated: May-20-15 1:50 pm
CHADRON, Nebraska - A 25-year-old woman has been given jail time and probation for embezzling money when she worked for a Chadron real estate company.
- Ex-village clerk jailed for theft could return to prison Updated: May-20-15 4:10 am
WASHINGTON PARK, Illinois - A former Washington Park clerk jailed for stealing $300,000 from the southwestern Illinois village may have committed a parole violation, prosecutors say.
- Ex-CEO of Colorado real estate group gets 5 years for theft Updated: May-19-15 9:05 pm
BRECKENRIDGE, Colorado - A longtime CEO of the Summit Association of Realtors who stole more than $415,000 from the nonprofit organization has been sentenced to five years in prison and must pay back the money.
- Fairfax police officer accused of stealing gas from county Updated: May-19-15 10:29 am
WASHINGTON - A former Fairfax County police officer has been accused of stealing thousands of gallons of gasoline from the county.
- State auditor, Jackson County court at odds over report Updated: May-18-15 8:50 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Missouri's newly appointed state auditor says problems persist in Jackson County Circuit Court and need to be addressed nearly a year after the former court administrator was sentenced to federal prison for embezzling almost $80,000.
- Suspect in $8.7M Ohio embezzlement arrested, FBI says Updated: May-18-15 7:56 pm
CINCINNATI - The FBI says a wanted man suspected of embezzling $8.7 million from a Cincinnati company has been arrested six years after he was charged in a 75-count federal indictment.
- Cambodia deports fugitive Russian tycoon Updated: May-17-15 1:54 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia deported a fugitive Russian tycoon Sunday who was living illegally in the Southeast Asian country after he was accused of embezzling $175 million in his homeland.
- Utah man faces up to 20 years in Nevada embezzlement scheme Updated: May-16-15 8:04 am
LAS VEGAS - A 49-year-old Utah man who operated a title company in Nevada faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to embezzling nearly $4 million from company escrow accounts for his own personal use.
- Man sentenced for embezzling money from youth hockey league Updated: May-15-15 11:46 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The former volunteer treasurer of a youth hockey organization has pleaded guilty to stealing nearly $29,000 from the group but won't serve any time behind bars.
- Ex-worker gets probation for embezzling from Dubuque library Updated: May-14-15 1:57 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A former Dubuque library employee has been sentenced to five years of probation after pleading guilty to embezzlement.
- State revokes pension over embezzlement of $200,000 Updated: May-14-15 10:47 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State Attorney General George Jepsen says a former Waterbury library payroll manager who pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $200,000 from the library will lose her pension.
- SD woman sentenced to probation for embezzlement, forgery Updated: May-14-15 8:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman has been sentenced to six years of probation for embezzling more than $34,000 from a Fort Pierre economic development group.
- New Orleans woman pleads guilty to embezzling $150,000 Updated: May-14-15 6:37 am
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans woman pleaded guilty to stealing $150,000 from a federally funded educational grant program.
- Former inn employee pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: May-14-15 5:05 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont woman has pleaded guilty to bank and wire fraud charges accusing her of embezzling $70,000 from the Brandon Inn where she worked as front desk manager.
- RI lawmaker pleads no contest to misusing campaign funds Updated: May-12-15 3:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic Rep. Joseph Almeida has pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of misappropriating campaign funds.
- Nebraskan pleads not guilty to embezzling more than $800K Updated: May-12-15 10:01 am
MCCOOK, Nebraska - A 54-year-old Culbertson woman has pleaded not guilty to allegations that she embezzled more than $800,000 when she worked for a livestock auction company in McCook.
- Former Bismarck Jaycees leader pleads not guilty to theft Updated: May-12-15 7:31 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A former president and treasurer of the Bismarck Jaycees has pleaded not guilty to embezzling $18,500 from the organization.
- Court sentences Egypt's Mubarak, sons to 3 years in prison Updated: May-09-15 2:22 pm
CAIRO - A Cairo court sentenced Egypt's deposed autocrat Hosni Mubarak and his two sons to three years in prison on corruption charges on Saturday - a punishment that authorities may deem as having already been served but one which, if it withstands appeal, would officially establish Mubark as a convicted criminal years after the 2011 popular uprising that toppled him.
- Former Archdale employee pleads to embezzlement Updated: May-08-15 11:38 am
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - A former employee with the city of Archdale has pleaded guilty to embezzlement charges.