- Ex-Berkeley County captain convicted of embezzlement Updated: Aug-29-15 2:19 pm
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A former Berkeley County sheriff's captain has been convicted in a gun embezzlement case.
- Secretary of state charged with theft, money laundering Updated: Aug-28-15 7:44 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's Democratic attorney general on Friday charged Republican Secretary of State Dianna Duran with embezzlement, fraud, money laundering and campaign finance violations, further widening a rift between the two over enforcement of the state's laws governing campaigns.
- Criminal probe into tribal lender includes Nevada partners Updated: Aug-28-15 6:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - A federal criminal investigation into the former leaders of the Chippewa Cree Tribe's online lending operations now includes a Nevada company the tribe partnered with in its first attempt to offer payday loans.
- Ex-Arkansas treasurer gets 2 ½ years in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 4:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner was sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison on Friday following her conviction last year on federal bribery and extortion charges.
- Grand jury calls for removal of Rogers County commissioner Updated: Aug-27-15 6:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A multicounty grand jury is calling for the removal of a Rogers County commissioner previously indicted on embezzlement and conspiracy charges.
- Pastor, wife accused by police of embezzling from church Updated: Aug-27-15 4:35 pm
HIGH POINT, North Carolina - Authorities in High Point have accused a pastor and his wife of taking money from their church.
- Oklahoma chamber claims ex-official used threats to get cash Updated: Aug-27-15 3:45 pm
TAHLEQUAH, Oklahoma - The Tahlequah Chamber of Commerce has filed a counterclaim against the city's former tourism director, who sued the chamber after she said she was wrongfully terminated.
- Massachusetts woman sentenced for embezzling $2.6 million Updated: Aug-27-15 12:47 pm
DEDHAM, Massachusetts - A former employee of a Massachusetts medical supply company has been sentenced to up to four years in prison after pleading guilty to stealing $2.6 million from the business
- Gunnison clerk arrested on embezzlement charge Updated: Aug-25-15 4:59 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Gunnison town clerk has been arrested for allegedly embezzling funds from the town where she worked.
- Arraignment delayed for ex-trooper accused of sexual assault Updated: Aug-25-15 2:44 pm
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - A man accused of sexually assaulting three women during traffic stops when he was an Oklahoma state trooper asked Tuesday for some charges against him to be dismissed.
- Ex-assistant at Meridian Community College arrested Updated: Aug-24-15 7:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former administrative assistant at Meridian Community College has been arrested after staff detected missing funds.
- Softball coaches' ex-treasurer charged with embezzlement Updated: Aug-22-15 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a former treasurer of the Rhode Island Fast Pitch Softball Coaches Association has been charged with embezzling from the organization.
- Ex-detective pleads guilty to misuse of public funds Updated: Aug-21-15 5:42 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Unified Police detective pleaded guilty Friday to misuse of public funds after being accused of not being able to account for $8,500 meant for informants to buy drugs from dealers.
- Oklahoma state GOP senator admits to $1.8M in fraud, quits Updated: Aug-20-15 5:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A two-term Oklahoma state senator admitted in federal court Thursday that he stole $1.8 million from the nonprofit agency where he worked and filed a false tax return.
- The Latest: State senator pleads guilty to fraud charges Updated: Aug-20-15 4:20 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The latest on the criminal charges filed against Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Rick Brinkley of Owasso (all times local):
- West Springfield man pleads guilty to stealing from employer Updated: Aug-20-15 8:58 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A West Springfield man has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $74,000 from the electrical supply and lighting company where he worked to fuel his drug and alcohol addictions.
- Charleston soccer team bookkeeper accused of embezzlement Updated: Aug-19-15 6:47 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The bookkeeper for a Charleston soccer team has been accused of taking $100,000 over the past four years.
- Senator targeted in embezzlement probe won't get pension Updated: Aug-18-15 6:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Republican state senator who has announced plans to resign after being accused of embezzling more than $1.8 million from the nonprofit where he worked will not be eligible to receive a state pension, the head of a state retirement agency said Tuesday.
- US Virgin Islands ex-governor held on embezzlement charges Updated: Aug-18-15 4:24 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A former governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands and an ex-finance director in the U.S. Caribbean territory were arrested on charges of embezzling public money, authorities said Tuesday.
- Prosecutors withdraw theft charges against ex-court clerk Updated: Aug-18-15 2:25 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Prosecutors have withdrawn felony theft charges against a former Garland County District Court clerk accused of embezzling more than $40,000.
- Man pleads guilty to embezzling Horseshoe Bend school funds Updated: Aug-18-15 5:05 am
HORSESHOE BEND, Idaho - A former money manager has admitted to taking more than $53,000 from the Horseshoe Bend School District in rural Boise County.
- Jackson school bus scam nets 6 months jail for Idaho man Updated: Aug-16-15 1:19 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - A judge has sentenced a 44-year-old Idaho man to six months in the county jail for embezzling more than $150,000 from the Teton County School District in northwest Wyoming.
- Vermont dentist office manager charged with embezzlement Updated: Aug-16-15 8:55 am
MONTPELLIER, Vermont - Vermont police have charged the former manager of a Montpelier dentist's office with embezzlement.
- GOP senator under investigation settles over campaign funds Updated: Aug-14-15 4:41 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A two-term Republican state senator being investigated for embezzlement at a nonprofit agency where he once worked has agreed to forfeit $81,000 in campaign funds to the state under a settlement announced Friday over allegations he improperly used them.
- Former bank executive acknowledges stealing almost $100K Updated: Aug-13-15 7:41 pm
DENVER - A former Front Range Bank executive has acknowledged stealing almost $100,000 from clients between 2009 and 2011.