- Plea deal for embezzling suspect nabbed on Appalachian Trial Updated: Oct-02-15 10:18 am
CINCINNATI - A federal court filing shows that a plea deal has been reached in the case of an accountant arrested along the Appalachian Trail six years after he was accused of embezzling $8.7 million from his Cincinnati-based employer.
- Nebraska woman accused of profiting from fraudulent loans Updated: Oct-02-15 6:53 am
SCHUYLER, Nebraska - A 37-year-old woman has been accused of embezzling more than $66,000 from a Pinnacle Bank branch in Schuyler.
- Plea deal in $8.7M Ohio embezzlement case Updated: Oct-01-15 7:51 pm
CINCINNATI - A federal court filing shows that a plea deal has been reached in the case of an accountant arrested along the Appalachian Trail, six years after he was accused of embezzling $8.7 million from his Cincinnati-based employer.
- Sacramento nonprofit loses funds to alleged embezzlement Updated: Oct-01-15 8:38 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A nonprofit that helps support Sacramento-area musicians with their dreams to hit the stage claims that the organization has lost about $100,000 to embezzlement.
- Ex-treasurer stole more than $60K from anti-puppy mill group Updated: Oct-01-15 8:01 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - The former treasurer of a group that fights against puppy mills has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $60,000 from the group to pay for money he lost in a sweepstakes scam.
- Prosecutors move to seize items from embezzlement suspect Updated: Oct-01-15 5:10 am
PITTSBURGH - Federal prosecutors are trying to permanently seize luxury items and more than $1 million from a Pittsburgh woman who they say embezzled millions from a company.
- Water Valley banker faces federal charges Updated: Sep-30-15 7:03 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - The former vice president of a Water Valley bank is free on $5,000 bond after being indicted by a federal grand jury.
- Former tribal chairman admits to embezzling more than $56K Updated: Sep-30-15 4:09 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A former Eastern Pequot Tribal chairman has admitted to embezzling more than $56,000 from the tribe to help a drug-addicted woman pay bills.
- Former Pantex credit union employee faces prison for theft Updated: Sep-30-15 7:58 am
AMARILLO, Texas - A former employee with the credit union of the Pantex nuclear weapons plant in Texas faces up to 30 years in prison for stealing $826,000.
- Bookkeeper pleads guilty to theft from employer Updated: Sep-29-15 4:03 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A West Tennessee bookkeeper has pleaded guilty to embezzling tens of thousands of dollars from her employer, five years after admitting to similar charges involving a different employer.
- County conservation worker to plead guilty to stealing $450K Updated: Sep-27-15 5:23 pm
HAZLETON, Pennsylvania - A former county conservation district employee in northeastern Pennsylvania is agreeing to plead guilty to a theft charge stemming from allegations she stole $450,000 from the organization.
- India clamping down on critics of Modi, activist groups Updated: Sep-27-15 1:20 am
NEW DELHI - It takes courage to accuse a powerful politician - a man who would go on to become India's prime minister - of encouraging riots against a minority. Police officer Sanjiv Bhatt did just that. And he says he is paying the price for it.
- More than $430,000 embezzled from suburb, authorities say Updated: Sep-25-15 5:05 pm
OAK PARK, Michigan - Investigators say more than $430,000 was embezzled from a Detroit suburb by a deputy clerk and her husband.
- Former county employee to plead guilty to embezzlement Updated: Sep-25-15 10:06 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former Schuylkill County employee has agreed to plead guilty in federal court to embezzling nearly a half-million dollars from her employer.
- US returns woman to face fraud charges in China Updated: Sep-24-15 7:40 am
BEIJING - A Chinese woman who served a U.S. prison term for money laundering was returned to China on Thursday, authorities said, just ahead of a meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Judge dismisses felony charges against Galena officials Updated: Sep-23-15 6:10 pm
GALENA, Kansas - To settle a private-party lawsuit, a judge has dismissed felony charges against a southeast Kansas mayor and six current or former city council members who were accused of misusing public funds.
- Ex-Osawatomie official pleads guilty in embezzlement Updated: Sep-23-15 4:15 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The former recreation director for Osawatomie has admitted embezzling more than $125,000 from the city.
- Guilty plea expected in Iowa bank company embezzlement case Updated: Sep-22-15 11:39 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A 50-year-old Iowa woman is expected to plead guilty next month to a charge that she embezzled nearly $865,000 from a bank company while working as one of its officers.
- Bujak resigns from state bar in wake of disbarment talks Updated: Sep-22-15 8:24 am
BOISE, Idaho - Former Canyon County prosecutor and gubernatorial candidate John Bujak has resigned from the Idaho State Bar, effectively ending his ability to practice law in Idaho.
- Former Buffalo union officials sentenced for embezzlement Updated: Sep-22-15 7:19 am
BUFFALO, New York - Two former officials with the Transportation Aides of Buffalo union have been sentenced to serve one year in federal prison for embezzling approximately $120,000 in funds.
- Woman pleads not guilty to scamming investors in oil patch Updated: Sep-21-15 6:05 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The wife of a man indicted in a murder-for-hire scheme that originated in the North Dakota oil patch pleaded not guilty Monday in an alleged scam involving her oilfield trucking business.
- Ex-New Mexico Cattle Growers Foundation treasurer sentenced Updated: Sep-18-15 7:24 pm
CLOVIS, New Mexico - The former treasurer of the New Mexico Cattle Growers Foundation has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for embezzlement and tax evasion.
- Chinese man wanted on corruption charges is returned from US Updated: Sep-18-15 8:58 am
BEIJING - One of China's most-wanted fugitives suspected of graft and bribery was brought home Friday from the U.S. to where he'd fled in 2001, in what Beijing called a victory in its efforts to gain greater cooperation from Washington on repatriating accused criminals.
- Former Popeyes franchisee official charged with embezzlement Updated: Sep-18-15 8:09 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a former executive of a Louisiana-based chain of Popeyes chicken restaurants has been indicted on embezzlement charges.
- Martinsburg man charged with embezzling from employer Updated: Sep-18-15 7:37 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A Martinsburg man faces charges of embezzling more than $170,000 from his employer.