- 4 more charged in Navajo discretionary fund case Updated: Dec-06-13 7:38 pm
- Vt. woman expected to plead in embezzlement Updated: Dec-06-13 4:25 pm
- Russia PM: No amnesty for political prisoners Updated: Dec-06-13 9:04 am
- Ex-W.Va. fire official accused of embezzlement Updated: Dec-05-13 4:31 pm
- Former tribal official charged with embezzlement Updated: Dec-05-13 4:29 pm
- Ex-treasurer sentenced in embezzlement scheme Updated: Dec-05-13 3:46 pm
- Ex-South Texas bookkeeper gets 5 years for theft Updated: Dec-05-13 9:44 am
- Ex-Houston banker gets 3 years for embezzlement Updated: Dec-05-13 7:29 am
- Ala. councilwoman pleads guilty to bank fraud Updated: Dec-04-13 2:18 pm
- Ex-Robeson fire chief charged with embezzlement Updated: Dec-04-13 9:46 am
- Former Washington Democratic official sentenced Updated: Dec-03-13 11:59 pm
- Former head of Vt. credit union pleads guilty Updated: Dec-03-13 6:09 pm
- NC woman pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: Dec-03-13 9:10 am
- Survey: Corruption grows in Mideast hot spots Updated: Dec-03-13 7:40 am
- Critics demand Brookfield first selectman resign Updated: Dec-03-13 6:49 am
- Ex-Wis. payroll worker accused in $1M embezzlement Updated: Dec-02-13 10:16 pm
- Former school chief pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: Dec-02-13 3:58 pm
- Lawsuit: 73-year-old left in solitary confinement Updated: Dec-02-13 3:55 pm
- Princeton club accountant accused of embezzlement Updated: Dec-02-13 3:43 pm
- Ex-bank worker pleads guilty to embezzling Updated: Dec-02-13 9:32 am
- Ex-university official in NY faces theft sentence Updated: Dec-02-13 8:52 am
- Ex-town official answers to embezzlement charges Updated: Nov-29-13 5:32 pm
- 2 former Mexican officials indicted in US Updated: Nov-27-13 2:40 pm
- Emmett woman sentenced for $1.2M embezzlement Updated: Nov-27-13 1:16 pm
- NY bookkeeper admits stealing from 2 companies Updated: Nov-27-13 3:04 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The leader of the Navajo Nation's legislative branch, his predecessor and two former lawmakers have been charged with misusing tribal discretionary funds intended for Navajos in need.
WATERBURY, Vermont - A Vermont woman is due in court later this month where she is expected to enter a plea to charges she embezzled about $120,000 from a Waterbury business and the local youth hockey association.
MOSCOW - Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev hinted Friday that members of the punk band Pussy Riot, former tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky and others widely referred to as political prisoners will not be freed in Russia's upcoming amnesty.
MADISON, West Virginia - A former assistant fire chief in Madison has been charged with embezzlement.
HAVRE, Montana - A former director of the Chippewa Cree tribe's wellness center has been charged with embezzling money.
FLORENCE, Alabama - The former treasurer of a volunteer fire department in Northern Alabama has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison for embezzling more than $39,000.
SAN ANTONIO - A South Texas woman has been sentenced to nearly five years in prison for embezzling $1 million from an interior design firm where she kept the books.
HOUSTON - A former Houston banker has been sentenced to three years in prison for stealing $340,000 from accounts he opened using the names of family and friends.
BIRMINGAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a Childersburg city councilwoman has pleaded guilty to bank fraud and money laundering.
LUMBERTON, North Carolina - A former rural fire chief in Robeson County has been charged with stealing money from his volunteer fire department.
SEATTLE - The former executive director of a state Senate Democratic campaign committee was given a two-year sentence Tuesday for embezzling as much as $330,000 in campaign contributions. Much of the money was spent at casinos.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The head of a small northern Vermont credit union that was taken over last year by federal regulators has admitted in court that she embezzled from her accounts.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A former program director for an Asheboro nonprofit group has pleaded guilty to embezzlement of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
BERLIN - Corruption is bad and getting worse in three Middle Eastern countries that experienced Arab Spring uprisings launched in part to combat graft and other abuses, according to a survey released Tuesday by an international watchdog group.
BROOKFIELD, Connecticut - Minutes after taking the oath of office, Brookfield First Selectman Bill Tinsley faced demands he resign over his no contest plea to a charge of larceny.
MILWAUKEE - A former payroll specialist at Wheaton Franciscan Services is accused of embezzling more than $1 million to support her gambling, according to a complaint released Monday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former superintendent has entered a guilty plea to embezzling more than $193,000 over eight years from an impoverished northern Kentucky school district where he worked.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico officials left a 73-year-old woman in solitary confinement for nearly five weeks and deprived her of medication for thyroid cancer and serious mental health issues, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - An accountant for a famous Princeton University musical-comedy group whose members have included F. Scott Fitzgerald and Brooke Shields has been charged with embezzling more than $100,000 from the club since 2010, prosecutors said Monday.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - A former employee of a southeast Missouri bank faces sentencing Feb. 18 after pleading guilty to embezzling nearly $400,000 from the bank.
TROY, New York - A former Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute employee faces up to nine years in prison for stealing more than $350,000 from the university.
PALMER, Massachusetts - The former town treasurer in Brimfield has been arraigned on charges she embezzled more than $80,000 from the town.
McALLEN, Texas - A federal indictment against two former Mexican government officials on money laundering charges was unsealed Wednesday in Corpus Christi.
CALDWELL, Idaho - An Idaho woman who pleaded guilty to embezzling $1.2 million from her former employer has been sentenced to four to 20 years in prison and ordered to pay restitution.
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York woman with a record of theft has pleaded guilty to stealing from two employers.