- Former bookkeeper at veterans group gets prison for fraud Updated: Apr-30-16 12:30 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Darien woman has been sentenced to prison for embezzling nearly $800,000 from a Connecticut veterans group.
- Embezzlement charge dropped against ex-realty employee Updated: Apr-29-16 6:34 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A 48-year-old woman accused in the embezzlement of hundreds of thousands of dollars from a realty company she worked for is no longer facing prosecution.
- Newark school principal accused of embezzlement Updated: Apr-28-16 5:59 pm
NEWARK, Vermont - Vermont State Police say the principal of the Newark Street School has been arrested on a charge of embezzling from the school.
- Authorities: Golf pro, wife sold bogus course memberships Updated: Apr-28-16 10:16 am
BAY CITY, Michigan - A Michigan golf pro and his wife are facing embezzlement charges after authorities say they sold bogus golf course memberships.
- Northwestern Indiana funeral home worker to plead guilty Updated: Apr-27-16 10:52 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana funeral home bookkeeper employee faces up to 20 years in prison for allegedly embezzling more than $340,000.
- Alabama VFW official arrested on theft charge Updated: Apr-27-16 11:48 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama leader of a national veterans group has been arrested on a charge of embezzling from the organization.
- Former bank employee sentenced for embezzling $180K Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - A former Carolina Alliance Bank employee has pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly $180,000 from a customer's bank account.
- Employee gets prison for stealing $100K from Christian store Updated: Apr-27-16 5:53 am
BUFFALO, New York - A 35-year-old man has been sentenced to prison time after admitting to stealing $100,000 from a western New York business that sells Bibles and other religious items.
- Ex-Texas energy company finance worker guilty of $450K theft Updated: Apr-26-16 8:50 am
HOUSTON - A former financial employee of Southwestern Energy Co. faces up to 80 years in prison for embezzling more than $450,000 from the oil and gas company.
- Corruption charges filed against former Dinamo Zagreb head Updated: Apr-26-16 7:18 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's anti-graft authorities have filed charges against former Dinamo Zagreb president Zdravko Mamic for tax evasion, corruption and bribery.
- Social services official pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: Apr-26-16 5:41 am
CHRISTIANSBURG, Virginia - A former Montgomery County Social Services official has pleaded guilty to embezzlement charges.
- Embezzler's vehicles to go up for auction in Kansas City Updated: Apr-25-16 4:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A fleet of two dozen expensive cars and motorcycles seized from a Kansas City-area accountant who defrauded more than $4 million from clients is heading for the auction block.
- Man who inspired film 'Bernie' sent back to prison by jury Updated: Apr-22-16 11:26 pm
HENDERSON, Texas - A jury on Friday sent a former East Texas mortician whose murder case inspired the movie "Bernie" back to prison.
- Art dealer pleads not guilty in $1 million embezzlement case Updated: Apr-22-16 7:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - A prominent Los Angeles art dealer pleaded not guilty Friday to three grand theft counts charging him with failing to pay more than $1 million to former Disney executive Michael Ovitz and another man for paintings he sold for them.
- Tribe's former environmental director sentenced for stealing Updated: Apr-21-16 5:02 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A federal judge in Maine has sentenced a North Carolina man to a year of probation for embezzling money from the Passamaquoddy Tribe at Pleasant Point.
- Former Missouri sheriff begins serving prison sentence Updated: Apr-21-16 9:22 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former southwest Missouri sheriff has started serving a federal prison sentence nearly a year after pleading guilty to embezzlement and aiding a fraud scheme.
- Former West Virginia city clerk charged with embezzlement Updated: Apr-21-16 4:08 am
WEST UNION, West Virginia - A former city clerk in West Virginia is facing charges of embezzling more than $8,000 from his city's utility board for his personal use.
- Ex-Pasco official sentenced to prison for embezzlement Updated: Apr-20-16 2:52 am
TRI-CITIES, Washington - The former director of the Downtown Pasco Development Authority who admitted to embezzling more than $90,000 from the agency has been sentenced to one year in prison.
- AP: S. Korea covered up mass abuse, killings of 'vagrants' Updated: Apr-19-16 9:14 pm
BUSAN, South Korea - The 14-year-old boy in the black school jacket stared at his sneakers, his heart pounding, as the policeman accused him of stealing a piece of bread.
- Fagen executive charged with embezzling $5.7 million Updated: Apr-19-16 7:56 am
GRANITE FALLS, Minnesota - The former chief financial officer for a large industrial contracting company from Granite Falls is charged with embezzling $5.7 million from her employer.
- Woman accused of filing fraudulent returns to steal refunds Updated: Apr-18-16 2:08 pm
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - An Alamogordo woman is accused of fraudulently filing income tax returns for other people to steal their refunds.
- Prosecutors: Clothing firm accountant stole more than $1.6M Updated: Apr-16-16 4:48 pm
FORT LEE, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a former accountant embezzled more than $1.6 million from a New Jersey clothing company.
- SEC and Vermont: Ski resort owners mishandled $200 million Updated: Apr-14-16 9:36 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Securities and Exchange Commission and Vermont on Thursday filed civil fraud charges against owners of two northern Vermont ski resorts, accusing them of misusing more than $200 million from foreign investors intended for development projects in the economically depressed area.
- State agents arrest former Blue Mountain town clerk Updated: Apr-14-16 7:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The former deputy city clerk for the Town of Blue Mountain has been arrested for allegedly embezzling more than $5,000.
- Placentia city employee accused of embezzling $3.4 million Updated: Apr-14-16 4:44 pm
PLACENTIA, California - The finance services manager of Placentia has been charged with embezzling $4.3 million.