- NY Public Library honors Mandela with exhibitions Updated: Dec-10-13 9:37 am
- Illinois volunteers catalog lost tornado documents Updated: Dec-09-13 5:13 pm
- Princeton searches for Salinger leaker Updated: Dec-08-13 11:38 am
- Rosanne Cash to talk at Library of Congress Updated: Dec-07-13 4:56 pm
- Book returned to Oregon library after 23 years Updated: Dec-06-13 6:31 pm
- York County libraries accepting food for fines Updated: Dec-06-13 9:41 am
- NPR's Michele Norris to speak at Nashville library Updated: Dec-06-13 4:04 am
- Expansion work starting at Ind.'s oldest library Updated: Dec-05-13 10:28 am
- FDR library-museum's digital database hits the Web Updated: Dec-05-13 7:08 am
- USC library hosts annual authors' reception Updated: Dec-05-13 4:07 am
- Phil Hardin Foundation funds MSU-Meridian library Updated: Dec-04-13 4:47 pm
- NH teen filmmakers to 'Spark a Reaction' Updated: Dec-04-13 11:19 am
- Thieves hit SE Kansas library twice Updated: Dec-04-13 5:16 am
- Lawrence library gets $275K matching grant Updated: Dec-03-13 8:26 pm
- Vatican, Oxford put ancient manuscripts online Updated: Dec-03-13 11:59 am
- Va library-turned-museum gives life to history Updated: Dec-01-13 1:35 pm
- Researchers recording the sounds of Yellowstone Updated: Dec-01-13 12:24 pm
- Grant: Union general's papers at home at MSU Updated: Nov-30-13 12:05 pm
- Crash damages entrance of northern Indiana library Updated: Nov-28-13 12:08 pm
- Wisconsin library offers Black Friday specials Updated: Nov-27-13 10:08 am
- State's online library Badgerlink gets redesign Updated: Nov-27-13 5:04 am
- Free online GED help available from State Library Updated: Nov-26-13 3:34 am
- Conn. library releases old Thanksgiving message Updated: Nov-26-13 3:06 am
- Ankeny pulls 'Extremely Loud' from 9th-grade class Updated: Nov-25-13 1:05 pm
- Bush library to feature holiday exhibit Updated: Nov-25-13 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Public Library is paying tribute to Nelson Mandela with a two-part, multi-media retrospective.
MORTON, Illinois - A central Illinois public library is working to reunite storm victims with their lost family documents that were scattered during last month's tornadoes.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Officials at Princeton University are trying to find out who is responsible for leaking an unpublished manuscript by J.D. Salinger from the university's library.
WASHINGTON - Singer Rosanne Cash is appearing at the Library of Congress in Washington.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Twenty-three years to the day after it was checked out, the book "Life before Man: The Fascinating Story of the Evolution of Living Things on our Earth" was returned to the Cedar Mill Community Library.
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - York County libraries are accepting food for fines for late books.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - National Public Radio host and author Michele Norris will speak at the Nashville Public Library in downtown Nashville on Saturday.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Work is about to start in Evansville on a long-planned expansion of what is regarded as Indiana's oldest public library.
HYDE PARK, New York - Hundreds of thousands of archival documents pertaining to Franklin D. and Eleanor Roosevelt can now be accessed online thanks to a virtual research tool launched this week.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Thomas Cooper Society is holding its annual coffee and reception, followed by a book signing for South Carolina authors.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Mississippi State University has dedicated the new Phil Hardin Foundation Library at its Meridian campus.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Teens in New Hampshire have the chance to enter a video contest with the slogan "Spark a Reaction," to use themes from science to promote the use of public libraries.
COLUMBUS, Kansas - Somebody in southeast Kansas doesn't understand the concept of borrowing from a public library.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Lawrence Public Library is getting a $275,000 matching grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
VATICAN CITY - Access to the Gutenberg Bible and other ancient manuscripts has just gotten easier.
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - When the front door of 804 South Street first opened in the segregated world of 1945, it offered black citizens access to a library.
BILLINGS, Montana - It may sound like the lead-in to a joke, but would a southern white-tailed deer have a different accent, maybe a drawl, from one that lives in Montana?
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Ulysses S. Grant and Mississippi go way back.
LOGANSPORT, Indiana - The director of a northern Indiana library is hoping for quick repairs after an SUV crashed into its entrance area.
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - The Black Friday action in one Wisconsin community includes specials at the local library.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A state website that gives users free access to test preparation materials, newspaper articles, Spanish language resources and more has been redesigned.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Electronic Library is a free resource to help people prepare for the GED high school equivalency test.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The public can now watch a video of the late Gov. Wilbur Cross reading his 1938 Thanksgiving Proclamation, marking the first time that a Connecticut governor appeared in a sound film.
ANKENY, Iowa - Copies of a novel about a boy whose father died in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks have been removed from an Ankeny classroom, and will require school board approval before they can be back in the district's English curriculum.
DALLAS - The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum has recreated the 2001 White House holiday displays in a new exhibit.