- Federal government files suit against Sioux Falls landlord Updated: Aug-31-15 1:54 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The U.S. government has filed a lawsuit against a Sioux Falls landlord, alleging he refused to let a tenant with a fractured leg move back into an apartment over concerns that a wheelchair could damage the carpet.
- Woman gets 4 years in prison for posing as hospice caregiver Updated: Aug-25-15 5:01 am
DALLAS - A 34-year-old woman has been sentenced to four years in federal prison for stealing the identity of a registered nurse and treating hospice patients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- New law will allow cameras in Illinois nursing homes Updated: Aug-21-15 6:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A new Illinois law will allow cameras in nursing home rooms.
- Diocese of Camden to sell off 4 elderly care facilities Updated: Aug-21-15 5:17 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - The Diocese of Camden has announced that it reached a $40 million agreement to sell four of its elderly care facilities.
- Police say LA-area nursing home recruited felons as patients Updated: Aug-19-15 8:59 pm
SOUTH PASADENA, California - South Pasadena's police chief says he'll ask for criminal charges to be filed against a nursing home where a patient walked away last year, doused herself with gasoline and set herself on fire.
- Scarce federal funding could delay Reno veterans home Updated: Aug-19-15 8:12 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State officials say they're ready to break ground on a 96-bed veterans' nursing home in Reno this spring, but whether construction actually begins then will depend on limited pot of federal money and how high Nevada's request falls on a long priority list.
- Fire chief, 5 others on leave following nursing home death Updated: Aug-19-15 7:13 am
MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota - The fire chief and five members of his department in the Twin Cities suburb of Maplewood have been placed on administrative leave, apparently over the death of a woman at a nursing home.
- Nursing home being sued by AG sues back Updated: Aug-18-15 12:34 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A New Mexico nursing home being sued by state Attorney General Hector Balderas has now filed a lawsuit against him.
- Iowa nursing facility chain reaches settlement over payments Updated: Aug-13-15 5:57 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - A nursing facility chain in Iowa that was accused of submitting inaccurate cost reports for Medicaid payments will pay more than $415,000 as part of a settlement.
- Stetson students, assisted living residents to share space Updated: Aug-12-15 3:02 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Assisted living residents and some Stetson University students will be sharing the same building this fall.
- Former Iowa mental health patients scattered around state Updated: Aug-09-15 2:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former residents at a state-run mental health facility that closed this year are now scattered throughout Iowa, with some living in nursing homes that are considered below average on a federal registry.
- DHEC investigates bedbugs at Florence assisted living home Updated: Aug-09-15 2:13 pm
FLORENCE, South Carolina - South Carolina health officials say they are investigating a possible bedbug infestation at an assisted living home in Florence.
- Those 'with same scar' find peace at Hiroshima nursing homes Updated: Aug-07-15 10:44 am
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Ayako Ishii was 19 and in love for the first time: She was studying the art of flower arranging in Kyoto and fell for her teacher. It was not to be, for the same reason her many subsequent attempts to find love were not to be.
- Assisted living center at Topeka's VA campus to open in fall Updated: Aug-06-15 3:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Veterans Administration plans to open an assisted living center on its Topeka campus for veterans with mild dementia.
- W.Va. officials announce long-term care background checks Updated: Aug-06-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - State health officials have announced a new background check program for long-term care workers in West Virginia.
- W.Va. begins background checks for long-term care positions Updated: Aug-05-15 11:49 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A new state program requires criminal background checks for applicants seeking certain jobs at long-term care facilities.
- Stonerise Healthcare buys Heartland of Clarksburg Updated: Aug-04-15 8:29 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Heartland of Clarksburg has been acquired by Stonerise Healthcare.