- Purchase of former Georgia prison raises concern Updated: Mar-11-14 11:02 am
- SC senior living community accused of negligence Updated: Mar-09-14 1:29 pm
- Health officials give SD nursing homes 20 beds Updated: Mar-08-14 10:37 am
- Minnesota: No effort to revive man at nursing home Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Bill limits legal exposure for nursing homes Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 pm
- Woman, 94, dies when neck caught in nursing bed Updated: Feb-26-14 8:52 am
- Neb. bill would try to increase elderly at home Updated: Feb-25-14 7:05 pm
- 4 more sickened at Ohio assisted-living facility Updated: Feb-21-14 12:46 pm
- Indiana House panel OKs ban on new nursing homes Updated: Feb-20-14 8:13 pm
- Consul brings relief to Pakistani family in Minn. Updated: Feb-20-14 3:38 pm
- Okla. House OKs bill on infant hospice services Updated: Feb-20-14 11:37 am
- LI nursing home patients moved due to water leak Updated: Feb-19-14 7:04 am
- LA civil action targets assisted living conditions Updated: Feb-18-14 3:35 pm
- Maine inmates find redemption through hospice care Updated: Feb-16-14 11:41 am
- Hospice worker: I was fired after getting cancer Updated: Feb-15-14 1:36 pm
- W.Va. bill paves way for Raleigh vet nursing home Updated: Feb-11-14 11:44 am
- LHC to acquire New Orleans hospice company Updated: Feb-10-14 12:22 pm
ATLANTA - A physician with a yearslong relationship with the Georgia Department of Corrections has bought a 700-bed former prison for $50,000 - half its appraised value - and stands to make millions running it as a nursing home for old and sick parolees.
FLORENCE, South Carolina - Relatives of four current and former residents of a home for seniors in Florence say the staff neglected and mistreated their family members.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Department of Health has awarded 20 additional beds to nursing facilities in western South Dakota.
MINNEAPOLIS - Nurses at a St. Cloud nursing home made no effort to revive a resident who became ill and died last June, according to a state investigation released Wednesday.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Defendants who can be named in lawsuits against nursing homes would be limited under a bill that moved Wednesday through the House Civil Justice Committee.
WAYNESBURG, Pennsylvania - The coroner is investigating the death of a 94-year-old woman whose neck became stuck between her mattress and a bed rail at a southwestern Pennsylvania nursing home.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers considered a bill Tuesday that calls for using state and federal money to improve programs designed to help elderly people keep living in their homes rather than move to care centers.
CINCINNATI - Four more seniors living at an assisted-living facility in southwestern Ohio have become ill with what's believed to be norovirus.
INDIANAPOLIS - A panel of House lawmakers has approved a one-year ban on the construction of new nursing homes across the state amid concerns the market is being flooded.
MINNEAPOLIS - A diplomat who visited the family of a Pakistani student who's been hospitalized for three months said Thursday they were relieved by details of a deal that resolves his visa and insurance issues to ensure he can stay in the U.S. and get the long-term care he needs.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma House has approved legislation requiring abortion providers to notify women whose fetuses have fatal conditions that hospice services are available as an alternative to an abortion.
ROCKVILLE CENTRE, New York - Authorities say patients at a Long Island nursing home are being moved to another building because of a broken sprinkler pipe.
LOS ANGELES - A complaint against operators of two unlicensed assisted-living facilities in Los Angeles alleges they jeopardized the health and safety of physically and mentally disabled residents.
WARREN, Maine - Steve Carpentier still sees the face in his dreams: Delirious and agitated, a dying inmate at the Maine State Prison cried out over and over that he was drowning.
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Hospice of Palm Beach County raised its CEO's pay 30 percent to $710,537 the same year a mother of three said the organization fired her because she could work only 30 hours a week while fighting breast cancer - a situation the hospice's founder called "outrageous."
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Senate Military Committee has endorsed a bill to allow construction of a 120-bed veterans nursing Home in Raleigh County.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette-based home nursing giant LHC Group Inc. said Monday it will has signed a deal to acquire a New Orleans hospice company and has bought home health companies in Tompkinsville, Kentucky, and Valley, Alabama