- New processing plant prepares traditional Alaska Native food Updated: Nov-24-15 7:15 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - First it was musk ox stew. Then the Alaska nursing home served up musk ox meatloaf to its elderly Inupiat residents and their visiting family members.
- Beshear orders national background checks for nursing homes Updated: Nov-20-15 2:18 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has ordered nursing homes and other health care providers to run national background checks on all new employees or risk losing their license to operate in the state.
- Lawmakers: Eliminate Nebraska long-term care savings program Updated: Nov-20-15 12:19 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative committee is recommending the elimination of a state program that was supposed to encourage Nebraska residents to save for their long-term care needs.
- SD gets over $1.8M to help boost rural health, public safety Updated: Nov-19-15 2:19 am
WILMOT, South Dakota - The U.S. Department of Agriculture says South Dakota is getting more than $1.8 million in loans and grants to help boost health and public safety in rural areas.
- Illinois won't limit who gets for elderly, disabled services Updated: Nov-09-15 4:21 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration has officially dropped plans to limit which elderly and disabled Illinois residents qualify for state-subsidized services.
- Patients' needs addressed in 'person-centered health care' Updated: Nov-09-15 3:41 am
CHICAGO - Every time JoAnna James took her husband, Lawrence, to the doctor, she left the hospital without understanding what was wrong with him.
- Residents of Hill City push for assisted living center Updated: Nov-08-15 12:32 pm
HILL CITY, South Dakota - A group of residents of Hill City in western South Dakota are trying to gather support for a local assisted living and affordable housing complex.
- Former NY nursing home employees sentenced in patient death Updated: Oct-28-15 3:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - Authorities say two respiratory therapists and three nurses have been sentenced for their roles in the death of a 72-year-old nursing home patient and subsequent cover-up on eastern Long Island.