- Demand increasing for paid caregivers Updated: Apr-19-14 1:58 pm
- Topeka nursing homes pursue culture change Updated: Apr-19-14 11:04 am
- Public health school gets $1M for long-term care Updated: Apr-19-14 9:32 am
- AP Exclusive: Turner had more than $4M on line Updated: Apr-17-14 5:22 pm
- Hospice owner, manager charged with Medicare fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 2:59 pm
- Opening of nursing home part of Joplin recovery Updated: Apr-15-14 11:17 am
- State fines Spirit Lake assisted living center Updated: Apr-14-14 1:49 pm
- Survey: Home, long-term care costs rise in Va Updated: Apr-14-14 10:16 am
- Survey: W.Va. home, long-term care costs rise Updated: Apr-14-14 10:14 am
- Construction moving on veterans' nursing home Updated: Apr-13-14 9:08 am
- Nebraska Medicaid director Chaumont dies of cancer Updated: Apr-10-14 5:50 pm
- Nebraska elderly care bill approved over veto Updated: Apr-10-14 5:43 pm
- STL Village to unveil senior living project Updated: Apr-10-14 5:04 am
- Elderly care program expands to 59 Kansas counties Updated: Apr-09-14 3:35 pm
- Lawsuit: Male stripper did show at NY nursing home Updated: Apr-08-14 5:56 pm
- In-home day care shut down after child's death Updated: Apr-08-14 6:34 am
- 'Flower lady' brightens spirits at nursing homes Updated: Apr-07-14 11:26 am
- 3 Wisconsin counties used homes cited for abuse Updated: Apr-06-14 6:05 pm
- Senate moves bill shielding nursing home interests Updated: Apr-03-14 3:51 pm
- Outbreak of cold-like virus hits Ore. nursing home Updated: Mar-25-14 10:29 am
- Conn. Announce $9M to restructure nursing homes Updated: Mar-22-14 3:55 pm
- Lake Hallie nursing home is fined nearly $31,000 Updated: Mar-21-14 5:13 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - When they married 31 years ago, Dave Johnson joked that someday his younger wife, Alicia, would be pushing him around in a wheelchair.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Nursing homes traditionally have run more like hospitals than homes, but a growing number around Topeka are changing business as usual.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University's School of Public Health has received a $1 million grant to launch a center to improve long-term care for the elderly.
INDIANAPOLIS - House Speaker Pro Tem Eric Turner earned nearly $8 million selling nursing homes in the last two years and stands to earn between $1 million and $2 million on projects now being developed, thanks in part to legislation he helped block this year.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A hospice in Chandler, its owner and the general manager have been charged in a 39-count federal indictment with defrauding Medicare.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Gladys Dutton has done a lot of things in her life, but Monday's dedication of the Communities at Wildwood Ranch nursing home marked a first.
SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa - An assisted living center in Spirit Lake did not adequately train workers and committed numerous medication errors, according to state regulators who said the facility presents an "imminent danger" to residents.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The cost of home and long-term health care is increasing in Virginia and is rising faster than national levels in some cases.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An annual survey shows long-term and home health care costs in West Virginians are outpacing such costs nationally.
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Clarksville's long effort to get a skilled nursing home for veterans is getting closer to reality as construction takes shape on grounds of the newest facility in the Tennessee State Veterans' Home network.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Vivianne Chaumont, a state agency director who oversaw Nebraska's Medicaid and long-term care services, has died of cancer.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will apply for a federal grant to spend millions more to care for the elderly in their homes, lawmakers decided Thursday as they voted to override Gov. Dave Heineman's veto.
ST. LOUIS - A group of older residents in St. Louis will unveil a new effort that encourages like-minded seniors to coalesce into a village where they can live, work and shop.
WICHITA, Kansas - A program touted as a community-based alternative to costly nursing home care for the elderly is making a major expansion in Kansas.
WEST BABYLON, New York - An 85-year-old nursing home patient was the victim of "disgraceful sexual perversion" when a male stripper gyrated in front of her against her will at the suburban New York facility, an attorney for the woman's family said Tuesday.
PORTLAND, Michigan - An in-home day care in Ionia County has been shut down after a 5-month-old died last year after being put to sleep in an adult bed.
ANGOLA, Indiana - With each bud of gentleness, the woman known as "the flower lady" hands out posies as her committee sings hymns and patriotic tunes.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Officials in Oconto, Shawano and Kewaunee counties continued placing sick and indigent people in assisted-living homes even though the facilities had a history of operational concerns, according to a published report.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Lawsuits targeting nursing homes would yield smaller awards in the future, as the deep pockets of private equity firms and passive investors would be protected under a measure passed by the Senate on Thursday.
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A Corvallis nursing home wants to limit visits by relatives while the staff contends with a cold outbreak that has left nearly a third of its 69 residents sick.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel Malloy says his administration is awarding grants worth $9 million to help Connecticut's nursing home industry diversify services to meet the changing needs of older residents and people with disabilities.
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin nursing home has been barred from accepting new patients after investigators found it failed to do a proper background check before hiring a convicted sex offender.