- Iowa nursing home fined for sex offender lapse Updated: Dec-07-13 5:36 pm
- Assisted living expansion planned in Front Royal Updated: Dec-05-13 6:58 am
- Terminally ill Iowa inmate gets parole for hospice Updated: Dec-03-13 1:25 pm
- South NJ nursing home cited for OSHA violations Updated: Nov-26-13 3:10 pm
- KU student newspaper writer resigns over column Updated: Nov-22-13 12:03 pm
- AARP says New York facing caregiver crisis Updated: Nov-21-13 3:02 am
- Minn. gets federal OK for $58M to aid vulnerable Updated: Nov-20-13 2:13 pm
- Minn. caregivers for disabled, elderly seek boost Updated: Nov-12-13 6:05 pm
- Suit alleges Va. center didn't protect patient Updated: Nov-10-13 1:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A central Iowa nursing home has been fined $2,150 for failing to protect residents from a registered sex offender for a second time in a three-month period.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Commonwealth Assisted Living plans a $1.5 million expansion of its assisted living community in Front Royal.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A dying Iowa inmate who was 15 when she entered prison will spend her final days in a hospice facility, a state board ruled Tuesday in granting her unprecedented parole.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal officials have cited a southern New Jersey nursing home for several violations that could have affected the health and well-being of its employees.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A columnist for the University Daily Kansan has resigned after editors learned the substance of one of his recent columns matched that of an article published earlier in a British newspaper.
ALBANY, New York - The advocacy group AARP says New York ranks among the worst states in providing support for unpaid caregivers for the elderly, and a looming population shift is expected to make matters worse.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota has received approval from the federal government to direct $58 million over four years into services meant to help senior citizens and people with disabilities in their homes.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Caregivers for the elderly and disabled got a head start Tuesday on lobbying Minnesota lawmakers to approve a 5 percent rate increase for home and community based services, using a rally attended by hundreds and presided over by supportive legislators.
NORFOLK, Virginia - An assisted living center in Norfolk is being sued by woman who alleges that it didn't protect her mother from an attack by another resident.