- Budget committee approves long-term care changes Updated: May-27-15 7:15 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin lawmakers have tweaked Gov. Scott Walker's plan to expand the state's Family Care program and wrap the IRIS program into it.
- Worker killed while servicing an elevator in central NY Updated: May-27-15 3:06 am
ONONDAGA, New York - State police say a worker has died after being pinned by an elevator at a central New York nursing home.
- Aging Catholic nuns get care at Jewish nursing home Updated: May-24-15 12:22 pm
NEW YORK - For 98-year-old Sister Angela Rooney, it was one of the most jarring moves of her life.
- Montana company specializes in saving trouble nursing homes Updated: May-22-15 10:05 am
SARATOGA, Wyoming - The president of a Montana company taking over a financially troubled nursing home in southern Wyoming says his company specializes in turning around troubled facilities.
- CVS paying $10.4B in cash for drug distributor Omnicare Updated: May-21-15 3:35 pm
CVS Health will pay more than $10 billion for pharmaceutical distributor Omnicare in a deal primed to feed its fast-growing specialty drug business and tap a lucrative and growing market: care for the elderly.
- Home health care providers plead for more state funding Updated: May-19-15 5:46 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Providers of community and home-based health care joined together Tuesday to plead for more state money and criticize lawmakers and Gov. Maggie Hassan for what they say is chronic underfunding of their programs.
- Kansas takes over nursing home because operator is insolvent Updated: May-19-15 4:37 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The state has temporarily taken over a Topeka nursing home after its owners couldn't make payroll and no one else stepped forward to run it.
- Broken boiler hose leads to 40 evacuated from nursing home Updated: May-18-15 7:41 am
GLOVER, Vermont - A broken boiler hose led to the evacuation of 40 residents at a Vermont nursing home over the weekend.
- Alaska officials take over nursing home after inspection Updated: May-16-15 4:47 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska officials are taking over a long-term care facility after inspectors found issues that they say jeopardize the residents' health.
- Saratoga nursing home closes, leaving residents in limbo Updated: May-12-15 8:34 am
SARATOGA, Wyoming - Residents of a Saratoga nursing home have been left in limbo after its Utah-based parent company shut it down last week.
- County commission approves $17M for assisted living center Updated: May-12-15 5:52 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Shawnee County Commission has unanimously passed a resolution issuing $17 million in bonds for an assisted living center in the River Hill subdivision.
- Nursing home with financial woes receives $1.1 million bid Updated: May-11-15 7:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A potential buyer has offered to pay $1.1 million for a financially troubled South Providence nursing home.
- Elderly man with prostitute under bed loses housing subsidy Updated: May-11-15 2:13 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a man living in a suburban Philadelphia assisted-living facility has lost his housing subsidy after officials found a prostitute underneath his bed.
- Pence to let bills on casino moves, nursing homes become law Updated: May-08-15 6:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's riverboat casinos will be allowed to build new on-land facilities, and a three-year moratorium will be imposed on construction of most new nursing homes around the state, under bills that Gov. Mike Pence said Friday he'll let become law without his signature.
- New law imposes 3-year ban on building nursing homes Updated: May-08-15 4:16 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A three-year moratorium on construction of most new nursing homes around Indiana will become law a year after the failure of a similar bill sparked a legislative ethics investigation.
- Nebraska taking control of nursing homes run by Utah firm Updated: May-08-15 2:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska officials said they have taken action to protect residents of two nursing homes run by an ailing Utah company.
- State takes over nursing homes in Faribault, Owatonna Updated: May-08-15 12:02 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State authorities have taken over management of nursing homes in Faribault (FAIR'-boh) and Owatonna after their owners ran into financial troubles.
- Deseret Health Group to shut down Saratoga nursing home Updated: May-07-15 1:55 pm
SARATOGA, Wyoming - The Wyoming Department of Health says Deseret Health Group will shut down its Saratoga nursing home.
- Judge says state's plan to reform disability services fails Updated: May-07-15 7:31 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge is threatening to impose sanctions against the state of Minnesota over its plan to reform services for disabled residents.
- Texas senior living company expanding into Louisiana Updated: May-06-15 6:58 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Avanti Senior Living says it will break ground later this year on a $20 million community in Baton Rouge and a $15 million development in Lafayette.
- Hassan to restore proposed nursing home cuts Updated: May-05-15 5:00 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan says she plans to restore $3.9 million in rate increases for New Hampshire nursing homes. Nursing homes were told earlier this year they would not receive any increases, although many had already written budgets around them.
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas Updated: May-01-15 9:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Blues legend B.B. King was in hospice care Friday at his home in Las Vegas, according to a longtime business associate with legal control over his affairs.
- Governor's group identifies $91M in Medicaid savings Updated: Apr-30-15 3:35 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A working group formed by Gov. Gina Raimondo has identified $91 million in savings for the state through changes to the Medicaid program.