- Stock and housing gains put US net worth at record Updated: Mar-06-14 2:49 pm
- Solid new-home sales lift hopes for housing market Updated: Feb-26-14 3:59 pm
- Lowe's 4Q profit meets analysts' estimates Updated: Feb-26-14 11:14 am
- Home Depot 4Q results mixed, boosts dividend Updated: Feb-25-14 10:32 am
- Housing sales/prices up from year ago Updated: Feb-12-14 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A surging stock market and rebounding home prices boosted Americans' wealth to a record in the final three months of last year, though both trends have slowed so far in 2014.
WASHINGTON - A surprisingly strong pace of new-home sales last month has boosted hopes that the spring buying season will be solid enough to lift the overall economy.
NEW YORK - Lowe's fiscal fourth-quarter net income rose 6 percent, as the home-improvement retailer continued to benefit from the housing market's recovery.
ATLANTA - Home Depot's fiscal fourth-quarter net income dipped 1 percent, hampered by bad winter weather and one less week in the period than a year ago.
SPOKANE, Washington - The state's housing market softened in the fourth quarter of 2013 compared to the quarter before, but remained stronger than a year ago.