- Hanford 300 Area cleanup plan released Updated: Dec-11-13 6:34 pm
- EPA names Windham's Keddy Mill a Superfund site Updated: Dec-11-13 2:57 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 2:41 pm
- EPA names Farmington rubber plant a Superfund site Updated: Dec-11-13 2:38 pm
- 2 Little Rock wastewater leaders suspended Updated: Dec-11-13 2:26 pm
- Mother charged with murdering, dumping NY newborn Updated: Dec-11-13 1:23 pm
- GM's Detroit headquarters goes landfill-free Updated: Dec-10-13 3:53 pm
- State recycling rate down slightly in 2012 Updated: Dec-10-13 2:30 pm
- More radioactive waste found at Bridgeton landfill Updated: Dec-10-13 9:35 am
- Garbage worker fatally injured in Eunice collision Updated: Dec-10-13 8:59 am
- KC company illegally transported hazardous waste Updated: Dec-10-13 5:07 am
- Bremerton woman recycles cooking oil into soap Updated: Dec-09-13 4:19 pm
- Crews to resume trash collection in LR after storm Updated: Dec-09-13 1:10 pm
- Analysis: Allain was undaunted by power and money Updated: Dec-08-13 5:04 pm
- Officials urge 'hard look' at PolyMet mine review Updated: Dec-06-13 7:56 pm
- Panel: Nuclear to remain key Japan energy source Updated: Dec-06-13 11:05 am
- Haley worried about Savannah River Site waste Updated: Dec-06-13 10:08 am
- Addis man ordered to pay expenses in federal case Updated: Dec-04-13 10:14 am
- DNR says mile-long manure spill nearly cleaned up Updated: Dec-03-13 10:25 am
- Fetus found at northeast Ohio wastewater plant Updated: Dec-03-13 5:58 am
- Kan. wastewater official sentenced to probation Updated: Dec-03-13 5:04 am
- Audit: Tire recycling program not monitored well Updated: Dec-03-13 4:13 am
- Oklahoma adopts California-style quake precautions Updated: Dec-02-13 4:37 pm
- Vegas kicks off colorful marker recycling program Updated: Dec-02-13 11:13 am
- St. Cloud food recycling site prepares to open Updated: Dec-02-13 10:59 am
SPOKANE, Washington - The U.S. Department of Energy on Wednesday issued its final cleanup plan for the 300 Area of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, which for decades made plutonium for nuclear weapons and is the nation's most polluted nuclear site.
WINDHAM, Maine - The Environmental Protection Agency has added a former mill site in Windham to the Superfund list of hazardous waste sites.
Williston Herald, Williston, Dec. 7, 2013
FARMINGTON, New Hampshire - The Environmental Protection Agency has added a former rubber plant in Farmington, New Hampshire, to the Superfund list of hazardous waste sites.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two Little Rock Wastewater Utility leaders have been suspended amid questions over the utility's arrangement for a manager to live rent-free at a sewage plant.
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The mother of a newborn boy has been charged with strangling the infant and leaving his body in a recycling bin in the New York suburbs.
DETROIT - General Motors Co.'s downtown Detroit headquarters complex now recycles, reuses or converts all its daily waste to energy, with efforts at the Renaissance Center keeping 5 million pounds of trash annually from landfills, the automaker announced Tuesday.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington residents recycled slightly less in 2012 than the year before, but the recycling rate still surpassed a 50 percent goal set by state law.
FLORISSANT, Missouri - A city engineer says more radioactive material has been discovered at St. Louis County landfill.
EUNICE, Louisiana - Police say a waste disposal worker was fatally injured in a two-vehicle collision in Eunice.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City company has pleaded guilty to federal charges of illegally transporting hazardous waste.
BREMERTON, Washington - Laura Kneib's handmade soaps might smell like rosemary, spearmint or lavender.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Crews in Little Rock are resuming trash and recycling collections after a wintry storm hit the city with sleet and ice.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain was known for his quick wit, sharp analytical mind and willingness to challenge entrenched interests.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State officials released a 2,200-page environmental review for the proposed PolyMet Mining Corp. copper-nickel mine to the public on Friday and urged Minnesotans to scrutinize the massive document as the state decides whether to embrace a new kind of mining.
TOKYO - Japan should continue to use nuclear power as a key energy source despite the Fukushima power plant disaster, a government panel said Friday in a reversal of a phase-out plan by the previous government.
AIKEN, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has told the U.S. energy secretary she wants something done with 37 million gallons of waste at the Savannah River Site near Aiken.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A federal judge ruled an Addis man owes the owners of an Assumption Parish company $114,969 for pumping 380,000 gallons of unauthorized industrial wastewater down their injection well.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A mile-long trail of manure that spilled from a ruptured pipe from a Dane County biodigester is nearly cleaned up.
SOLON, Ohio - Police in suburban Cleveland say they are looking for the mother of a human fetus found at the city's wastewater plant.
WICHITA, Kansas - A former northwest Kansas wastewater treatment superintendent has been sentenced to a year of probation and a $2,500 fine for violating the federal Clean Water Act.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Department of Environmental Quality hasn't properly monitored a program designed to keep tires from being dumped illegally, meaning tire processors could have been overpaid.
PRAGUE, Oklahoma - It's become a predictable routine at Matt Pryor's insurance agency: An earthquake rumbles through Oklahoma, rattling dishes and nerves. Then the phones light up with calls and text messages from desperate residents asking if it's too late to buy a policy to cover any damage.
LAS VEGAS - Dried-up markers will get new life through a recycling program kicking off today in Las Vegas.
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - Managers of a St. Cloud compost site hope to start receiving food scraps as soon as this week now that they've obtained a state permit to accept organic waste.